Joe Thomas: Darnold is a Bust

GreenWhite

1 hour ago, Thai Jet said:

Sanchez should have stayed at Troy another year. He subbed in the Arizona game as a Soph and looked terrible. The next year was his only year as a starter. I remember Pete telling him he needed to stay for his Senior year too.

During workouts Rex fell in love with him stating that "he has the arm, he can make all the throws" . The rest is history. 

Right, as usual.  Thing is, Mark couldn’t contain his emotions, and it showed on the field.  The one game vs Oregon State he was needed to carry the team for a series,  he had a meltdown.  Our top defense could not stop OSUs little scat back running between and under the Ds legs.  Pete admitted he should have put in Clay Matthews to stop the RB.  It cost USC a bid to play in the NC. 

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Mo Lew said:

Joe Thomas is a huge Browns homer. He practically had a hard on during halftime of the jets browns game.

He is 100% biased. This is non story.

I actually love Joe Thomas, and If you don’t you’re not paying attention. He actually plays up the homer angle on purpose and with no shame. It’s funny. We love when ex-Jets do it. What bothers me is the sneaky ex Patriots who try and fake objectivity. Thomas is straight up being biased on purpose and would be the first one to say it.  Imo

13 hours ago, Mo Lew said:

Joe Thomas is a huge Browns homer. He practically had a hard on during halftime of the jets browns game.

He is 100% biased. This is non story.

You’d think how does one become a Browns homer. 

13 hours ago, GreenWhite said:

The same was said about Geno and Sanchez.

The only thing Darnold has going for him is his age and the fact that Todd Bowles is the worst football coach in America.

If you can't see the difference between Darnold, Geno and Sanchez, you're an idiot. 

Both Geno and Sanchez played on far more talented teams. Darnold is practically winning games on his own.

Geno Smiths OL consisted of veterans like Colon, Mangold, Ferguson. His WR's were Holmes and Kerley, Ivory was the RB. 

WTF is wrong with people. 

12 hours ago, GreenWhite said:

It shows Joe Thomas’s opinion is as good as anyone on TV.

By next year at this time everyone on this board will see the truth about Samchez. 

Drew Brees was so bad his second year that the Chargers drafted Manning traded to the Giants for Rivers. 

How did that workout?

11 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

This guys account was made to troll everyone about how Sam sucks at every opportunity.  I can never understand why someone would even take the time to set up a fake account to do that kind of nonsense. Unemployment is rough on some people, I suppose. 

Must be a UCLA fan

I think it's pretty simple. The jury is still out on Sam Darnold.

Has he flashed the ability to be a special player? Absolutely.  But he also leads the league in interceptions and three and outs.

Are the poor results a product of the system and players around him? I sure hope so but it's too early to come to any definitive conclusion.

In my opinion, Darnold has regressed since the preseason and first quarter of the season. No way to sugarcoat it, and it's not a good sign. The Jets are well on their way to ruining this kid.

The Jets need to do everything in their power to develop Darnold and build a team around him. The focus needs to be OL OL OL and difference makers at the skill positions.  And please bring in an offensive mind who knows what it takes to win in this era of football.  Give this kid a chance to succeed and turn into something special.

In my estimation, the potential is certainly there, but he's not trending in the right direction at this point. Let's see how he finishes out the season. Hopefully a lame duck HC doesn't drain everything out of this team.

24 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Baker is better then darnold.  We all know that.  There is a reason he was the number 1 pick and darnold went 3.  

But that doesnt mean darnold is a bust.  Next year will tell about darnold when he has a new coach who will run a qb friendly offense.

That much is becoming obvious. 

Anyone who thinks that Darnolds struggles are not almost 100% coaching and talent is way off base. Switch Darnold to KC with their coach and ludicrous weapons and Darnold would be ridiculous good even this year.

BTW I HATE 5 wide. I know Favre liked it but it sucks almost uniformly for any QB. Too easy to defend against, too hard to block. As a change of pace on a critical 4th and 3, sure, but used multiple times in a game is just dumb.

9 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Vince Young was the Offensive Rookie of the Year in 2006.

You folks need to take a deep breath and wait....like years, which QB will be better, or which will bust.  

By this time next year I think most will be able to surmise if Darnold is going to be a stud, a JAG, or a bust. Hopefully he's as good as Goff, or at least no worse than Blake Bortles.

6 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

By this time next year I think most will be able to surmise if Darnold is going to be a stud, a JAG, or a bust. Hopefully he's as good as Goff, or at least no worse than Blake Bortles.

You must have a lot of confidence in your GM, who he will hire as HC, and the pieces you have now on the team.  There was a thread which ranked the Jets dead last in draft success...that's like building a team from scratch, do you trust this GM to do so? 

McVey didn't have half the job with the Rams a that  new coaching staff will have with the Jets.

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Darnold is already eons better than bortles

49 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Darnold is already eons better than bortles

Sam Darnold is not better then anybody.  Hes been terrible.

Now there are reasons for that and we all hope a new coaching staff and better players around him will help.

Darnold leads the leads in picks.  He not better then anybody and most def not eons better then anyone.

12 hours ago, johnnysd said:

There is like zero doubt in my mind that Darnold is and will be a significantly better QB than Mayfield. Darnold is the victim of inept coaching and devastating injuries to offense depleting a roster that was already significantly lacking talent. If Sunday's game showed anything is that Darnold is likely better than we thought because the whole offense is pathetic and McCown looked worse than Darnold. He had one very bad game. Yet we start throwing out the bust word. Pure troll post by the original poster, he is just looking to provoke Jets fans who are already devastated by the season.

Zero doubt in your Darnold IS and will be a SIGNIFICANTLY better QB then Mayfield??? :wtf:

45 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Sam Darnold is not better then anybody.  Hes been terrible.

Now there are reasons for that and we all hope a new coaching staff and better players around him will help.

Darnold leads the leads in picks.  He not better then anybody and most def not eons better then anyone.

Correct. Until he proves otherwise Samchez is the worst QB in the NFL not named Nate Peterman or Bryce Petty. 

19 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

You can get upset about whatever Thomas said but their next coach gets Mayfield and Dorsey and Haslam and our next guy gets Darnold, Biggggg Maccccc, and Fredo Johnson.

Haha you’re on fire lately 

4 hours ago, GreenWhite said:

Correct. Until he proves otherwise Samchez is the worst QB in the NFL not named Nate Peterman or Bryce Petty. 

Josh Allen is worse too, Rosen is right there with Darnold.

but damn Samchez stings a bit lol

2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

o7BkMz9e8hpo79e-EdIguZWQ42E=.gif

Well done lol. I saw that meatball earlier and couldn't think of anything remotely clever to respond with so I was kinda hoping someone like BleedinGreen would take it totally seriously and shoot him down with  a few paragraphs on how offensive lineman aren't GM's who scout and draft/sign their teams QB's.

23 minutes ago, CTM said:

Well done lol. I saw that meatball earlier and couldn't think of anything remotely clever to respond with so I was kinda hoping someone like BleedinGreen would take it totally seriously and shoot him down with  a few paragraphs on how offensive lineman aren't GM's who scout and draft/sign their teams QB's.

I'm not sure how I should feel about that.

Archived