Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean I thought the NY Titans throwbacks were putrid. I'd be honestly furious if we went that direction.

But yeah, I think green and white are strongly associated with the team in a way that it would do damage to change that, and I don't think they will. The strongest I could see them going would be to add black or silver to the uniform to spice it up -- I'd be very surprised if they went with another strong primary color.

Man, I hope not, those unis just didnt connect to me because as you say, we're green and white.  Those are our colors.  

I think we could add some form of trim to the green and white just as embellishment, not as a primary color change.

Wasnt pushing for a change to the Titan look, but do think those colors, like the whites, could be used in a sharp uni.  Just wouldnt be the jets IMO.  We're primarily green, whether some like it or not.

And we all know that some will love whatever they release and some will call them putrid 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Maybe they’re just getting new uniforms without changing the design. Like the way I buy the same brand/type of socks again because the old ones are worn out or the dryer has made enough of them disappear.

I can see them changing a good thing just for the revenue it would produce. Would be hard to improve on the classic one.  Hopefully the new ones get lost in the dryer like socks often do. 

• Post of the Week 1

I see a lot of discussion here...isn’t it just going to be the uniforms Adams and Lee posted? They’re not fantastic but they are simple and clean - could be a lot worse. 

Curious what they do for alternates, a grey base could be ok if executed properly but I would be surprised if that works. I’d hope for a throwback in the current green made to look like some older set of uniforms so it’s not just lazily bringing the current ones forward.

5 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

I can't disagree more with this order [in joewilly's post]. This guy has zero design taste or skill in identifying what works and what doesn't. Shockingly bad attempt and putting the teams in order based on overall design.

The writer definitely likes the more historical/traditional unis.

18 hours ago, LWC611 said:

I know I am going to be killed for this, but I actually like the Titans uniforms.  If they went back to that color combination I would not be upset...

I agree I like them as well. The uniforms are already created but will be many months before we see them. Going back to the Titans color scheme would be ultra bold. I could seem them adding in the and gold into a mostly white and green uniform. Some of this board would lose their mind. I am not in the camp that thinks it is somehow an awesome uniform or the best in the NFL. I think it is exceedingly dull.

24 minutes ago, TNJet said:

How bout the old 80s jets logo inside the green oval on a white helmet. Double stipes down the center like we have now? ? That way its a mixture of both. And still seems like our jets of old. 

Personally love what we have now, but I could live with this. 

On 7/29/2018 at 6:09 PM, Augustiniak said:

So why get a darnold Jersey this year when you can get a different jersey with a different qb.

Because this years New Jersey becomes next years throwback, and throwbacks are usually pretty expensive. Get in on the ground floor and corner the market!

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

How bout the old 80s jets logo inside the green oval on a white helmet. Double stipes down the center like we have now? ? That way its a mixture of both. And still seems like our jets of old. 

I was thinking the same thing, so I mocked the below. EDIT - not the oval. I wanted to go back to the football shape from the 60's. Also, the kelly-ish green which appears to be a near consensus favorite.

This idea has been thought of before.

Other takes on this include this one:  http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/95410-oldschoolvikings-nfl-concepts-new-patriots-concept-added-73118/?page=20

and this one, but the font doesn't feel right:

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/BostonRedSoxGo/media/cGF0aDovSmV0cyBoZWxtZXQgc2lkZSB2aWV3IEtlbGx5IEdyZWVuX3pwc3RtaHFxdW1zLnBuZw==/?ref=

It seems that a lot of the 80s wordmark nostalgia is centered around the jet wing.  This is an interesting reductionist concept:

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/dhuxos/media/cGF0aDovaGQyemRpajMgM196cHMwc2tubWxxYS5wbmc=/?ref

jets_helmet1.jpg

• Post of the Week 1

I was thinking the same thing, so I mocked the below. EDIT - not the oval. I wanted to go back to the football shape from the 60's. Also, the kelly-ish green which appears to be a near consensus favorite.
Other takes on this include this one:  http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/95410-oldschoolvikings-nfl-concepts-new-patriots-concept-added-73118/?page=20
http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/BostonRedSoxGo/media/cGF0aDovSmV0cyBoZWxtZXQgc2lkZSB2aWV3IEtlbGx5IEdyZWVuX3pwc3RtaHFxdW1zLnBuZw==/?ref=
It seems that a lot of the 80s wordmark nostalgia is centered around the jet wing.  This is an interesting reductionist concept:
http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/dhuxos/media/cGF0aDovaGQyemRpajMgM196cHMwc2tubWxxYS5wbmc=/?ref
jets_helmet1.thumb.jpg.e331d7d2fc41f24f62292f34fad6a2ff.jpg
Looks like an airline logo ...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I understand peoples gravitation toward the kelly green but honestly i like our color green, or I would also like to go even darker. 

Genuinely need help. Can anyone identify a good team that has light colors that are good? (obviously whites don't count)

Light colors = soft

49 minutes ago, Be_a_Jet said:

I understand peoples gravitation toward the kelly green but honestly i like our color green, or I would also like to go even darker. 

Genuinely need help. Can anyone identify a good team that has light colors that are good? (obviously whites don't count)

Light colors = soft

Chargers have not sucked in powder blue and they are the best uniforms in football. 

bright green and light blue are majorly different - I would think trying to sell bright green merchandising would be much tougher. It would need to be an accent color if they want to use it. They need to be aware of which colors look dated and which colors do not. Kelly green - that bright green - screams 60s and 70s. Kids would not want the main color of the uniform to look old and dated. They would never use this color as the main color if they are using a professional design firm.

46 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

bright green and light blue are majorly different - I would think trying to sell bright green merchandising would be much tougher. It would need to be an accent color if they want to use it. They need to be aware of which colors look dated and which colors do not. Kelly green - that bright green - screams 60s and 70s. Kids would not want the main color of the uniform to look old and dated. They would never use this color as the main color if they are using a professional design firm.

We'll see. 80s nostalgia and aesthetics are very popular. Everything old is new again.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Greensleeves said:

12 minutes ago, teptep said:

We'll see. 80s nostalgia and aesthetics are very popular. Everything old is new again.

The Kelly Green is fiiiiiiine w/tuday's yutes.

Nigeria WC 2018 Kit says hello:

Nigerian World Cup jersey sells out after a record 3 million people try to pre-order it from Nike

With the 21st FIFA World Cup underway, you can find soccer fans worldwide proudly displaying their country's jerseys — but you'd be hard-pressed to find a team kit as in demand as that of Nigeria's Super Eagles.

Featuring a lime green and white zigzag pattern, the Nike-designed jersey sold out in a matter of minutes as eager fans queued up, ready to spend $90.

Nigerian-Jersey-Most-Anticipated-World-C

and I think they are Heinous!

• Sympathy 1

On 8/5/2018 at 11:35 PM, johnnysd said:

Chargers have not sucked in powder blue and they are the best uniforms in football. 

" Not sucked" is a strong endorsement. They've been a regular disappointment considering their roster over the years. Also disagree with best uniforms in football opinion but whatever I guess thats why we're here. 

Panthers light blue prob best argument 

On 8/4/2018 at 8:54 PM, teptep said:

jets_helmet1.jpg

Love it - classic retro I dig it.. or invert the colors either way it's a nice concept. 

• 4 weeks later...