JETS FIRE OC JOHN MORTON (MERGED)

JetFreak89

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morton was a breath of fresh air. It was finally refreshing and enjoyable to watch the Jets offense for once. Actually converting a 3rd down! 

So of course, get rid of him 

and, replace him with the "respected " qb Coach? Yes our young qb 's have made so much progress so that makes sense 

25 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I just fukkin want to nuke our front office.  Can we be anymore disfunctional???

he Amy have been the best OC we’ve had in a generation. 

Let's pray that Kim Jong Un releases us from this never ending misery.

23 minutes ago, Matthew007b said:

wow.. they must have someone already signed or planned to sign because I thought Morton did a good job with the pieces he had.  Watch, they'll hire some college coach... 

Im sure the Jets have a plan. They're playing 5 dimensional chess over at Florham Park.

Shouldn't hurt Morton's career. I think anyone in the know in the NFL can see it for what it is. No quality players , poor Oline. His offense was passable and better than Chan's. If we get a better OC and Morton can continue somewhere else perhaps it works for everyone.

42 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You mean todd bowes fan boys?

42 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Maybe he expected players to show up to meetings, be on time and play hard?

Sure.  And maybe one day you'll be right instead of just bashing Bowles, or the players on offense and defense.  

First, if the other coaches and players didn’t like Morton personally, who gives a crap!!

Second, if this is really true, just wait until Todd Haley gets here.

Also, DeFilippo is interviewing for HC positions.  I truly find it laughable that even if he misses out on those jobs that better OC opportunities would come up over what the Jets currently have on their roster or could potentially add.

And those clamoring for Bates, there is probably a pretty good reason he is only been an OC and called plays for 1 year in the NFL before Pete Carroll fired him.

The Jets are dumb.  But at least we only have one more year of this bull before we hire NFL consultants / professional head hunters to find our next GM/HC.

6 minutes ago, The Walrus said:

Shouldn't hurt Morton's career. I think anyone in the know in the NFL can see it for what it is. No quality players , poor Oline. His offense was passable and better than Chan's. If we get a better OC and Morton can continue somewhere else perhaps it works for everyone.

He went from a WR coach to a mediocre OC for a bottom tier franchise. Glorified Sanjay Lal 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Are you kidding?  The guy had virtually nothing to work with and we have put almost no resources into the offense the last 10 years and he got a jag Qb to be the team mvp.  He was darn right heroic.

Amazing that people still believe this myth...

for the 1000th time it was the other way around.  McCown made Morton look good.  Morton basically admitted as much in a number of press conferences.

Archived