Gase Forcing Macc Out

5 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

OR

Gase came here with the understanding that - even after surrendering the ability to hire his own DC like every HC (experienced HC at that) gets - they'd go after certain players and certain types of players so Gase could show his W/L in Miami was a mirage, and then when push came to shove Maccagnan again did what Maccagnan does. 

I'm still unconvinced Gase is some coaching savant as some have made him out to be, and he absolutely comes across as a hotheaded hardon. Still, from the above standpoint, Gase is the one who got stabbed in the back. You don't hire a guy by making certain assurances as far as what's valued and wanted in FA and the draft, and then go back on them in the first off-season. 

Also no doubt if the biggest FA splash was an ILB and the top pick was used on another DT without the necessary coaching change then all the premium resources again devoted to the D would have fallen on the coach. It's always been Maccagnan.

This is a prime example why they both needed to go, not just one of them.

quite possible. I am of the thought if yu change coach let the gm pick the next coach or get rid of them both so everyone is on the same page.

Now fif true it is over Pardis and he did not want to sign here what do you do? Not the gms fault he wanted a country life

57 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is my Christmas morning. Come on, Gase. Don’t let a wounded dog like Maccagnan get off the mat. You have him down, he’s not helping you with this draft, and public sentiment is on your side (except for three bizarre homers on this website). DRIVE THE SPEAR OBERYN

If Gase lets Macc off the hook, Macc will only get stronger, just like a superhero movie villain.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SMC said:

Based on reading between the lines, the rift is 100% real.

if there is a real rift then gase would do himself some serious favors by just getting the team to win.  granted it also improves mac's stock in the process but what other choice does gase have.  he needs to deal from a position of strength.   it would be interesting to hear what these trade down options were.  no doubt williams is an excellent player but trading down would've netted 1-1/2 maybe 2 starters and in positions of need.

Just now, T0mShane said:

The most-most interesting thing yesterday was Breer(?) already having the name of a potential successor for Maccagnan, citing that he had worked with Gase before. The Eagles guy. Wheels are in motion, friends. 

Wheels. Are. In. Motion.

I’m not going to lie, I would love for that scenario to play out from the standpoint of potentially getting a good GM, but if it does play out, it would absolutely scare the sh*t out of me about just how incompetent our org is to do things this way.  Why keep him after firing Bowles, give him input into coach, handle FA, handle the draft, and then replace him. Seems absolutely insane to me, but then again, we are the Jets, insane is our middle name

• Upvote 1

Just now, NoBowles said:

I’m not going to lie, I would love for that scenario to play out from the standpoint of potentially getting a good GM, but if it does play out, it would absolutely scare the sh*t out of me about just how incompetent our org is to do things this way.  Why keep him after firing Bowles, give him input into coach, handle FA, handle the draft, and then replace him. Seems absolutely insane to me, but then again, we are the Jets, insane is our middle name

All of that could be true, but if the end result is dumping Macc, you take it. 

• Thumb Down 1

17 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

So this is legit.  I'm thinking there's now a better than 50% chance that Macc is gone after the Draft.

You reposted a tweet that said IF THERE IS SOME SORT OF CHANGE.  

How a IF translate to legit?  All he's talking about is a possible GM candidate, nothing more.

Question.  If this was aGasr power play, if he was behind this, why would we go out and get a different GM?  How does that give Gase power?  None of this makes sense.

13 minutes ago, rammagen said:

quite possible. I am of the thought if yu change coach let the gm pick the next coach or get rid of them both so everyone is on the same page.

Now fif true it is over Pardis and he did not want to sign here what do you do? Not the gms fault he wanted a country life

That is a rumor. He was in NY and his agent complained that he didn't get an offer from the Jets on Twitter.

It's never really been a smooth ride with this team. Jim Kensil, Walt Michaels, Joe Walton, Hess firing Pete Carroll and hiring Kotite, Parcells, Herm leaving for KC, Rex vs Idzik, probably it was Chris Johnson who really fired Todd who seemed to get along with Macc. 

• WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, SMC said:

Based on reading between the lines, the rift is 100% real.

How so? Nobody with any kind if credibility is saying this story is true. It's likely fabricated drama by someone with an axe to grind. People who want this story to be true will believe it. I'm blown away by the attention it's received on this board. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, funaz said:

i don't know. I think this is all BS. So far MAC has had a hell of a draft, he also had a good FA session, and a great draft last year.

I don't understand all the MAC hate.

Picking a DT at 3 was a big mistake. The 2 other guys he drafted have big risks involved as well. This team signed an ILB for $17 million per year after just signing one last year. Then ignored the Center position and left a gaping hole there. This offseason has been far from good.

5 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Picking a DT at 3 was a big mistake. The 2 other guys he drafted have big risks involved as well. 

According to you

According to every one else paid to grade the draft it was a great pick.

Really, no guarantees with a 3rd round pick?  95th picks arent a given?  OK, should have picked one of those cant miss, pussy type picks.  Cant make it up, complain he takes the top rated pick, its easy, complain the 2 3rd round picks have risk involved with them. 

They were solid picks at where they were taken.  Like every other pick in the 3rd

• Upvote 3

According to you
Really, no guarantees with a 3rd round pick?  95th picks arent a given?  OK, should have picked one of those cant miss, pussy type picks.  Cant make it up, complain he takes the top rated pick, its easy, complain the 2 3rd round picks have risk involved with them. 
They were solid picks at where they were taken.  Like every other pick in the 3rd
They knock the first pick for playing it safe, then knock the second pick because he might bust but has great upside.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I do not believe that the best writers were not aware of this prior to this date. This is too big to keep under wraps. And none of them are saying it’s true.  And I don’t care who their loyalties are to, this is too big to block. I’m starting to think it’s not true

Who are “the best writers”?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Picking a DT at 3 was a big mistake. The 2 other guys he drafted have big risks involved as well. This team signed an ILB for $17 million per year after just signing one last year. Then ignored the Center position and left a gaping hole there. This offseason has been far from good.

What did you want him to do? Take substantially less from a team willing to trade up to the 3rd overall pick. Or did you want him to reach for another particular position of need at the No. 3 overall pick? Tell me what you would have done differently. There is no magic wand Mike Maccagnan can wave to make a team give him a haul of draft picks back to move down in the draft. As soon as the Arizona Cardinals selected Kyler Murray the Jets were locked in at the 3rd overall pick. I'm also glad Mac didn't rob Peter to pay Paul just to get back in the 2nd round. The Jets will have all of their draft picks in the 2020 Draft. I think Mac has done particularly well with the ammo he's had in this draft thus far.

• Upvote 1

So are we saying that theoretically Macc made the decision to hire Gase as his HC and then after getting the job Gase decides to stab him in the back plots to get him out and get his own choice for GM.  So that basically he controls all personnel moves.  

35 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

How so? Nobody with any kind if credibility is saying this story is true. It's likely fabricated drama by someone with an axe to grind. People who want this story to be true will believe it. I'm blown away by the attention it's received on this board. 

Are you new here?

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

This is my Christmas morning. Come on, Gase. Don’t let a wounded dog like Maccagnan get off the mat. You have him down, he’s not helping you with this draft, and public sentiment is on your side (except for three bizarre homers on this website). DRIVE THE SPEAR OBERYN

But we need more wounded dawgs.

39 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

According to you

I didn't say the 3rd round picks were bad picks. I said they are risky. Do some research on both guys and you'll understand why.

Quinnen may be great but it was the wrong pick at the wrong time for this organization. The reasons have been gone over a million times so there is no need to re-hash it all over again.

And draft grades are meaningless right now. If you think draft grades matter at all right now then I don't know what to tell you.

51 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I think it's just wild speculation run amok. I believe the source of all of it has been Tony Pauline and Chris Nimbly echoing it. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

What did you want him to do? Take substantially less from a team willing to trade up to the 3rd overall pick. Or did you want him to reach for another particular position of need at the No. 3 overall pick? Tell me what you would have done differently. There is no magic wand Mike Maccagnan can wave to make a team give him a haul of draft picks back to move down in the draft. As soon as the Arizona Cardinals selected Kyler Murray the Jets were locked in at the 3rd overall pick. I'm also glad Mac didn't rob Peter to pay Paul just to get back in the 2nd round. The Jets will have all of their draft picks in the 2020 Draft. I think Mac has done particularly well with the ammo he's had in this draft thus far.

They were better off taking Jonah then Quinnen at 3. He would've been much more valuable to this teams and Darnold's success than Quinnen. And, if you didn't know, this teams success is directly dependent on the success of Darnold, not the defense.

And I would've taken less to move back knowing the quality of players that were going to be available in the 2nd. That 2nd round pick would've been very very impactful for this teams future and Macc sh*t the bed.

3 minutes ago, freestater said:

I think it's just wild speculation run amok. I believe the source of all of it has been Tony Pauline and Chris Nimbly echoing it. 

The national media have picked it up and found their own sources. It's beyond the guys you all keep dismissing.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rammagen said:

wasnt the biggest FA splash Bell?  Macc did get him a jewel

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

You reposted a tweet that said IF THERE IS SOME SORT OF CHANGE.  

How a IF translate to legit?  All he's talking about is a possible GM candidate, nothing more.

Question.  If this was aGasr power play, if he was behind this, why would we go out and get a different GM?  How does that give Gase power?  None of this makes sense.

I am saying that it seems legit because people are actually floating names of potential candidates and saying that this has been looked at for a while.  It just seems to be gaining traction.  There were rumors before the draft that some front office shake ups might happen immediately afterwards. No teams were specifically mentioned. Then we start to hear about the situation with the Jets. Just seeing several things start to line up here.