Gase Forcing Macc Out

Macc has been here for five years. I’m not one to sh*t on the media non-stop, but Costello is the laziest, most vapid beat writer we’ve got. Dude has never written an article that would merit a second page of responses on this website where [mention=9609]joewilly12[/mention]‘s creepy urban cowboy gay trolling is a major content driver.

Its not really about that dude. This season is all about judging Mac. You have a proven DC here now. If Macs previous picks dont develop its all on him and he will be gone. But letting him go after the draft? That would be a disaster not even the Jets have the stupidity to pull off.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Sympathy 1

It is simple really.  If KIng Sam loves Gase, Gase is golden. Discussion over.  If Sam wants Gase, and Gase wants a different GM, so be it

Eh Sam hasnt done anything yet. Sam stamped this coach with approval so now they need to go out and do something. The GM will be judge on his past drafts separate.

1 hour ago, RVAJet815 said:

That was indeed the time. And I wanted it too. But You just don't fire your gm in April. It doesn't Happen, and frankly it shouldn't. I wholeheartedly believe that if the team doesn't make the jump it needs to take, Mac is gone in the fall. Til then, I'll root for the team to succeed. If that means Mac stays, so be it.

Bills did it two years ago.  Fired Rex in December at end of 2016 season.  Replaced him with Sean McDermott.  Then a day or two after the 2017 draft they fired Doug Whaley.  And the Bills made the playoffs that season.

The Bills are not the model franchsie that I want to emulate, but it has happened before and it didn't destroy the upcoming season.  Personally, I think they need to stick with him through the season, see how the season goes and then make decision.  Only exception would be if the working relationship between Gase and Macc is so toxic that it is counterproductive keeping both guys. 

Not saying that is or is not the case.

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

He sucks.  This draft is just additional evidence of what was already obvious.  The rest of the evidence has been long-established by his past drafts and free agency bumbling.  This year's draft only adds fuel to the fire.  What about his entire history of screwing up drafts and really bad choices on whom to spend money ion free agency?  Let's just ignore that storied history, shall we?  LOL.

I don't need to prove he is a doofus.  He has shown it every damned year since he's been here.  If you want this team to win, why would you want him calling the shots when he constantly makes terrible choices?  We've seen it for 5 years now. 

Well you should be happy because there is virtually no chance of the Johnsons unloading this bum.  So you win and the rest of us Jets fans lose and have to wait more years for the chance at getting a competent GM.

Didn't say a word about him sucking or not.  Didn't say a word about his past drafts.  Didn't say he wasn't a doofus.  All I said is that no one, not me, not you, has a clue about this years draft.  

Ive won nothing.  You have no idea if I want him fired, whether I think he should b fired or not.  But just like thinking you know how the draft will turn out you think you know what I think because I said it's too early to judge the draft.  The win line is pure high drama nonsense. Nice touch

• Upvote 1

Macc has been here for five years. I’m not one to sh*t on the media non-stop, but Costello is the laziest, most vapid beat writer we’ve got. Dude has never written an article that would merit a second page of responses on this website where [mention=9609]joewilly12[/mention]‘s creepy urban cowboy gay trolling is a major content driver.

And yet even Costello knows firing your gm a day after the draft is a stupid thing to do. The Johnsons had the chance to fire Mac. It passed. Macs head is on the line this season... But canning him now is nonsensical.

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I wouldn’t call Williams a “horrible” head coach. He was technically the head coach while Cleveland turned things around last season. I think that in itself at least deserves some credit. I agree that he’s definitely a better coordinator than head coach. 

Buffalo? 

He was so highly regarded they didn't even consider him for the job.  

Point is he hasn't proven he's deserving and Gase was horrible or even worse in Miami. In response to someone who hasn't stop moaning about how much Gase sucks since his hire,  

That was indeed the time. And I wanted it too. But You just don't fire your gm in April. It doesn't Happen, and frankly it shouldn't. I wholeheartedly believe that if the team doesn't make the jump it needs to take, Mac is gone in the fall. Til then, I'll root for the team to succeed. If that means Mac stays, so be it.

Listen, you're making too much sense.  Stop doing that!!  This board is filled with people to don't like to think deeply and like to come to quick, off-the -top of their head decisions.  Try to be more like them, and you will be liked and respected.  You're too smart to be here!  

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Buffalo? 

He was so highly regarded they didn't even consider him for the job.  

Point is he hasn't proven he's deserving and Gase was horrible or even worse in Miami. In response to someone who hasn't stop moaning about how much Gase sucks since his hire,  

I hear ya. I just came away impressed with his performance last year and think that bumps him up from horrible to possibly serviceable. Gase is boom or bust.

It all comes down to him being able to convey his message and properly communicate his “genius” ideas without getting frustrated and rubbing people the wrong way. I really hope he learned from Miami and is ready to succeed with a potentially great young QB. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RSJ said:

Its not really about that dude. This season is all about judging Mac. You have a proven DC here now. If Macs previous picks dont develop its all on him and he will be gone. But letting him go after the draft? That would be a disaster not even the Jets have the stupidity to pull off.

And yet even Costello knows firing your gm a day after the draft is a stupid thing to do. The Johnsons had the chance to fire Mac. It passed. Macs head is on the line this season... But canning him now is nonsensical.

Macc is a sunk cost and if they fired him today they could hang it on Gase and no one would blink. I doubt there’s a lot of professional sympathy for Macc considering his track record and the fact that it looks like his sh*ttiness helped to tank Bowles, whom everyone in the league respects. It’s considerably worse knifing coaches because that’s a fraternity of guys that work for thirty years to get their one or two shots at the head job. GMs, on the other hand, are dirtbag social climbers whose job function requires you to be a murderous weasel. 

Consider what would be worse: dumping Maccagnan now and giving Gase and Williams the chance to build this team via Heimerdinger or the Philly guy Breer mentioned, or waiting a year, having the Jets go 6-10, 7-9 with a dead-weight GM who you now have to fire and then beg another guy to come in and accept a disgruntled, diminished Gase. You’re ****ed either way unless Darnold plays out of his mind and squeezes a playoff berth out of this turd of a roster. 

3 hours ago, ECURB said:

So is the entire league... You have a false narrative in your mind that most players from the draft play well... When in fact... Most suck.

But it's been proven that Macc's draft picks suck more than the average draft pick.