Manish: Mike Maccagnan will chose the next head coach

Jetsbb

34 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Right. Which is why it’s not the worst thing in the world that he’s not a fast twitch athlete. He was a good prospect and he is a good player. If Muggsy Bogues played for the Jets you would have the same people insisting that he’s tall.

Funny how you have those two in HOF and call Sam special ed Sam, classy of you. Also funny how you are the first one to call the PC police when something goes against your social agenda..... 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/16/2018 at 10:26 AM, varjet said:

I think Mac threw Bowles under the bus.

Basically said he and his staff of losers (see below) unduly influenced draft picks.

And basically said by not having a real supervisor like him, Bowles was allowed to build an underwhelming staff that not only produced bad game plans, but made it hard to fire him mid-season.  

Mac needs to go.

On 11/15/2018 at 10:27 PM, Jetsbb said:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-jet-take/id1102283546?mt=2#episodeGuid=366f82946a974b2290640a4d2b00ae23

Long interview with Manish. Not only will Mike be back but he will be the one in charge of the Head Coaching search. Also said Jets will be committed to him for another three years at least because of the new coach.

I don't want to keep Macc.

But if we do, this is the only way it was going to work.  Macc gets to pick "his guy" who reports to him, and gets 2-3 years to fix this crapheap.

Such is life.

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don't want to keep Macc.

But if we do, this is the only way it was going to work.  Macc gets to pick "his guy" who reports to him, and gets 2-3 years to fix this crapheap.

Such is life.

Let's be real, Mac has been picking his guys all along. Mac is behind the leaking of this bullsh*t to cover for his past failures as a GM and save his neck. He needs to be fired if the Jets are truly serious about winning. Bringing Mac back and allowing him to pick his coach, spend our money in free agency, and draft more players is the absolute worst possible scenario. 

On 11/15/2018 at 8:30 PM, Creepy Lurker said:

Well, F*ck this franchise. I don’t even care anymore. F*ck em all!

Yeah haha f**k this team.  These boards are way more fun than ever watching a Jet game.

It’s almost as though the owner’s get a sadistic thrill by how much they can f**k with the poor fans of the team they bought.

The NY Jets should be a case study in business schools throughout the country as to why when an enterprise is extremely profitable regardless of how incompetent it’s employees are...how long that can last.

If Maccagnan was employed by virtually ANY other industry and for that manner ANY other NFL team he would have been fired long ago.

On 11/15/2018 at 9:42 PM, jetstream23 said:

I've been 50/50 on Macc but this essentially puts it all on him.  In that way it's really not a bad move.  This will be his roster, his coach, his entire show.  I think he gets at least 2 years, not 3.  If he hires the right coach and has found a franchise QB then it won't matter and we'll want him longterm.  If the new coach fizzles over his first two years and/or the roster is still depleted then Macc is a goner.

This puts it all on him for the next two years and there will be no debate about whose fault it is if things don't work out.  If Macc had hired Bowles it would be easy to can both of them now, but Bowles isn't really his coach.  This had lead to all these unnecessary debates about whether the sorry state of the Jets is the GM or HC's fault.

Forget all that.

What does retaining this level of incompetence say to all potential coaches and free agents?

I actually thought that with Casserly and Wolf helping to find a GM and Coach this would head in the right direction.  Year 1 was actually ok.

I am just dumbfounded this has gotten so bad, and I don't see the point of keeping Mac around unless you give him the same contract term as the new coach.  That to be is a tremendous risk, because he has been so bad, and what coach is going to want to sign up to have Mac find him players.  

It really needs a complete reboot, and even then no self-respecting GM is going to report to the Johnsons.  

This is a very dire situation, and I cannot even try to predict how it ends up.  

On 11/15/2018 at 10:49 PM, MichaelScott said:

At this point I've come to accept that Mike will be back and just do my best to cope with that reality. I know it's an unpopular sentiment around these parts but I'm just gonna look at the moves that have been good and hope we have more of that ??‍♂️

As long as Bowles is gone, my optimism can hang in a little while longer. I personally dont think Mike has been as horrible as Bowles (not saying much). If they both come back, I would really lose my mind. 

Maybe if Mac Picks an offensive head coach they will be on the same page and pick much more O instead of D players.

On 11/16/2018 at 6:15 PM, Creepy Lurker said:

It’s probably somewhere in between. He may be better in a 4-3. I do know he is VERY overrated on this board and I don’t believe in using high draft picks for d line in a 3-4. I mean, we witnessed the “what if” scenario of having a stud 3-4 d-line in their prime (Wilkerson,Richardson,Snacks). It didn’t do dick.

Good 3-4 teams have stud linebackers/playmakers while the lineman are cheap and just eat up blocks. The Jets have been a nonstop blueprint for how to NOT build a team. It’s unbelievable how stupid our front office has been for the last 10 years. 

Like I said, no one could be that stupid, at this point you have to go with that they’re sadists against the fans, watch Bowles will start McCown against Buffalo Sunday just for kicks and the Maccagnan and the owners will get a good laugh.

Well the good news is that its ALL on Macc now. He picks the HC, he makes the draft picks, and he is the one responsible. If He succeeds its all good. If not well it only took the Jets 4 more years to find out what most here already knew. Man this Franchise. I hope they actually get to the level we all want them at in the next four years. I ain't gettn' any younger, know what I'm sayin'?

14 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Well the good news is that its ALL on Macc now. He picks the HC, he makes the draft picks, and he is the one responsible. If He succeeds its all good. If not well it only took the Jets 4 more years to find out what most here already knew. Man this Franchise. I hope they actually get to the level we all want them at in the next four years. I ain't gettn' any younger, know what I'm sayin'?

3 more boring losing seasons.  Mac will hire some mediocre OC and draft a Guard 3rd overall 

On 11/15/2018 at 10:35 PM, Pac said:

I always assumed Bowles played a heavy part in a lot of these draft decisions.  It was an idiotic way for Woody to structure the hierarchy.  I look forward to seeing what happens with an offensive minded coach and a GM who doesn't need to need a coaches buy in on every draft choice.

Season-ticket holder?

12 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Let's be real, Mac has been picking his guys all along. Mac is behind the leaking of this bullsh*t to cover for his past failures as a GM and save his neck. He needs to be fired if the Jets are truly serious about winning. Bringing Mac back and allowing him to pick his coach, spend our money in free agency, and draft more players is the absolute worst possible scenario. 

As I said, I would not retain Macc.

But I’m not the owner. So prepare to live with the absolute worst possible scenario, as you see it, because that looks to be what’s going to happen.

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

As I said, I would not retain Macc.

But I’m not the owner. So prepare to live with the absolute worst possible scenario, as you see it, because that looks to be what’s going to happen.

How does it look that way? I've yet to hear/read Christopher Johnson say that Mike Maccagan's job is safe. Bottom line each week the Jets get beat is like chemo to get rid of this cancerous regime.

4 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

How does it look that way? I've yet to hear/read Christopher Johnson say that Mike Maccagan's job is safe. Bottom line each week the Jets get beat is like chemo to get rid of this cancerous regime.

Knowing the Johnsons I don’t need to hear explicitly that we are stuck with Macagnan 

Real ownership would have fired both Mac and Bowles last year

17 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Ok.  I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Not sure why you're acting like I am Pro-Macc tbq, I've been critical of Macc alot longer than most of the homers on this homer-dominated forum.  Predicting his being retained is not the same as supporting his being retained.  So argue with a pro-Macc homer if you want to fight about him staying.  Had it been up to me both would have been fired last year.

2 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Actually it can’t  begin until mac is fired. Next yr or yr after, can bet on that ?

If Mac makes it through the purge in January and is allowed to pick his own coach he is locked in for 2-3 more years minimum.  I am of the opinion he should go along with Bowles but if he will get a reprieve if he hires the new guy.  Need time for the new guy to implement his system, etc etc etc.

29 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Ok.  I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Not sure why you're acting like I am Pro-Macc tbq, I've been critical of Macc alot longer than most of the homers on this homer-dominated forum.  Predicting his being retained is not the same as supporting his being retained.  So argue with a pro-Macc homer if you want to fight about him staying.  Had it been up to me both would have been fired last year.

I know you're not pro-Mac.  I'm just voicing my frustration over the fact some fans are accepting Mac is coming back when we still are watching this mess of a season unfold. I refuse to believe Mac has been told by ownership he's coming back already. No f-ing way. There has been ZERO signs of progress on all fronts for the Jets the past 3 years, and lucking  into Darnold  doesn't erase all of Mac's history as a poor general manager. IN MY OPINION Mac is NOT surviving 3-13.

What makes me laugh is people act like Mac's keeping his job because he's not been fired yet. The Johnson owned Jets don't do business like that. They fired both John Idzik and Rex Ryan on black Monday, December 29, 2014. Mac and Bowles are BOTH getting fired the same way on BLACK MONDAY, December 31, 2018. Book it. 

28 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

What makes me laugh is people act like Mac's keeping his job because he's not been fired yet. The Johnson owned Jets don't do business like that. They fired both John Idzik and Rex Ryan on black Monday, December 29, 2014. Mac and Bowles are BOTH getting fired the same way on BLACK MONDAY, December 31, 2018. Book it. 

I agree,  New franchise QB, new uniforms, new front office, new head coach. Plenty of reasons to clean house and push the "fresh start" narrative.

42 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I agree!! How long can the Johnson's just sit back & watch this mess keep unraveling year after year after year after.......... 

Archived