The "I know we will Draft _____ because ______ " Thread

jetstream23

So I slipped in the garage and fell on my ass over the weekend.  It really hurt, both physically and because of the instantaneous reminder of the butt fumble.  As I stood up and looked at the garage floor I realized I had slipped on an Allen wrench.  It's a sign from above and now I know we will draft Josh Allen because I slipped on an Allen wrench.  I also fear god is telling me Allen will be worse than Mark Sanchez and may run into asses at the line of scrimmage.

Anyway, no further need to speculate, to read expert evaluations, or to dig for Wonderlic scores....I was already shown who we will draft.

(....Still 5 weeks until the Draft) 

23 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Anyway, no further need to speculate, to read expert evaluations, or to dig for Wonderlic scores....I was already shown who we will draft.

(....Still 5 weeks until the Draft) 

Hey buddy, I had a dream a few nights back where we traded up to draft Rosen, who's instincts are correct?! WE SHALL SEE!

I know we will draft Josh Allen because he is the 1 player I do not want us to draft at QB. This team has a history of not taking the QB's I want, and taking the guys on my stay the "F" away from. I also posted in the draft forum that I had a "NIGTMARE" that we traded up to draft Josh Allen with Rosen still on the board, so..... the trade up has happened, lets hope the rest doesn't/.

23 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

So I slipped in the garage and fell on my ass over the weekend.  It really hurt, both physically and because of the instantaneous reminder of the butt fumble.  As I stood up and looked at the garage floor I realized I had slipped on an Allen wrench.  It's a sign from above and now I know we will draft Josh Allen because I slipped on an Allen wrench.  I also fear god is telling me he will be worse than Mark Sanchez and may run into asses at the line of scrimmage.

But I heard you scream "DARNit!!!!" as a bakery box flew out of your hands. 

8 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I know the Jets are probably going to take 2 QBs in this draft because the depth is off the chain .

What if we traded all of our 2019 and 2020 Draft picks just so that we could draft two Josh's (Rosen and Allen) to go along with McCown?  We could corner the market on Josh's!!!

30 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I walked into the bakery this morning to get a buttered roll and usual girl was busy helping someone else so the baker came out and helped me its a sign we are drafting Baker Mayfield. :rolleyes:

I'm starting to lean toward Baker myself.  Even after everything I've stated here I'm starting to see signs he could be the guy.

My wife just texted me and asked if there was something wrong with our toaster in the kitchen.  I didn't know what the hell she was talking about.  Apparently, she got up and was out the door to work before I was today and had made some toast for breakfast that came out of the toaster looking funny.  She left it on the counter for me and I just checked it out. :o

yo6kn2_BG1s0VevtJ3Sv5Q_r.jpg

:o

I know we will draft Saquan Barkley because Mike Florio said so>:o

Assuming for now that the Jets flip-flopped with the Colts to get a quarterback, the Jets necessarily feel strongly enough about at least three rookie quarterbacks as of right now to justify making any of them potentially the team’s first true franchise quarterback since Joe Namath. It’s one thing to fall in love with one, maybe two. But to feel strongly enough about three different options that they’d give up three second-round picks now to get in position to pick one of them (possibly, the guy they’d put at No. 3 on the list) seems odd, to say the least.

That’s one of the reasons why it makes sense to ponder the question of whether the Jets moved to No. 3 in order to get running back Saquon Barkley. A lifelong Jets fan whose father has a Jets tattoo, Barkley arguably is the best plug-and-play option at the top of the draft. With a win-now vibe in New York, Barkley will be more relevant to that goal than a quarterback who’ll be stuck on the shelf behind Josh McCown and maybe Teddy Bridgewater.

More reasons not to read PFT!

I will be happy with ANY of the 4 QB's, but the years of frustration and letdown rooting for this team has me convinced that whoever the Jets take will be a big fat bust and far and away the worst QB drafted in the 1st round. 

That being said, I'm trying real hard to convince myself otherwise and, of, course, will successfully do so over the next 5 weeks, making the heartbreak all the more terrible when our rookie QB is a has been before his rookie year is over.  :cool:

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

I need to reconcile this premonition with @Sonny Werblin though as he told us that because Bates hiked from Mexico to Canada over the Rockies the Jets might take Mayfield over Allen.  Something about mind over matter? :D 

It's really very simple.

One does not walk from Mexico to Canada over the Rockies without a rockstar-like belief in oneself. It is likely that Bates has some normal friends, who would logically think you should not, or could not, walk from Mexico to Canada. i.e. people who doubted him. Bates proved the doubters wrong.

Baker Reagan Mayfield has a rock-star like belief in himself. His friends likely thought he should not, or could not, walk on to two Power 5 D1 football teams and win the starting QB job. i.e. people who doubted him. BRM proved the doubters wrong. 

Josh Allen does not have a rockstar-like belief in himself. His friends thought he should not, or could not, walk on to a power 5 D1 program and make the team. i.e. people who doubted him. Josh Allen agreed with the doubters. And now, the same people who created Kyle Boller , Jamarcus Russel and even Browning Nagle have a rockstar-like belief in Josh Allen. Josh Allen, unfortunately, deep down, and right there near the surface, does not share their belief.

BRM is Bates' kindred spirit. JA is not.  

Archived