Why can't we be more like the Pats??

JoJoTownsell1

13 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

1m

Patriots WR Julian Edelman is facing a four-game suspension for violating the NFL’s performance enhancing substances policy, league sources tell @FieldYates and me. Suspension is under appeal.

you want the Jets to cheat? 

13 minutes ago, prime21 said:

This has been there worst off season in the Brady era but when things look bad for them they always pull through.  Watch them challenge for the top seed again.  SMH

Good Lord of course they will. I'm anxious to see what happens once Cindy retires. 

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

This is Bill Bellichick not instilling discipline in his players. Doesn't he tell them that this will harm the team?

Totally soft.

no, this is that Pats continuing the tradition of cheating. Has nothing to do with discipline.  The Pats think cheating is OK as long as you can get away with it.  This time the Patriot got caught.  Pats have a strange reward/risk value system going.

I always said this little rat was JUICING! 

BREAKING NEWS ALERT

Patriots receiver Julian Edelman could be suspended for four games for violating the NFL’s performance-enhancing substances policy, ESPN reported Thursday.

To read the full story, visit: www.BostonGlobe.com.

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

guy is 32 missed the entire year and his career is nearly over.  it was worth the risk for him.

My suspicion is that is a sub-specialty of Guererro.  And that is one of the chief contributors to Brady being so good at 40.

1 minute ago, Bruce Harper said:

My suspicion is that is a sub-specialty of Guererro.  And that is one of the chief contributors to Brady being so good at 40.

wouldn't it be interesting if that's why BB has been so against Brady using him all this time and wanting him away from the team. 

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

1m

Patriots WR Julian Edelman is facing a four-game suspension for violating the NFL’s performance enhancing substances policy, league sources tell @FieldYates and me. Suspension is under appeal.

The NFL has protect Kraft for ages now. One is left to wonder how many rings they would truly have without the cheating. 

2 hours ago, prime21 said:

This has been there worst off season in the Brady era but when things look bad for them they always pull through.  Watch them challenge for the top seed again.  SMH

To be honest one of the reasons for their success is that the other 3 teams in the AFC East have been kinda sucky. That said I think this is the year they fall. I get the impression they are not all into climbing the mountain to the SB again.

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

no, this is that Pats continuing the tradition of cheating. Has nothing to do with discipline.  The Pats think cheating is OK as long as you can get away with it.  This time the Patriot got caught.  Pats have a strange reward/risk value system going.

This is the cliff notes definition of the "Patriot Way"

This type of thing can and does happen in professional sports all the time. It could be any team that has athletes looking for that extra edge. Not to mention that their performance may dictate their next contact length and salary. When I look at the NFL athletes when I collected football cards compared to today’s players, they are much bigger, faster and stronger. Is it just genetics, training and nutrition? Maybe... maybe not. These guys get pounded in ways I can’t imagine. Some hits would put most of us in the hospital for days and these guys get right up and play. Injury and recovery is amazing today. Their careers and future monies are on the line. I’m not sure if I was in their shoes that I might look for that extra edge to propel me to greatness. I powerlifted for many years and I knew guys who juiced and could beat the testing. I don’t really know what goes on in the NFL today. There was a Dr. who wrote an article a few years back who was an expert on steroids and growth (HGH) and he said their were so many holes in NFL drug testing that it was like driving an M1 Abrams tank between the goal posts at night blind folded and still be able to pass the drug testing in the NFL. Just saying.

2 hours ago, NJ said:

We've waited so long I'd just as soon we have integrity too -  the next time we have a championship team. Whenever that might be. 

Pats fans will accuse us of hacking the anti grav boots or installing a virus into the drone kick blocker when we finally hoist the RoboSuper Trophy after the 2450 championship held on Ganymede.

20 minutes ago, jgb said:

Pats fans will accuse us of hacking the anti grav boots or installing a virus into the drone kick blocker when we finally hoist the RoboSuper Trophy after the 2450 championship held on Ganymede.

No doubt dude .. hopefully within a few years we can just laugh in their pitiful, delusional faces like we used to be able to do when they're back to being horsesh!t. 

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Is that next to the west side stadium. 

5 hours ago, MaxAF said:

This type of thing can and does happen in professional sports all the time. It could be any team that has athletes looking for that extra edge. Not to mention that their performance may dictate their next contact length and salary. When I look at the NFL athletes when I collected football cards compared to today’s players, they are much bigger, faster and stronger. Is it just genetics, training and nutrition? Maybe... maybe not. These guys get pounded in ways I can’t imagine. Some hits would put most of us in the hospital for days and these guys get right up and play. Injury and recovery is amazing today. Their careers and future monies are on the line. I’m not sure if I was in their shoes that I might look for that extra edge to propel me to greatness. I powerlifted for many years and I knew guys who juiced and could beat the testing. I don’t really know what goes on in the NFL today. There was a Dr. who wrote an article a few years back who was an expert on steroids and growth (HGH) and he said their were so many holes in NFL drug testing that it was like driving an M1 Abrams tank between the goal posts at night blind folded and still be able to pass the drug testing in the NFL. Just saying.

This reminds me...I still have Mark Mcgwire's rookie baseball card. He was a big kid back then, but if you compare that to the year he broke the single season HR record, the difference is cartoonish. Yet the record still belongs to him. Just throwing that out there

9 hours ago, Dcat said:

He wasn't disciplined enough to avoid getting caught. 

He didn't follow the TB12 method. Probably went with his own dealer.

8 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

He wasn't disciplined enough to avoid getting caught. 

He didn't follow the TB12 method. Probably went with his own dealer.

I fail to see the connection in comparing cheating players with players who endanger themselves and innocent motorists by getting behind the wheel under the influence.  This whole thread is idiotic from the very first post with its implicit attempt to equate the two, thus it warrants idiotic responses.  

Archived