Evaluate John Elway For CTE/Drug Test

SR24

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Flacco will have a resurgence in Denver if they get him the right pieces. Like Rich Gannon for the Raiders. 

Raven receivers have not been good these last few years. Is that what affected Flacco or did Flacco affect the receivers performance?

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

Raven receivers have not been good these last few years. Is that what affected Flacco or did Flacco affect the receivers performance?

Looked to me that his payday hurt the roster .  Unlike Brady, Demanded a big contract and the talent on offense seem to fall off. Now, he may have gotten fat, paid and lazy as well but they just haven’t had a very good supporting cast on offense.

I’m thinking him getting benched and  ignored in the playoffs as the rookie faultered will stoke whatever he has left as a competitor. Denver gets him some weapons and he will be in the top third of QBs this year. Just one fat man’s opinion. 

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

translation:  "i'm all in on drew lock"

The key to our draft is for Lock or Haskins to surge like Wentz did. Really hope they crush their pro days not because I want to trade down but because I want Bosa lol. No way in hell im letting NYG come up for just #6 and 17. 

I met John Elway in a bar at a hotel in Denver. The bartender introduced us. This was after he retired. He was the most arrogant person  I ever met.  He acted like he was a king and everyone else was a peasant. I truly think he believes whatever he says thinking Flacco is in his prime. 

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I met John Elway in a bar at a hotel in Denver. The bartender introduced us. This was after he retired. He was the most arrogant person  I ever met.  He acted like he was a king and everyone else was a peasant. I truly think he believes whatever he says thinking Flacco is in his prime. 

When the Super Bowl was in Jacksonville in January 2005, John Elway had his agent hit on my buddy's fiance for him at a restaurant as she was coming out of the bathroom. 

She laughed it off and wasn't remotely interested.

My friend, however, overreacted to the point that it completely blew up the relationship. He reminded me of the guy in Honeymoon in Vegas who is convinced his wife is having an affair with Mike Tyson. 

To this day, we still torture the dude with John Elway jokes.

Anyway, John Elway is a dick. 

25 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

He is, I agree... I wonder if Raiders actually draft a QB high... or will that hurt Carr's confidence?? tough to say don't want to ruin that chemistry after a huge trade with a massive contract for the best WR in the league.  

56 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

When the Super Bowl was in Jacksonville in January 2005, John Elway had his agent hit on my buddy's fiance for him at a restaurant as she was coming out of the bathroom. 

She laughed it off and wasn't remotely interested.

My friend, however, overreacted to the point that it completely blew up the relationship. He reminded me of the guy in Honeymoon in Vegas who is convinced his wife is having an affair with Mike Tyson. 

To this day, we still torture the dude with John Elway jokes.

Anyway, John Elway is a dick. 

Were anchor sales good that week with the influx of potential customers?

1 hour ago, Skeptable said:

He is, I agree... I wonder if Raiders actually draft a QB high... or will that hurt Carr's confidence?? tough to say don't want to ruin that chemistry after a huge trade with a massive contract for the best WR in the league.  

most are assuming that a team will trade up for haskins with us and that can happen.  but also don't discount someone trading up for lock.  we all know how teams panic with qbs.  

i can also see the giants not wanting to trade with the jets and giving the 49ers both of their 1st round picks, which could leave bosa for us.

John Elway acts like the bastard child of Manuel Noriega and Hugo Chavez.  That is not going to change. 40 years of ring kissing will do that to a man.  Joe Flacco is not going to all of sudden become an accurate passer.  He is what he is.  Strong arm, little touch.  It will be the same old song in Denver, no matter who they give him to throw to. 

Denver is not trading up for a quarterback, at least not to #3.  This is not a smoke screen. He'll sit on Daniel Jones or Drew Locke and see who falls to them.

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

Was just about to post the same thing. The happier he sounds with Flacco the more I am convinced he wants to draft a QB.  

Trading down to 10 would be ideal for the Jets because that would net us a bunch of draft picks plus the ability to draft one of the edge/OTs left that could be Jonah Williams/Jawaan Taylor or Clelin Ferrel/Montez Sweat. 

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Flacco will have a resurgence in Denver if they get him the right pieces. Like Rich Gannon for the Raiders. 

Without that one, insane, four-game playoff stretch in 2012, Joe Flacco would basically be a poor man's Andy Dalton. 

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

I walked behind John elway for a block in NYC once. 6’4” in a suit, sunglasses on, just walking to his business. Everyone recognized him, no one said anything to him but their spontaneous reaction was to turn and stare or just gawk; and he just kept walking. I know it's obvious but imagine the glass wall you have to put up every moment of everyday when your every moment out in public is like that since he was 18.

But yeah I'm sure he is a dick as well, he was born a Greek God and developed the ego to match. Threw out his pool table after the first time he lost on it in years.

As far as his QB moves, I think he's a good exec. It's just hard to find QB’s, as we know.

45 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

most are assuming that a team will trade up for haskins with us and that can happen.  but also don't discount someone trading up for lock.  we all know how teams panic with qbs.  

i can also see the giants not wanting to trade with the jets and giving the 49ers both of their 1st round picks, which could leave bosa for us.

My thought process here was... Murray #1, Giants trade #2 for Haskins and then does Gruden draft lock so Elway doesn't have a chance and Broncos get afraid and trade with Jets

Joe Flacco had the greatest playoff performance I've ever seen.

During the team’s Super Bowl XLVII run after the 2012 season, Flacco completed 73 of 126 passes for 1,140 yards, 11 touchdowns and no interceptions, producing a 117.2 passer rating — the highest ever for a postseason since 1970, the year the AFL and NFL merged.

That included a last minute, 70 yard TD pass to Jacoby Jones to beat Elway's Broncos.  I think the pain stuck in Elway's craw!

A couple things about that playoff run

11 td's and no interceptions.  Holy Sh!t!  but that was done before - by Joe Montana.

Jacoby Jones was the best TD dancer in the NFL, ever!

That was Ray Lewis' farewell season and a lot of people mistakenly credit the "win one for Ray" for the championship.  BS. it was all Flacco.

Great timing by Flacco too.  He was a free agent that off season and he became the highest paid QB in the league. 

The next year, he Sanchezed.  Threw 22 INT's and just 19 TD's.   The fans turned on him. 

When I'm playing basketball in Maryland, we call a really bad pass a Flacco.

Flacco was average to above average the entire time he was on his rookie deal. They were able to put pieces around him and give him a chance to play within his means. Much like Eli, he was able to guide his team to a SB with the defense driving the team. But as we've seen over and over again including just this past season, even the #1 defense in the league needs an offense to complement it, otherwise the team fails. Flacco can be that guide.

Unfortunately for the Ravens, Flacco earned himself a big fat payday and cashed in, and his contract severely restricted the Ravens from building around him the last 5 years. Now on the Broncos, I think he'll be very solid for them and at least put them in position to compete for a championship for a few years. I wouldn't bet money that they'll win one with him, but he won't be the bust everyone is expecting him to be, because Elway knows how important a defense and supporting offensive cast are for a QB. He went through it himself, and he built it for Peyton. What's to say he won't build it again for Flacco?

Archived