Gase Forcing Macc Out

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Jets suck and this draft absolutely buried them for the foreseeable future but, my friends, this thread is giving me LIFE. I feel like we should rent a cabana and just chill on a beach around a giant bonfire until Macc is whacked because literally nothing else matters. 

Will clothing be optional, on said beach gathering? Asking for a friend.

5 hours ago, tdoublee said:

Very embarrassing. As much as folks may want Mac gone, the timing of these rumors couldn't be much worse.

So once again Gase is rumored to have issues with his front office, and this time he hasn't even coached a game yet.

Johnsons need to grow a pair and take control of this BS.

What do you want the johnsons to do ?

start tweeting out “fake news”?

Bottom line is that Gase doesn't have enough equity with the Jets to cause Mac to be fired, but he can be another straw on the camel's back along with the litany of Macs piss poor draft selections and free agent signings. If Johnson is now seriously looking to finally $hit can Mac, look no further than Team Darnold. I guarantee his agent is pissed after watching a draft where the GM did nothing that helps Darnold fulfill his potential.

• Upvote 2

“I think Adam and I have worked very well together,” Maccagnan said. “I’m sure, like in any process, there are times when we have different opinions on a player. From my standpoint, I’ve actually had a very good working relationship with Adam. Quite frankly, he has a very good sense of humor and he makes me laugh quite a bit, which is one of the things I really like about working with him.”

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Bottom line is that Gase doesn't have enough equity with the Jets to cause Mac to be fired, but he can be another straw on the camel's back along with the litany of Macs piss poor draft selections and free agent signings. If Johnson is now seriously looking to finally $hit can Mac, look no further than Team Darnold. I guarantee his agent is pissed after watching a draft where the GM did nothing that helps Darnold fulfill his potential.

Interesting point, but this is sh*tty WR class; and the Jets did pick up Lev Bell and Jamison Crowder in free agency.  Would put the Jets receivers and passing game in top half of NFL right now... Enunwa, Anderson, Crowder, Herndon, and Lev Bell?  If they stay healthy, that’s a pretty good lineup.

4 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

Interesting point, but this is sh*tty WR class; and the Jets did pick up Lev Bell and Jamison Crowder in free agency.  Would put the Jets receivers and passing game in top half of NFL right now... Enunwa, Anderson, Crowder, Herndon, and Lev Bell?  If they stay healthy, that’s a pretty good lineup.

Where do you put the O line?  Or, more particularly, the most important O lineman, the Center?

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is my Christmas morning. Come on, Gase. Don’t let a wounded dog like Maccagnan get off the mat. You have him down, he’s not helping you with this draft, and public sentiment is on your side (except for three bizarre homers on this website). DRIVE THE SPEAR OBERYN

Related image

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is my Christmas morning. Come on, Gase. Don’t let a wounded dog like Maccagnan get off the mat. You have him down, he’s not helping you with this draft, and public sentiment is on your side (except for three bizarre homers on this website). DRIVE THE SPEAR OBERYN

Lol it's hardly been talked about in the public. It's been the Daniel Jones and Gettleman show

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

giphy.gif

You know what was real weird? The Jets cancelled the stream of the after draft presser. Then, when they posted it they scrubbed out the parts where the beat guys asked him about his relationship with Gase and his job security. Freaking transparent like it wouldn't be noticeable they did that.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jetsbb said:

You know what was real weird? The Jets cancelled the stream of the after draft presser. Then, when they posted it they scrubbed out the parts where the beat guys asked him about his relationship with Gase and his job security. Freaking transparent like it wouldn't be noticeable they did that.

LOL PR people. Giants did the same with Eli cancelling his spot with Mike. They sent him a note that he was "taking a break" and Francesa laughed at it on air

• Upvote 2

There is no story here, folks. Maccagnan is actually good and nobody can get Adam Gase in front of a camera during the NFL’s most high-profile offseason multi-day event because he’s very, very busy and possibly has a cold sore on his lip, so, uh, move along 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Christmas?? I thought Marxists were atheist??

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Well if you haven’t noticed, everything that the Jets attempt to stream on there website ends up being a production disaster. 

15 hours ago, rammagen said:

I think gase needs to change his tune he came here knew the deal from the get go and pulls this crap.....that is not Macs fault no matter how much you htae him

OR

Gase came here with the understanding that - even after surrendering the ability to hire his own DC like every HC (experienced HC at that) gets - they'd go after certain players and certain types of players so Gase could show his W/L in Miami was a mirage, and then when push came to shove Maccagnan again did what Maccagnan does. 

I'm still unconvinced Gase is some coaching savant as some have made him out to be, and he absolutely comes across as a hotheaded hardon. Still, from the above standpoint, Gase is the one who got stabbed in the back. You don't hire a guy by making certain assurances as far as what's valued and wanted in FA and the draft, and then go back on them in the first off-season. 

Also no doubt if the biggest FA splash was an ILB and the top pick was used on another DT without the necessary coaching change then all the premium resources again devoted to the D would have fallen on the coach. It's always been Maccagnan.

This is a prime example why they both needed to go, not just one of them.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

OR

Gase came here with the understanding that - even after surrendering the ability to hire his own DC like every HC (experienced HC at that) gets - they'd go after certain players and certain types of players so Gase could show his W/L in Miami was a mirage, and then when push came to shove Maccagnan again did what Maccagnan does. 

I'm still unconvinced Gase is some coaching savant as some have made him out to be, and he absolutely comes across as a hotheaded hardon. Still, from the above standpoint, Gase is the one who got stabbed in the back. You don't hire a guy by making certain assurances as far as what's valued and wanted in FA and the draft, and then go back on them in the first off-season. 

Also no doubt if the biggest FA splash was an ILB and the top pick was used on another DT without the necessary coaching change then all the premium resources again devoted to the D would have fallen on the coach. It's always been Maccagnan.

This is a prime example why they both needed to go, not just one of them.

Yes but have you SEEN Jachai Polite’s instagram? 

• Haha 1