JETS FIRE OC JOHN MORTON (MERGED)

JetFreak89

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

because he is bowle's mentor. doesnt want to be a head coach but maybe help his buddy develop a young qb for 2 years. my guess is it prob wont happen but he has shown to be a great qb developer with big ben, luck, and making palmer a decent qb in his older years. prolly be hailey tho

He left because he was having health issues. Yes , he'll take the Jets OC job since its so low stress. 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Really, so you have yourself covered.  A HC should know what the guy he hired, one with no track history, who never said he wasn't interested in going to Vegas, should have known.  Lol.  

Hiring and firing the OC after one year shows incompetence from the hiring HC...are you asking if I think that sounds about right? Yes. My answer is yes. Add to that the previous hire only lasting two years before retiring. Even more so? yes. 

It shows no plan towards building a sustainable, well run organization. It shows ineptitude. Yes again

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

I'll repeat it real sloooooooow for you. The offense has to learn a new playbook once again, no continuity which was why everyone wanted Todd coming back.  Even if they promote the QB coach Bates the offense will change yet again. 

Don't give me the real slow routine.  But I'll ask slowly. Who are all the 4 year vets you said would be learning their 3rd offense?  Those same brain dead players who had no issues learning a WCO after Chan's O.

Who's the OC and what kind of offense will they have to learn? 

Sorry that you didn't seem to get these 2 questions.  

Just now, HessStation said:

Hiring and firing the OC after one year shows incompetence from the hiring HC...are you asking if I think that sounds about right? Yes. My answer is yes. Add to that the previous hire only lasting two years before retiring. Even more so? yes. 

It shows no plan towards building a sustainable, well run organization. It shows ineptitude. Yes again

It’s so wierd that Morton is being made the scapegoat while dumb and dumber Bowles & Macagnan get 2-year extensions

#acceptingmediocrity

27 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Bowles felt Morton was too pass-reliant, a sentiment echoed in the locker room. Several players were unhappy with his play calling throughout the season, ESPN reported on Jan. 1. He "thinks we're the New Orleans Saints, playing in a dome," one player said, alluding to Morton's previous team.

Members of the coaching staff also clashed with Morton, sources said. They expressed concern about his ability to design and execute a consistent running game.

The breaking point may have been the Week 12 loss to the Carolina Panthers, when the Jets failed to score a touchdown after three incomplete passes in a row from the 1-yard line. Bowles was furious with the play calling, sources said.

So basically Forte got Morton fired.

I mean can't Bowles overrule Morton?  Duh!

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Don't give me the real slow routine.  But I'll ask slowly. Who are all the 4 year vets you said would be learning their 3rd offense?  Those same brain dead players who had no issues learning a WCO after Chan's O.

Who's the OC and what kind of offense will they have to learn? 

Sorry that you didn't seem to get these 2 questions.  

Get it through your thick skull, all the progress our young offensive players made last year will be nullified by having to learn a new playbook. This has nothing to do with your 4 year vets.  The jets could run over your dog and your response would be , that's ok Jets I still have a cat.  

Just now, SenorGato said:

Someone should necro board posts on Schottenheiner during ‘06. Saaaaame thing with Morton, unproductive offense getting praised for being less terrible than expected. 

I'm not seeing where Morton is being praised, so much as I'm seeing a lot of people frustrated with the audacity of allowing Bowles to cycle through OCs in this capacity. Maybe I'm not reading all the replies though.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Not exactly.  Bowles said he wanted to get into the locker room without another mistake.  Moron admitted he stopped calling passes at the end of the game because he gave up. Was not a good admission

I understand that. Morton gave up end of a 23-0 score end of game that was obviously over. Bowles gave up, afraid, or just had no confidence in his team while it was still a game. I understand playing smart before the half if the game is close, or you are up. But being down 13-0, in a yr where you are already out of realistic playoff contention, there is no reason not to show some balls and let your players play, or try to get back into the game. 

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

Get it through your thick skull, all the progress our young offensive players made last year will be nullified by having to learn a new playbook. This has nothing to do with your 4 year vets.  The jets could run over your dog and your response would be , that's ok Jets I still have a cat.  

Or maybe we could finally see our young players actually play? 

Just now, Matthew007b said:

maybe Bates is the hire.. would keep the playbook the same if Josh and Hack come back.. (huge *if*) but that would make sense..

**** **** **** the idea of mccown coming back... that happens and i'd fire everyone in the damn building

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

Someone should necro board posts on Schottenheiner during ‘06. Saaaaame thing with Morton, unproductive offense getting praised for being less terrible than expected. 

Morton overachieved with a below mediocre offensive roster.  Schitty underachiever with the league’s best O-line and Braylon, Santinio, TJ, Shonn Greene and Keller all in their primes

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm not seeing where Morton is being praised, so much as I'm seeing a lot of people frustrated with the audacity of allowing Bowles to cycle through OCs in this capacity. Maybe I'm not reading all the replies though.

In reality what's the damn difference? We have no QB. And until we do all OC's will look meh. Morton was alright, nothing to go stir crazy over. He wasn't a scapegoat for a bad season, it was just a personality clash. 

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Yeah, you’re definitely not reading all the posts. 

I have zero problems not committing to unproductive OCs. Gailey earned a second year on merit then was dismissed when he could not do it again, that makes sense to me. Morton’s offense did not perform either so deuces to him too. This is good! They’re aggressive about getting results on offense and moving on quickly from what doesn’t work! Keep doing it and this offseason might take this team somewhere good. 

2 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Not shocked they fired the wrong coach. 

This is all about Bowles wanting a run first OC.  He is just like Rex, more worried about the OC doing what they can to help the defense.  

Cant wait till he is gone. 

Crappy head coaches always fire the coordinator to save themselves. Entire time Bowles has been here, even with Fitz's career season, this has been a run heavy offense. That's Bowles' influence. Not sure how you sell this job to Haley, or may be Bates is getting promoted or Arians is going to be here. Either way the offense has mostly sucked spare first 15 games or so of 2015 under Bowles. Don't expect much to change without a real QB and no good OL guys. Safeties, man!

Haley or Defillipo only take this job if they get some idea they can get the HC job WHEN Bowles gets canned next January. And make no mistake, they jets have again set themselves up to waste a season by delaying the inevitable. 

Archived