Today's the day.. Mike McCarthy

SheaRay

Here are some ideas on why GB won one title instead of many and why McCarthy got canned.

Rogers salary hurt the Packers roster much in the same way Flacco's did in Baltimore.

Thats why it is important for the NYJ to start winning sooner than later with Darnold because in the near future they are gonna have to pony up big $

Rodgers is a major blow hard who went so far as to undermine the HC's play calls which in turn caused him to lose the respect of other players. Execs and ownership should have had his back but sided with Rodgers.

Also If Green Bay cheated the salary cap the same way New England does with TB they may have won multiple titles instead of one.

I will be cautiously optimistic if the NYJ give McCarthy a shot.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Arizona told him that they would give him full control and he said “No Thanks”. He didn’t want full control. Don’t know if that has to do with McCarthy not wanting full control or if he just didn’t want the Arizona job, because he declined the interview all together.

I’d like to think that he comes in here and recalibrates his system to 2018. Maybe bring in a young guy to help him implement different concepts but he’s definitely the type of guy who is no nonsense but has a good enough personality to click with guys. He’s the man, if any, to make Sam a star. QB guru out of this galaxy.

If he's the hire I hope the FO and Owners stay out of his way and let him run this team the way he sees fit. If he comes in here and changes things I'll be the first one to admit I was wrong. I'm just a little weary of McCarthy 

I hope this is the scenario that takes place. The jets hire McCarthy as head coach and bring in Rhule assistance HC. Mike can groom him to take over when he is ready to retire. As We all know McCarthy is not a spring chicken, so maybe he coaches the Jets for four years and then passes the baton over to Rhule
This scenario allows us to have the experience and wisdom of McCarthy and the youth and innovation of Rhule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, SR24 said:

If he's the hire I hope the FO and Owners stay out of his way and let him run this team the way he sees fit. If he comes in here and changes things I'll be the first one to admit I was wrong. I'm just a little weary of McCarthy 

Why are you so worried about ownership meddling? If anything I'd like to see the Johnson's have more attention and interest in the team. Not that they're experts but there's hands off and then there's I don't give a crap if we win or lose hands off. If anything we've had the latter.

A good point was made on Cowherd’s show yesterday.

The last time there were 8 HC openings was in 2013, and the only coach brought in that year that is still with the team that hired him is safe, old reliable Andy Reid with the Chiefs.

Another point was that you don’t want a developing coach overseeing a developing QB.

McCarthy is the safe, old reliable candidate.

After years of the Jets swinging and ultimately missing on these up and coming assistant coaches, there’s big appeal in going the veteran direction. Especially since we’d normally have no chance at a guy like McCarthy. And still wouldn’t if it wasn’t for Darnold.

12 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

I don’t think Chris Johnson is gonna be walking around giving McCarthy orders. I think if McCarthy is brought on board the Johnsons will be totally hands off. What could the Johnsons say to a coach with 200 games under his belt and years of coaching experience? Johnsons won’t interfere with this guy. 

I hate the idea of brining in a guy with 200 games under his belt and making him report to the owner I wish the Johnsons would just be hands off 

7 minutes ago, SheaRay said:

It was reported yesterday that the reported meeting that was reported to take place this past Thursday was pushed back to next week. Reportedly.

OK. 

Man this thing could drag into Monday if the jets want to meet with rhule tomorrow 

1 hour ago, SheaRay said:

Kris Richard.... Tomorrow

Not today not tomorrow not next week not next year. To hire a DB and make him a HC would be asinine. Oh wait didn’t we just fire someone who was a DB coach. 

So no one cares that according to everyone even players that played with him Mcarthy gets ultra conservative with a lead and is a terrible game manager? I mean no one can possibly be worse than Bowles in those areas but come one!!!

15 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Here are some ideas on why GB won one title instead of many and why McCarthy got canned.

Rogers salary hurt the Packers roster much in the same way Flacco's did in Baltimore.

Thats why it is important for the NYJ to start winning sooner than later with Darnold because in the near future they are gonna have to pony up big $

Rodgers is a major blow hard who went so far as to undermine the HC's play calls which in turn caused him to lose the respect of other players. Execs and ownership should have had his back but sided with Rodgers.

Also If Green Bay cheated the salary cap the same way New England does with TB they may have won multiple titles instead of one.

I will be cautiously optimistic if the NYJ give McCarthy a shot.

That's why the Jets need to start making moves to get to the tournament starting NEXT YEAR! When you have a QB that can move, throw on the run, and is accurate, IF you get in the playoffs you become a dangerous team. No teams in the AFC are perfect, hell, the Jets took the Texans to the last minutes of the 4th quarter with literally a scrap heap roster. 

Pull a Tanny Macc! Do what you have to do to solidify the Oline & get some offensive studs in here. Only this time we have Sam Darnold & not Mark Sanchez running the show.

10 minutes ago, SR24 said:

I hate the idea of brining in a guy with 200 games under his belt and making him report to the owner I wish the Johnsons would just be hands off 

A GM with a short record of failure will dictate to a coach with a long record of success.  What is there not to understand?  SOJ.

1 minute ago, SheaRay said:

Why are you so worried about ownership meddling? If anything I'd like to see the Johnson's have more attention and interest in the team. Not that they're experts but there's hands off and then there's I don't give a crap if we win it lose hands off. If anything we've had the latter.

I'm worried about them meddling because Mccarthy has forgotten more about football than they'll ever know. I hate the idea of having someone as established as him coming in and reporting to Chris Johnson lol

11 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Literally every HC in the NFL answers to the owner. Even the great ones. I've never heard of either Johnson every making a personnel decision. Even Kraft told BB to eff himself when he wanted to keep Garrapolo over Brady. That will never change

49 minutes ago, SR24 said:

I see Mccarthy coming in here and clashing with the FO and Johnsons. I see Mccarthy wanting things his way and our dumbass FO doing the other causing tension through the ranks.  He's established and has accolades to back him up I just don't see his personality and the Jets way of running an organization meshing well. I could see him and Dorsey doing very well together in Cleveland

Ooooookay......but that's not what I asked you.

Do you see one of these inexperienced, no-pro-resume, college coaches doing better here?

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Yes indeed the HARDEST of passes on a guy that will take your young franchise QB to the next level, nearly guaranteed. If only he had won something in the pros too, he'd be legit.

Brett Hundley and Matt Flynn say Hello.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Ooooookay......but that's not what I asked you.

Do you see one of these inexperienced, no-pro-resume, college coaches doing better here?

Possibly! someone with less accolades and more to prove might transition better with the way this organization is set up. My knock on Mccarthy is actually more of a knock on the way the Jets organization is set up and runs. I don't think Mccarthy is the kind of guy to deal with the lunacy that comes from Mac and the Johnsons

38 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I'm not trading multiple 1st round picks for a coach like the media is suggesting a team would have to do to obtain Harbaugh. Eff that!

I don't think it will even take one first to be honest. Harbaugh will be able to decide where he wants to go which lowers the price since he doesn't have to resign with the team that trades for him. If he decides he doesn't want to coach the Raven past next season then they will take whatever they can get.

2 minutes ago, FloridaJetsFan said:

The roster will look VERY different next season, so I think that’s a very weak point.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Different how? Is Trumaine going to live up to the absurd contract Mac handed him? what about CB2 we going to overpay Claibourne again? What about the Oline? Not a ton of top tier F/A's and the drats not too strong for Oline. Don't let $100mil in cap space distract you from the fact that free agency is weak this year and the draft isn't loaded with Offensive linemen or playmakers this year. Heavy on the Defense of course lol 

50 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

?? We got lucky with the QB. Can we get lucky with the coach? 

The best thing that can happen is that Macc misses on his first choice and backs into a candidate. Whoever that guy is THE GUY. 

Lets just face the facts that this organization does not have a great track record making key decisions. With that said the Donald pick was a solid hit for us.  So yes who ever it is the guy is the guy. My real flyer thought would be giving our ST coach a serious look.  The ST have been improving year over year and that should say a lot about the respect the players have for this guy to give maximum effort.  Just a thought.

19 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Possibly! someone with less accolades and more to prove might transition better with the way this organization is set up. My knock on Mccarthy is actually more of a knock on the way the Jets organization is set up and runs. I don't think Mccarthy is the kind of guy to deal with the lunacy that comes from Mac and the Johnsons

I guess that is where I am having trouble with your logic here.

A proven veteran winner with a ring won't be able to deal with Macc and the Org, but a guy who till now has at most dealt with the AD of a fourth tier NCAA school maybe will?  Because they're more passive and thus will....what, let Macc dominate them?  We want Macc to dominate now?

Our best chance against Macc (who 100% should have been fired) is a Head Coach who can and will dominate Macc.  Macc must take a secondary role because frankly he is a bad GM whose only claim to fame were amazingly obvious "picks" where he basically took the consensus (Willims, Adams) or spent a mountain to luck into a guy (Darnold) after others passed on him and took the other QB he might have taken.  Most of his picks beyond round 1 are flat out failures or role filling replaceable JAG's. 

I simply do not see one of these limited-resume kid college coaches coming in and taking ownership and being in change of this undisciplined rabble of a team and organization.  On the contrary, I see most of these smaller-school college Coaches as being entirely unqualified to even BE NFL HEad Coaches yet, much less to try and manage/rebuild one of the worst franchises (with the worst organization) of the past decade+.

Sadly, we're at the same crossroads we were before Parcells.  A poorly run joke franchise bereft of talent outside a one key (QB) and one non-impact (S) positions.  We need a winner, with a real resume of success at the Pro level, with an offensive focus, and a resume that makes you think he can make Darnold be what we need him to be at the Pro level.  

Taking yet another chance on yet another first time, rookie Head Coach, this time one with no pro level experience......seems like asking for disaster.  

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

I'm coming off as ignorant for downplaying his accomplishments you're right he checks the boxes. I just don't see him coming in here and dealing with the constant BS from the ownership and the FO. It's got tension and turmoil written all over it imo he's going to come in here and take orders from and owner who's clueless and work alongside arguably the worst talent evauluator in the league at GM? Just doesn't seem like a good fit

Chris and Woody Johnson may not be the brightest, most masculine, hardest-working, self-starting NFL owners out there. But they’re not really known for meddling or BS either. 

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

Pretty much all fanbases of other teams looking for a coach don’t want him. Only 3 teams are interested and he already said no to Arizona. So there’s only mutual interest with Cleveland and NYJ. 

There’s one thing I won’t bet against and that’s Jets fans. We know best.

J    E      T        S ..... JETS JETS JETS. 

Pretty much all? You know that how? My best bud is from Chicago, huge Bears fan. Thinks we’re nuts if we let him leave the building without a contract, thinks he’s that good. And he hates the Pack.  

Archived