Myers moving on

prime21

Good

You don’t pay any kicker not named Adam Vinatieri $4+ million a year.

And even though Myers had a pro-bowl season, he was very inconsistent in his career prior to that. Even last year he was shaky as hell on extra points and chip shots between 30-40 yards.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I'm okay with this. Last year was a career year for Myers and kickers are a bit too unpredictable to really give a ton of cash to

Bingo!!!  Boyer must've corrected something because he was cut from SEA before we picked him up

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Good

You don’t pay any kicker not named Adam Vinatierri $4+ million a year.

And even though Myers had a pro-bowl season, he was very inconsistent before that. Even last year he was shaky as hell on extra points and chip shots between 30-40 yards.

He was 13-14 on 30-39 yard attempts.  

5 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Meh... we’ve had good luck signing street free agents and making them work. 

We've had good luck with kickers because their kicks have been meaningless.

Everyone will change their tune when come Week 16, FreeAgent Kicker misses a game winner knocking us out of the playoffs.

Just now, JetPotato said:

Everyone will change their tune when come Week 16, FreeAgent Kicker misses a game winner knocking us out of the playoffs.

I mean, maybe, but also Myers was a free agent middle of training camp signing.

1 minute ago, JetPotato said:

NIck Folk was on the scrapheap when we picked him up

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

NIck Folk was on the scrapheap when we picked him up

Just because they have good luck a couple times doesn't mean it will keep happening... remember they sign Santos too and he couldn't make the team and got Myers instead.

12 minutes ago, Lith said:

Had a great season, but never had to make a clutch kick for us.  Not knowing what he would do under pressure, late in a tight game; I am okay with letting him move on.

Jason Myers will hit a 60 yard FG into the wind and then 2xp in the same game 

it sucks to lose a Pro Bowl kicker but they have other issues 

Unfortunate, as he had a great year. Automatic on FGs, with ability to hit the 50+ yarders with consistency. Also a real weapon on KOs.

But the Jets have shown in recent years that they don't want to pay big money for a kicker. And Myers will now command big money.

Sorry to see him go, but it's on to the next reclamation project. Cody Parkey?

Give the Raiders a late round pick , and they will give you the guy who was suppose to be their kicker last year.  Eddy Piniero - who has a monster leg who was hurt in the preseason. ( Raiders put him a rookie kicker on Ir- tells you what they think of him) Daniel Carlson won that job , and should be the Raiders kicker this year.

5 minutes ago, British Jet said:

I am available to be the kicker for the Jets. As an Englishman who has kicked footballs for nearly 30 years. I am available for $200,000 a year. I will take a 6-year deal. I fancy myself comfortably up to 60-yards.

Kicking is not hard. 

End.

most people can't hit a golf ball straight in front of the other three losers

try doing it in front of 80k screaming drunkards 

Archived