What do you think of Allen going to the Bills?

freestater

I didn't want Allen. Despite his size and arm, I just didn't trust his accuracy issues as they usually don't improve tremendously. When Goodell said Josh- after the Bills trade, I was terrified. I couldn't believe it when -Allen followed. 

Elated. I think that him landing in Buff is going to be a dumpster fire. Just wish they had to surrender another 1st to move up. 

So, I'm curious...what are your thoughts about that pick? Especially interested in hearing from the Allen fans out there...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's perfect and makes for a great, fun rivalry for years. You actually hope Allen is good for the sake of that. Good but not as good as Darnold. 

Plus, these guys became super close and trained together with Palmer during this whole process. Awesome stuff!!! ....as long as Darnold becomes the better QB lol

Elated. Overjoyed. My biggest fear was investing our future in a QB who should be a third rounder at best. He is the white Jamarcus Russell.

Buffalo giving up tons of draft assets, trading up TWICE to acquire a project on an already aging team is quintessential Bills. And Rosen was right f*cking there for them! I’d be on suicide watch if I rooted for BUF.

I am often wowed by his sheer arm talent, but I didn't want him.  Buffalo may be a good fit, with a strong running game complemented by a deep passing game.

He could beat out McCarron fairly quickly. But he has a long way to go to be a consistent NFL QB.  If he plays this year, he will throw some incredible TDs....and a far greater number of ridiculously horrific passes.

1 minute ago, PS17 said:

Elated. Overjoyed. My biggest fear was investing our future in a QB who should be a third rounder at best. He is the white Jamarcus Russell.

Buffalo giving up tons of draft assets to acquire a project on an already aging team is just quintessential Bills. And Rosen was right f*cking there for them! I’d be on suicide watch if I rooted for BUF.

I was sooo afraid of Macc picking him. Of all the 1st round Qb's, he's the one I'm glad landed in our division.

3 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Buffalo giving up tons of draft assets, trading up TWICE to acquire a project on an already aging team is quintessential Bills. And Rosen was right f*cking there for them! I’d be on suicide watch if I rooted for BUF.

This about sums it up

Allen has a ton of upside but he is going to have an uphill battle in the nfl. I don't think this will be the bills season they are running out of playmakers and the ones they have left are getting old. I wish Allen the best even though he plays for our rivals but I would expect the bills will have a high pick next season

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

If it works out and he’s good enough to beat the Dolphins and the Pats but not as good as Darnold so we win the division and the Pat/Fin fans are laying in a ball in the dark rocking back and forth sucking their thumbs crying like forgotten babies I’ll be ******* ecstatic. 

9 minutes ago, freestater said:

I didn't want Allen. Despite his size and arm, I just didn't trust his accuracy issues as they usually don't improve tremendously. When Goodell said Josh- after the Bills trade, I was terrified. I couldn't believe it when -Allen followed. 

Elated. I think that him landing in Buff is going to be a dumpster fire. Just wish they had to surrender another 1st to move up. 

So, I'm curious...what are your thoughts about that pick? Especially interested in hearing from the Allen fans out there...

10 minutes ago, freestater said:

When I found out the Bills traded up  I was actually happy for him. Everyone was saying he would slip then it registered that it was the Bill's who we'll play twice every season. Then you add in that he would have been there had we stay at 6 and we would have been able to keep 3 of our premium 2nd round picks. Then right there had me a little livid.

All those flippantly saying they are elated better hope this kid doesn't become another BigBen or Wentz.

I remember after the 83 draft many laughed at the Fins and the Marino pick while worrying about Tony Eason.

I would have preferred Allen went to the NFC like Rosen. I'm glad the Jets got Darnold but nowhere near giddy that the Bills got Allen.

I think it's perfect and makes for a great, fun rivalry for years. You actually hope Allen is good for the sake of that. Good but not as good as Darnold. 

Plus, these guys became super close and trained together with Palmer during this whole process. Awesome stuff!!! ....as long as Darnold becomes the better QB lol

I expect Allen to be the next Kyle Boller, or someone of that ilk.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I am often wowed by his sheer arm talent, but I didn't want him.  Buffalo may be a good fit, with a strong running game complemented by a deep passing game.
He could beat out McCarron fairly quickly. But he has a long way to go to be a consistent NFL QB.  If he plays this year, he will throw some incredible TDs....and a far greater number of ridiculously horrific passes.

Because he has such a strong arm people forget how terrible his deep accuracy is, in particular. This pick has disaster written all over it.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Not only did someone who I think will struggle in the NFL go to our division rival, Miami chose to not step up one spot and pick Josh Rosen.

Anything can happen, and no one knows how Darnold will turn out, but I think every jet fan should be thrilled with how the draft fell, how little Mac ultimately paid to get a QB like Darnold, and how bright out future could be, given his age and overall ability.

26 minutes ago, freestater said:

Just now, BCJet said:

Not only did someone who I think will struggle in the NFL go to our division rival, Miami chose to not step up one spot and pick Josh Rosen.

Anything can happen, and no one knows how Darnold will turn out, but I think every jet fan should be thrilled with how the draft fell, how little Mac ultimately paid to get a QB like Darnold, and how bright out future could be, given his age and overall ability.

We paid a premium, only thing that made it acceptable was we did it for a QB. But indeed we paid a premium. 

Buffalo just seems like an awful spot for a "developmental" player. They jettisoned some weapons, their o-line took a big hit this off-season, and their oc is Brian Daboll. 

The bills faithful will be contrasting this team to the Tyrod led one who ended their playoff drought. You think jets rookies are under a microscope? What else does buffalo have to do but over analyze their new qb. Just don't think it's a good situation 

4 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

We paid a premium, only thing that made it acceptable was we did it for a QB. But indeed we paid a premium. 

Do you have any idea what the Colts would have gotten for that pick had they waited until draft day and Darnold was available? 

They made that deal when the entire league was essentially debating between mayfield and rosen because the consensus was Darnold was going 1.

Mac made a great trade at the time and even better in hindsight.

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I was kinda sorta hoping every AFC EaST TEAM WOULD GET A NEW qb, CREATING FUN, INTERESTING RIVALRIES THE NEXT FEW YEARS.

Yeah. But we get Darnold vs Allen, and Baker vs Lamar twice a year. 

We also get to watch Rosen attempt to survive the Rams...so that’s cool.

1 minute ago, BCJet said:

Do you have any idea what the Colts would have gotten for that pick had they waited until draft day and Darnold was available? 

They made that deal when the entire league was essentially debating between mayfield and rosen because the consensus was Darnold was going 1.

Right? Got away cheap on that trade

1 minute ago, Greenseed4 said:

Yeah. But we get Darnold vs Allen, and Baker vs Lamar twice a year. 

We also get to watch Rosen attempt to survive the Rams...so that’s cool.

Wow. Those are going to be good. Hadn't thought of baker/Lamar 

8 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Do I know? Not at all but it seems like they were comfortable taking three 2nd rounders from us. 

Cool but can we agree the move wasn't cheap which what I was originally responding to?

Just now, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Do I know? Not at all but it seems like they were comfortable taking three 2nd rounders from us. 

Cool but can we agree the move wasn't cheap which what I was originally responding to?

The move was kind of a bargain when you consider who was available.

Archived