Jump to content
Philc1

Can we get back to Suck 4 Sam please?

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Pety and Hackenberg have sailed IMO. If Hackenberg was put in, I suspect it would end up like Kizer with Cleveland

No. Hackenberg sucks out loud on his own. Kizer is surrounded by absolute garbage. If anything, the Jets weapons have proven to be better than originally thought. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

No. Hackenberg sucks out loud on his own. Kizer is surrounded by absolute garbage. If anything, the Jets weapons have proven to be better than originally thought. 

Hack was bad, but Hack wasn't throwing to Kearse/Kerley two of our best WRs this season. Again, not a defense of Hack, but our "weapons" have improved since Hack last played. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

No. Hackenberg sucks out loud on his own. Kizer is surrounded by absolute garbage. If anything, the Jets weapons have proven to be better than originally thought. 

3TDs 9INTs.

That's not great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

And another thing. I know DeShaun Watson is the hot ticket "oh we screwed up" pick. And he has been great.

Houston has the same record we do. So I don't know if he has made an enormous impact

Over the last 5 weeks the Jets have scored 10 TDs. 

Over the last 5 weeks, Watson is responsible for 16 TDs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RESNewYork said:

I thought suck for sam died. Something about holes in his game and he may not declare.

Isn't the flavor now Rosen or Mayfield or Falk?

If you saw Falk play on Friday, you would be begging for Hack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Hack was bad, but Hack wasn't throwing to Kearse/Kerley two of our best WRs this season. Again, not a defense of Hack, but our "weapons" have improved since Hack last played. 

True enough but Hack was bad last season too. I’d like to see him with the law receivers in a real game. Just to put a legitimate end to any griping people are doing for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Over the last 5 weeks the Jets have scored 10 TDs. 

Over the last 5 weeks, Watson is responsible for 16 TDs. 

Great point Carl and we agree :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I understand that. Where has it gotten the Texans?

Not looking for a QB of the future? Not having to worry about the most important position in the league? Being able to draft other important positions next year? 

The Texans have had devastating injuries on defense. The offense in Houston is not the issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Not looking for a QB of the future? Not having to worry about the most important position in the league? Being able to draft other important positions next year? 

The Texans have had devastating injuries on defense. The offense in Houston is not the issue. 

Tell that to Dak Prescott. Give me a couple more years of Watson doing great before I anoint him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Tell that to Dak Prescott. Give me a couple more years of Watson doing great before I anoint him

Can we annoint him a starting QB?  Cause that is more than we have.  You won't accept a QB until he is doing great after his rookie contract expires.  What the **** good is that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Tell that to Dak Prescott. Give me a couple more years of Watson doing great before I anoint him

Dak Prescott in 5 games has 1200 yards passing 11 TDs 4 INTs and a QB rating of 93.1. Not great but certainly something we’d all take as Jets fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Dak Prescott in 5 games has 1200 yards passing 11 TDs 4 INTs and a QB rating of 93.1. Not great but certainly something we’d all take as Jets fans. 

Come on Carl, many like old re-tread loser QB here year after year....last year it was FitzMagic mania everyone grew a beard bought in, this year its McCown Town!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Come on Carl, many like old re-tread loser QB here year after year....last year it was FitzMagic mania everyone grew a beard bought in, this year its McCown Town!!!!!

Not quite the same.  I'll admit to being excited about Fitzpatrick at one point in 2015.  He was playing like a top QB for a few weeks and he was only 32.  I don't know of anyone not named Todd Bowles who is excited by, or even interested in, Josh McCown.  At best he plays 2-3 quarters of decent football per game and nobody is interested in seeing him here again next year.  Frankly he should never have played this season but Petty apparently must have gotten caught in bed with a member of TB's family so here we are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Not quite the same.  I'll admit to being excited about Fitzpatrick at one point in 2015.  He was playing like a top QB for a few weeks and he was only 32.  I don't know of anyone not named Todd Bowles who is excited by, or even interested in, Josh McCown.  At best he plays 2-3 quarters of decent football per game and nobody is interested in seeing him here again next year.  Frankly he should never have played this season but Petty apparently must have gotten caught in bed with a member of TB's family so here we are.

Come on we all know the outcome with Josh McCown look at his history he has way more losses than wins....Enough of this bullsh*t. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Disagree this team is still garbage.  Marqise Lee learns how to catch we lose the Jacksonville game and Kizer doesn't have a couple bad TO's in jet territory we are 1-5

So if we’re garbage, what exactly do you think Darnold is going to do here? Lead garbage to a Super Bowl? You think Darnold is a “We Win” button?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Dak Prescott in 5 games has 1200 yards passing 11 TDs 4 INTs and a QB rating of 93.1. Not great but certainly something we’d all take as Jets fans. 

You forgot an all world line and one of the best WR's and RB's in the NFL.

You also forgot the part where they've got a worse record than the Jets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

And another thing. I know DeShaun Watson is the hot ticket "oh we screwed up" pick. And he has been great.

Houston has the same record we do. So I don't know if he has made an enormous impact

And Houston have had a very similar schedule to us. We're 3-3 because of our "cream puff" schedule; Houston are 3-3 because of Watson. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

You can't say that they were not given the opportunity in training camp. McCown barely played. 

i'm just a fan so i don't know what goes on in training camp or what the coaches want to see.  based on what i saw in pre season, hack is capable of making some nice throws.  the key is for him to stay upright.  petty can too but seems to be a little fragile.  in both cases they were playing behind a less than stellar oline.  if either of them get the pass protection mccown has been seeing the past two games they might be able to open things up.  hack is a big kid and can probably get some good yardage if he had to run.

but right now, mccown has been playing pretty well.  a 70% completion rate and decent command of the game and ball protection is all the jets could want from him.  the ints aren't good and a reason why he hasn't caught on.   i suspect we'll see hack or petty after the break unless they're 7-3 or 6-4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

The 3 game flukey win streak was nice and I wanted to beat the pats like everyone else yesterday but long-term we need to be tanking this season.  This is not a good football team

No. Get over it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now




×