Damien Woody on fire.

DonCorleone

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BallinPB said:

I don't think the players quit on Bowles.  It's clear the offense is not talented enough and Bowles is not putting the defense in a position to succeed.  Offense falls on Macc and defense is on Bowles.  If I was Bates I'd be pissed for taking a job with sh*t talent.   

For the defensive minded coach Bowles is, his defenses sure have been trash the last 2 years.

Why wouldn't the D players quit on Blowes if he does not put them in a position to succeed? Who plays hard for the coach that screws you with his play calls?

I agree as to the O. Those guys are so bad it would be impossible to discern 110% effort from mailing it in.

I just saw his "periscope" video. He parks and walks the SAME corridor to the Pepsi gate as I do. 

I left BEFORE halftime, he left AT halftime. LOL.

I'll be looking for a 6'7" 320+ blue-tooth wearing behemoth next time as I walk to and from the Lots. 

2 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Sadly, I think the NFL has left Rex in the rear view mirror. All of the rule changes favoring O have removed the most valuable tools from his bag. 

When he was here.... offenses walked through him like a paper doll so many times.  I remember thinking he wasn’t even in the top 10 in Defenses in his last 3 years.  As hard as he tried our Defensive line was never a TRUE pass rush threat....

3 hours ago, BigO said:

They didn’t quit on him?  What do they have to do to see they did just that - walk off the field?

3 hours ago, rammagen said:

that defense sure looked like it quit on bowles

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Why wouldn't the D players quit on Blowes if he does not put them in a position to succeed? Who plays hard for the coach that screws you with his play calls?

I agree as to the O. Those guys are so bad it would be impossible to discern 110% effort from mailing it in.

I hate the term players quitting on a coach.  This isn't baseball or basketball.  Most players on this team as well as most NFL teams are playing for jobs.  To say players quit on a coach I think is stupid.  

You can say they weren't put in position to succeed or that the players made mistakes but like I said, most of these guys are playing for future contracts or to stay with the team.  They don't just quit on a coach because that in turn effects their future.  

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Meh, it happens a lot when players don't respect the coach.  Get Bowles out and these guys will work a lot harder under the interim HC. 

this is funny because there were lots of players who said they would run through a wall for bowles.  i guess running through a wall isn't quite the same thing as bolcking or tackling or staying in position or catching etc.

Mo Claiborne said in an interview on CBS tonight that the bills gave the Jets a whooping, and I'm quoting from memory here, "and we kind of laid down for it"

A Jets player said that the team basically laid down for a beating

At home

division rival

scored 8 touchdowns in 9 games prior to this game

Yeah this is the new bottom

56 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Boomer spot on with his take.  The Johnson's couldn't even do Bowles a solid.  Prolonging the inevitable is not a good look for anyone involved.  With an interim you at least get the players attention and we can evaluate who gives a funk the rest of the way.

6 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

The thing is what does Bates do. He watched Morton get fired for going against Bowles last season, does he cut his own throat by doing the same.  I'm not convinced Bowles has no say on O like some here report.

The funny thing is that, unlike Jim Bob Cooter in Detroit, the Jets' next head coach is highly unlikely to retain any hold-over staff, especially the OC. So Bates could decide to open up the playbook and showcase what, if anything he's learned as a Shanahan disciple rather than the predictable run on first down, run on second down, get Darnold killed on third down strategy he's followed to date. I mean, he hasn't got anything to lose because he's going to be looking for a new job come Black Monday anyway.

4 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

When he was here.... offenses walked through him like a paper doll so many times.  I remember thinking he wasn’t even in the top 10 in Defenses in his last 3 years.  As hard as he tried our Defensive line was never a TRUE pass rush threat....

Wrong, but you can keep wishing. 

Since he never had that true pass rusher, his defense was mostly scheme with masterful game plan like the playoff on the road back to back against Payton and Brady.  

2009-1

2010-3

2011-5

2012-8

2013-11

2014-6

43 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

Wrong, but you can keep wishing. 

Since he never had that true pass rusher, his defense was mostly scheme with masterful game plan like the playoff on the road back to back against Payton and Brady.  

2009-1

2010-3

2011-5

2012-8

2013-11

2014-6

I said last 3 years... and i said I remember thinking, I didn’t state facts.  We ended 2012 with 3 consecutive losses. Tebow walked through us. you want to defend that fat buffoon, go ahead. he is so far below 500 as a coach it’s not worth the debate.  Peyton???  he gave up 24 unanswered points to him in 2 quarters.   Brady???   the following week we were unprepared.  

facts don’t lie.   In all his years as a HC REX is well below 500.   

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

I said last 3 years... and i said I remember thinking, I didn’t state facts.  We ended 2012 with 3 consecutive losses. Tebow walked through us. you want to defend that fat buffoon, go ahead. he is so far below 500 as a coach it’s not worth the debate.  Peyton???  he gave up 24 unanswered points to him in 2 quarters.   Brady???   the following week we were unprepared.  

facts don’t lie.   In all his years as a HC REX is well below 500.   

As it stand the only Jets coach to take the team to two championship game.   We can go on forever to discuss Rex's tenure with the Jets.  

In my previous post, I wrote about facts into what you incorrectly stated that Rex never had a top 10 defense in his last three years with the Jets.  You lied, NO? If so, own it, apologize and stop singing another song. I understand that some fans here can't stand Rex since day one ever since he came into the scene with his bravado and comical attitude but you guys shouldn't make stuff up to prove your point.   

2012-8

2013-11

2014-6

21 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

As it stand the only Jets coach to take the team to two championship game.   We can go on forever to discuss Rex's tenure with the Jets.  

In my previous post, I wrote about facts into what you incorrectly stated that Rex never had a top 10 defense in his last three years with the Jets.  You lied, NO? If so, own it, apologize and stop singing another song. I understand that some fans here can't stand Rex since day one ever since he came into the scene with his bravado and comical attitude but you guys shouldn't make stuff up to prove your point.   

2012-8

2013-11

2014-6

He couldn’t cut it as a head coach and couldn’t make up for the horrible drafting and cap hell. Shame because he was an EXCELLENT motivator and his players would run through a brick wall for him.

If only he had a decent QB/offensive coordinator. We’d definitely be perennial contenders if our offense was half decent. 

11 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Rex's fire was never something I questioned, and he speaks for many Jet fans 

No one will agree with me and no one ever does but I've said it many times to people over the years.  Rex should have never been fired.  I've thought that since day one.  Yes I remember all the bad, I remember the butt fumble I remember the poor clock decisions, I remember the media gaffs.  This man gave a sh*t.  I hate to tell Jet fans this but here's the truth.....our culture sucks.  There's nothing redeeming about this team or it's fanbase.  We're pessimistic, sarcastic and almost relish this idea of the next coach will fix everything.   Rex was a wild card, in many respects, but he had the ego and was bombastic enough to break through that nonsense.  He understood we must embrace the greatness of Jets history (what little it was) and look to build on that.  Yea I get he made plenty of poor decisions and no one will agree but I've been a fan of this team for 20 years and he's easily the best coach we ever had in that tenure and yes you know who I'm including that.

3 minutes ago, Jetlag said:

No one will agree with me and no one ever does but I've said it many times to people over the years.  Rex should have never been fired.  I've thought that since day one.  Yes I remember all the bad, I remember the butt fumble I remember the poor clock decisions, I remember the media gaffs.  This man gave a sh*t.  I hate to tell Jet fans this but here's the truth.....our culture sucks.  There's nothing redeeming about this team or it's fanbase.  We're pessimistic, sarcastic and almost relish this idea of the next coach will fix everything.   Rex was a wild card, in many respects, but he had the ego and was bombastic enough to break through that nonsense.  He understood we must embrace the greatness of Jets history (what little it was) and look to build on that.  Yea I get he made plenty of poor decisions and no one will agree but I've been a fan of this team for 20 years and he's easily the best coach we ever had in that tenure and yes you know who I'm including that.

Rex made the Jets a desirable place for players.  

Who the hell wants to play for that Mope Bowles.

7 hours ago, DRJETS said:

2012-8

2013-11

2014-6

Knucklehead...(joking tone)  please read. I said it FELT like he didn’t.  FELT and FACT are not synonymous. let me guess...  you graduated from a vocational high school???  ?. I liked REX as much as anyone in 2009 and 2010 but he showed over and over he is NOT a football man long term.  He ruined this team after 2 years.   RUINED it.  The man is a buffoon who can barely put a sentence together....   oh wait now I see the connection.  English usage and comprehension. ??

Archived