Jetsbb

Poll Darnold vs Mayfield

Rate this topic

Darnold vs Mayfield  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want?

• Baker Mayfield
    • Sam Darnold

This is the only question come draft night. If Darnold doesn't fall Jets are taking Mayfield if he does it looks like Jets would take Darnold. But what do you want? Mayfield was the more accurate and better player in college. Darnold was very turnover prone and sloppy yet evaluators seem to love him. 

Personally, I would take Mayfield. I think the Jets would take Darnold.

The top 2 QBs in the draft, so either one would be a great pick at 3.

I prefer Baker and I think Darnold is a bad fit because he will need a lot more coaching and development. His ceiling is higher than Mayfiels.

That said I just have this gut feeling that a few things happen.

1. Cleveland selects Allen

2. Giants take Barkley

3. The rumors are true and Darnold is higher on Jets board and we take him.

I’d prefer Mayfield. Darnold was consistently disappointing last season, he gets by on athleticism and arm talent. He could be great but Mayfield and Rosen are ready to play tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Jetsbb said:

Why? Just bec of his height?

I think it is hand size more than anything.  9 1/4 inches is probably worse compared to the elite QBs than his height.  

I love the player just not sure how he’ll handle the adversity of an unfriendly media during a losing streak.  I would still take him over Allen.

But Darnold is only 20 and just starting tapping into his potential.  If he learns how to stop fumbling, he’ll develop into an elite QB.  Daniel Jeremiah has Darnold rated higher than Carson Wentz two years ago.

Darnold screams bust to me, especially on the Jets or Browns. He’s third on my list behind Rosen and Mayfield. 

I think Darnold would be successful (or have the best chance of it) with the Giants, where he could sit for a year or two and learn behind competent coaching and a HOFer in Eli. 

7 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

LOL

This Mayfield sh*t with some of you guys has gotten completely out of control. I won’t be pissed if we end up with him, but Jesus Christ...

Darnold by a mile 

This

7 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Darnold screams bust to me, especially on the Jets or Browns. He’s third on my list behind Rosen and Mayfield. 

I think Darnold would be successful (or have the best chance of it) with the Giants, where he could sit for a year or two and learn behind competent coaching and a HOFer in Eli. 

exactly

7 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

LOL

This Mayfield sh*t with some of you guys has gotten completely out of control. I won’t be pissed if we end up with him, but Jesus Christ...

Darnold by a mile 

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

This

Cows on Ice