This Board Will Explode If

PCP63

The guy who makes a ton of progress and starts is the young Christian Hackenberg. I was delighted with the Darnold pick, but I still think Hack can be one hell of a player. 

You fix his footwork, and raise his confidence, and we have two potential FQBs. Not even including a healthy Bridgewater. 

The Hack Attack will be back. Don't give up on him just yet. Let's give him a chance first. If Darnold beats him out, fine. But it needs to be an actual open competition. 

40 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

The guy who makes a ton of progress and starts is the young Christian Hackenberg. I was delighted with the Darnold pick, but I still think Hack can be one hell of a player. 

You fix his footwork, and raise his confidence, and we have two potential FQBs. Not even including a healthy Bridgewater. 

The Hack Attack will be back. Don't give up on him just yet. Let's give him a chance first. If Darnold beats him out, fine. But it needs to be an actual open competition. 

D4114E30-8A24-4A78-8407-729E66233360.gif

1 hour ago, PCP63 said:

image.png

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Also, never do PCP

I can't even reach the pint I got on the way home. I woke in my car cause I won't sleep in a room with 4 dudes and 2 tiny beds(Edit: Was at a wedding), just rather sleep in my car cause I'm more comfortable, got dragged to the drunk tank and released in NJ today. I paid for a room and was entitled to that parking lot, but in the officers defense I didn't know where I was at the moment I got confronted and I'm an a$$hole. Point of the story is I just opened this website as the first thing to do upon getting home and this was the top thread. I was better off earlier

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

If bridgewater is healthy hac will be traded for a 6th round pick

Not sure how everyone keeps looking past him tbh

3 minutes ago, GATA said:

Not sure how everyone keeps looking past him tbh

Assume you mean bridgewater not hac ? Lol. I think he was signed as insurance Incase mac didn’t get to draft darnold or mayfield. I’m honestly shocked he didn’t sign with a team who did not have 2 qbs blocking his path to play.

Darnold is the man period, but I'm all for Bridgewater being healthy and Hackenberg
becoming a player.  It gives us two chips to trade for draft picks but don't be
delusional, Hackenberg will never start for this team

5 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

No one would give up a 6th round pick for Hack.

6th rounders have very little value. But Mac doesn’t want to look like a idiot for only getting a 6th or 7th rounder for his former 2nd rounder. High second that is. I’m going to be pissed if we cut bridgewater to keep hackenberg 

In my mind the Jets are hopeful that Hack will turn into a serviceable backup. Plan for this year, get Sam ready to start. McCown starts if necessary, and then backs up and coaches Sam. The wildcard is Teddy. If he is healthy, and maybe start, he will earn us a draft pick or two next year if a playoff bound team looses their starter.

If the long shot impresses enough, maybe Hack doesn't even make the practice squad - but that is unlikely.

46 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

It’s pretty easy. He hasn’t done anything in two years and the team just traded away three 2nd round picks to draft another QB. 

Because he was injured, he’s cleared now. And healthy he is better than Hack

53 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Assume you mean bridgewater not hac ? Lol. I think he was signed as insurance Incase mac didn’t get to draft darnold, (Rosen), or mayfield. I’m honestly shocked he didn’t sign with a team who did not have 2 Qbs blocking his path to play.

I ? agree & I think he’s a valuable player. My only reasoning with him coming to the Jets is because McCown is old and the other qbs were meh plus the NY platform. 

Right now I’m sure he doesn’t like the scenario but I hope he gets to show off his talent and maybe show Darnold some tricks 

If Hack actually played well that would only lead to good things for the franchise. We could keep him around and let him be a backup or we could trade him. It wouldn't make up for the reach but at least we'd get something back for it.

As is, I doubt any of that happens. Any predictions that lean this way are optimistic at best.

3 hours ago, PCP63 said:

Dude, I agree.  I could easily see the problem being this clueless CS.

Darnold really shouldn't play in preseason games unless it's the starting oline in front of him , and the only way to trust hack is to see him operate against starting defenses 

Is it worth stealing reps from Darnold to guage Hackenberg? 

No. 

If he winds up on the practice squad fine. 

If teddy's knee is shot I think the Jets should stick with only 2 QBs on the roster. 

Hackenberg just isn't worth a roster spot 

2016, the NFL adopted a modification to the practice squad rules that allows up to four players per practice squad to have two accrued seasons, making it easier for teams to have experienced players on their practice squad. In the previous agreement, only two players with two accrued seasons were allowed to be on a practice squad.

I guess this is accurate. 

Unless he just kills the pre-season cut him and stash him 

We should all hope that the Hackenberg light goes on & he looks tremendous in preseason. He's still young as sh*t, and if he could prove to be a decent backup QB we'd be sitting pretty. There's always a team in this league that believes they can fix a QB. Unfortunately, I think this Bridgewater experiment is a shot in the dark because of his shredded knee. I hope I'm wrong, seems like a great kid (maybe his next career is Sam Darnolds QB coach?). 

Archived