Josh Norman on Darnold

Lith

25 minutes ago, thshadow said:

For any of you that just read the summary or the sportsdaily blurb - you should really watch the video at the top.  It's actually *more* positive than the writeups can convey...

You are so right!!!!!

As I posted elsewhere..

Norman said on one play Tuesday, he tried to fool Darnold into a throw, playing a little tighter on an underneath route, knowing another receiver was just a little behind him.

"I gave him some cheese," Norman said. "He held it and he was going to throw it and he pulled it back and I jumped back real fast and I was like, you little devil. OK, I see you working really good right now. I couldn't bait him like I wanted to and he saw it and he read it out and he read it out like a vet. You tip your hat to a guy like that, learning at an early age when guys are messing with him and when they're not. It's pretty awesome."

There's that awesome word again and I'm Loving it!!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the whole reverse psychology thing now......   The Jets may start appearing ready, willing and able to trade Teddy because of how Darnold is looking.  In a weird way, that could lower the price teams are willing to pay for Teddy.   Could we get to the point where the Jets actually seem some desperate to trade him?  Desperate is probably the wrong word but I want teams calling the Jets and not the Jets calling other teams offering Teddy.

And when those calls come in I want Maccagnan saying, "Uhhhh.....sorry....Teddy who?  I got a Josh McCown I can give you though."

12 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Here's the whole reverse psychology thing now......   The Jets may start appearing ready, willing and able to trade Teddy because of how Darnold is looking.  In a weird way, that could lower the price teams are willing to pay for Teddy.   Could we get to the point where the Jets actually seem some desperate to trade him?  Desperate is probably the wrong word but I want teams calling the Jets and not the Jets calling other teams offering Teddy.

And when those calls come in I want Maccagnan saying, "Uhhhh.....sorry....Teddy who?  I got a Josh McCown I can give you though."

Just think how QB starved this Jet team has been & for so long. If this scenario was playing out in say..Tampa & it's 2014, Jet fans would be screaming for the GM to do whatever it takes to get Teddy Bridgewater who will only be 26 this year. 

It will be just our luck that this is the only year there are no teams DESPERATE for a QB. The spot that I believe would be the best fit for TB, Tampa! Would you pay crazy Jameis Winston between 25-30 million with a HUGE GUARANTEE? I sure as hell wouldn't. That kind of money = power to tell everyone to go f*ck themselves. 

Would you want a 36 year old (Nov.24th) Fitzy or a 26 year old respected guy like Bridgewater? This TB thing is gonna be wild to see how it plays out. He's a better player than 31 backups right now. 

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I still can't believe the Browns and Giants passed on him. 

Why? Eli will only be 38 in January. In Brady years that's only like 30 but in Eli years its like 46. He'll look like YA Tittle handing off to Barkley next year.

Why? Eli will only be 38 in January. In Brady years that's only like 30 but in Eli years its like 46. He'll look like YA Tittle handing off to Barkley next year.

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

You don’t think teddy is already taking reps away from darnold ? Pull the bandaid off fast, why let teddy continue to take away reps from Sam in practice, pre games? Showcase now and move him out, so Sam can take 70-80 % of reps 

No he's not. Darnold is getting most of the snaps, especially with the ones.

27 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Just think how QB starved this Jet team has been & for so long. If this scenario was playing out in say..Tampa & it's 2014, Jet fans would be screaming for the GM to do whatever it takes to get Teddy Bridgewater who will only be 26 this year. 

It will be just our luck that this is the only year there are no teams DESPERATE for a QB. The spot that I believe would be the best fit for TB, Tampa! Would you pay crazy Jameis Winston between 25-30 million with a HUGE GUARANTEE? I sure as hell wouldn't. That kind of money = power to tell everyone to go f*ck themselves. 

Would you want a 36 year old (Nov.24th) Fitzy or a 26 year old respected guy like Bridgewater? This TB thing is gonna be wild to see how it plays out. He's a better player than 31 backups right now. 

Teddy is better than a lot of starters too but some of them have their own young QBs so they don't have a need.  Purely as a starter (ignoring the young, developing QBs) he's an upgrade for Buffalo, Miami, Cleveland, NYG, AZ, TB.   It's crazy but most teams have decent QBs or young, potential QBs

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I know darnold is rightfully Getting “ Most “ of the snaps out of the 3. But my point is he would obviously get more If teddy was no longer on the roster. It is still too early now, but there will be teams not impressed with backups, we went through that last yr ha

we shouldnt trade teddy because with our luck darnold is going to have a career ending injury midseason. make the playoffs with teddy. win a playoff game. teddy gets a career ending injury during his next playoff game and mccown gets blown up.

Just keepin it real fellows

Cleveland I can understand because at least they took a QB and so far Mayfield has also looked good (very early on all these rookies) but the Giants made no sense. Barkley is going to be really good but if Darnold is a star it won't matter how good Barkley is.  The Giants really screwed up and we should be very grateful they did.

36 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

via Cimini:

Another heavy workload for Sam Darnold, who took 23 of 31 first-team reps in the final practice before Thursday night's game against the Redskins. Josh McCown got five reps with the starters, Teddy Bridgewater three. All told, Darnold took 28 reps, completing 13 of 19 passes. The highlight was a six-play TD drive in a two-minute period at the end of practice. He made a couple a long sideline completions to TE Jordan Leggett. Not surprisingly, Todd Bowles declined to name his starter for Thursday. All signs point to Darnold.

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

via Cimini:

Another heavy workload for Sam Darnold, who took 23 of 31 first-team reps in the final practice before Thursday night's game against the Redskins. Josh McCown got five reps with the starters, Teddy Bridgewater three. All told, Darnold took 28 reps, completing 13 of 19 passes. The highlight was a six-play TD drive in a two-minute period at the end of practice. He made a couple a long sideline completions to TE Jordan Leggett. Not surprisingly, Todd Bowles declined to name his starter for Thursday. All signs point to Darnold.

And good to see Leggett back. 

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

I don't see it playing out that way. They can go into the season with Teddy as backup and just bide their time until another team gets desperate. I don't buy that Teddy won't accept that. He's under contract, so he'll have to accept it the way Nick Foles did. Besides, he doesn't seem like the type of guy who would raise a stink over something like that. Hopefully, with Sammy putting the knock down on the league's bottom-dwellers, he can show his stuff in garbage time. Meanwhile his knee gets stronger.

My greatest wish is that the "desperate" team that comes crawling for Teddy is the Giants. The irony would be so delicious I'd pass out. 

John Elway says he might still seek a veteran backup QB

The Denver Broncos might not be done shuffling backup quarterbacks, the Associated Press reports.

General manager John Elway said Tuesday that he might still sign a veteran to back up starting QB Case Keenum if he doesn't feel Chad Kelly can win games in a pinch.

"I'm not going to tell you we're definitely going to stand pat, but I'm not telling you we're going (in) that direction, either," Elway told 103.5 The Fox radio station in Denver.

The Broncos promoted Kelly over former first-round pick Paxton Lynch this week following their contrasting performances in training camp and in the preseason opener last weekend, when Lynch threw for just 24 yards over seven series with the second string. Kelly had a pair of touchdowns in mop-up duty against the Minnesota Vikings.

"We've got to have confidence that that guy that's going to be the backup can play and win football games," Elway said. "And so that's why we're still in that process of trying to see if we've got that guy behind Case.

"Even though Chad played very well on Saturday night — we'll see how he does this week — but if something were to happen to Case, can he come in and continue to win football games for us?" Elway said. "That's the big part of the evaluation process and that's still going on."     

9 minutes ago, C Mart said:

The Denver Broncos might not be done shuffling backup quarterbacks, the Associated Press reports.

General manager John Elway said Tuesday that he might still sign a veteran to back up starting QB Case Keenum if he doesn't feel Chad Kelly can win games in a pinch.

"I'm not going to tell you we're definitely going to stand pat, but I'm not telling you we're going (in) that direction, either," Elway told 103.5 The Fox radio station in Denver.

The Broncos promoted Kelly over former first-round pick Paxton Lynch this week following their contrasting performances in training camp and in the preseason opener last weekend, when Lynch threw for just 24 yards over seven series with the second string. Kelly had a pair of touchdowns in mop-up duty against the Minnesota Vikings.

"We've got to have confidence that that guy that's going to be the backup can play and win football games," Elway said. "And so that's why we're still in that process of trying to see if we've got that guy behind Case.

"Even though Chad played very well on Saturday night — we'll see how he does this week — but if something were to happen to Case, can he come in and continue to win football games for us?" Elway said. "That's the big part of the evaluation process and that's still going on."     

as info:

Case Keenum signed a two year, $36 million contract with the Broncos. Keenum entire contract is guaranteed for injury and $25 million is fully guaranteed. Keenum received a $6 million signing bonu. His 2018 salary is fully guaranteed and $7 million of his 2019 salary is fully guaranteed. Another $2 million in incentives is also available.

15 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Like I said yesterday, it’s not just an injury to Keenum that is worrying Elway, he sees him struggling early on and is very nervous.  This will be fun to watch over the next couple weeks.  

9 minutes ago, C Mart said:

as info:

Case Keenum signed a two year, $36 million contract with the Broncos. Keenum entire contract is guaranteed for injury and $25 million is fully guaranteed. Keenum received a $6 million signing bonu. His 2018 salary is fully guaranteed and $7 million of his 2019 salary is fully guaranteed. Another $2 million in incentives is also available.

John Elway as in the QB whisperer.  Who knows more about QBs than other GMs, like Macc because he was a HOF QB.  

Archived