Ereck Flowers

TNJet

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Sometimes people need a second chance and a chage of scenery. If we could bring the kid in on a low risk deal I am all for it. Potential to get an olineman to grow with darnold is enough reward vs risk for me

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

As a backup we could do worse

11 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Giants just released the former first round OT. Bring him in for a tryout? Lord knows we need Tackle depth. He's only 24.

No. 

We have enough bums. IF he was good enough for depth then he'd be depth on the Giants depth chart. They decided instead to cut him...mid season at that. 

Read the tea leaves. 

I actually think Flowers best fit could be at Guard in a zone scheme.  He's athletic enough, especially for a guard.  You could maximize his run blocking abilities(his strong suit, if he has one) and minimize his issues in pass protection by putting him in a phone booth where his size and reach could help overcome his bad footwork.

Some of the worst technique I've ever seen from an OT.  Don't even bother.

After he's cut if he's serious about staying in the league he should find an

OLine tutor and work with him until 2019.  Then audition for teams and try

to get signed

2 minutes ago, KRL said:

to get signed

Thanks for your input. Just thought that coming out of Miami and more of a spread offense their scheme was zone blocking if the Giants asked him to do something different and not suited for then maybe.

37 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The entire Giants organization is a circus they haven't had a decent HC since Tom Coughlin left, I would bring this kid in for a tryout and see what's been going wrong for him as a Giant. 

Robert Gallery was actually an even bigger bust than Flowers and ended up having a decent career moving to Guard.  Flowers just doesn’t have the feet to play Tackle but maybe he could be better as a Guard

27 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Is Flowers athletic?  If so did the Giants ever run a zone blocking scheme?  If athletic, and never played in a zone scheme get him in here and give it a shot, but if not athletic or has been in zone scheme no thank you.

He's not athletic at all. I did an in-depth write up on him on another site before he was drafted and wanted no part of him.

25 minutes ago, KRL said:

to get signed

I’ve “lurked” on giants message boards and it’s scary how big of a bust and how terrible he is. Plus all the drama and pouting when they switched him from LT to RT. He skipped OTA’s over this and moving him from LT was justified because he’s freaking TERRIBLE.

If they are going to eat his contract and can’t make room for him on that team with the HORRIBLE O-line, I want nothing to do with him. 

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The thing about Flowers is that he never quite fully bloomed. It's not reasonable to expect that he could just come to the Jets and blossom. I mean, we're talking about a guy that never rose to the occasion and now we're just going to petal him off to the fans?

You really couldn't get a "wilted" reference in there somewhere?

Archived