Which of these NY Sports teams has the brightest future

NY/NJ team future power rankings

1. Yankees - could win a title this year and any of the next few years.
  2. Nets - playoff team this past year, and if they land any big fish, could contend to *win* the eastern conference.
  3. Islanders - playoff team, good GM and coach in place, budding star at center
  4. Rangers - a dumpster fire prior to sort of winning the lottery and pulling off the Trouba heist.  Adding Trouba, Kakko, and likely a FA will make them a borderline playoff team (unfortunately).
  5. Jets - borderline playoff team if all breaks right. It appears their franchise QB and a relatively competent front office :: knocks on all wood :: finally in place.
  6. Devils - all depends on whether Taylor Hall re-signs, which depends on whether they make any quality moves in the FA / trade market. If they do all that, they're a perennial playoff contender. If they don't, they have to burn it down again and start over with Hughes and Nico.
  7. Giants - Dave Gettleman is as much of a world class talent evaluator as SAR I is a one percenter.
  8. Mets - further proving the point that young hitting trumps young pitching. The Mets aren't awful (save for Callaway, who is awful), but they appear to be constantly treading water and nowhere close to a playoff spot.
  9. Knicks - the Knicks are in as good of shape as Kevin Durant's achilles, but probably won't rebound as well in 2020-21.
  • Upvote 2

Just now, nj meadowlands said:

Nets - playoff team this past year, and if they land any big fish, could contend to *win* the eastern conference.

Chill. Raptors? Bucks? 76ers? Celtics? 

They ain’t doing better than any of these teams even with another star and Kyrie is a bum.??‍♂️

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Chill. Raptors? Bucks? 76ers? Celtics? 

They ain’t doing better than any of these teams even with another star and Kyrie is a bum.??‍♂️

If Kawhi leaves (50/50) the Raptors are cooked. The Bucks are good but not invincible. The 76ers are choke artist bums and the Celtics will be miserable next year.

If the Nets have the right offseason (my preference would be DLo, Butler, Horford), they can absolutely be in the ECF.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

If Kawhi leaves (50/50) the Raptors are cooked. The Bucks are good but not invincible. The 76ers are choke artist bums and the Celtics will be miserable next year.

If the Nets have the right offseason (my preference would be DLo, Butler, Horford), they can absolutely be in the ECF.

No way man. You’re just being biased lmao. Kawhi just enrolled his daughter in school in Toronto. The Bucks will KILL the Nets and even though the 76ers choke they will still kill the Nets. The Celtics lose Kyrie(which is a plus) and they probably gain D-Lo...plus Jayson Tatum and Jaylon Brown aren’t slackers, they pushed Bron to a game 7 in the ECF as rookies.

I have no horse in this race. I’m a Portland Trail Blazer fan (RIPCITTYYYY) but I just don’t see the Nets doing better than 4th or 5th seed...at their best. They don’t have it yet. Crowder would be nice for them. They need a big man who can do a little of everything but I gotta see what happens with D-Lo first... and Butler is a locker room cancer.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

No way man. You’re just being biased lmao. Kawhi just enrolled his daughter in school in Toronto. The Bucks will KILL the Nets and even though the 76ers choke they will still kill the Nets. The Celtics lose Kyrie(which is a plus) and they probably gain D-Lo...plus Jayson Tatum and Jaylon Brown aren’t slackers, they pushed Bron to a game 7 in the ECF as rookies.

I have no horse in this race. I’m a Portland Trail Blazer fan (RIPCITTYYYY) but I just don’t see the Nets doing better than 4th or 5th seed...at their best. They don’t have it yet. Crowder would be nice for them. They need a big man who can do a little of everything but I gotta see what happens with D-Lo first...

Thanks for the hard hitting analysis.

3 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Mets, Knicks, Jets, Giants?

Who gets it turned around the fastest. 

I’ll go with the Giants because of Gettlemans track record (7 Super Bowls).

The Knicks took a calculated risk in trading KP and it backfires

The Mets have a great young core, but still a lot of holes on the roster and their owners don’t like to spend money

The Jets success exclusively depends on how good Sam Darnold is. I don’t think he will be as good as fans make him out to be (hope I’m wrong there), because Dave Gettleman is a world class talent evaluator and passed on him. 

The Giants will have a ton of draft picks, cap room, and a franchise QB in Jones who doesn’t need to be a savior the same way Darnold does. 

I was willing to give ya the benefit of the doubt.......right up until that line.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’m going with the Celtics as the team he picks if he leaves...and I use to think DLo sucked...

But He really don’t bro. He’s tall enough to grab boards easier than most PG’s, he’s obviously not a volume shooter but he can score from anywhere on the court and he’s ability to pass is probably the best thing about him. He’s developed nicely and still only 22 years old.

But I don’t like the situation regardless because Kyrie is not a leader and he can’t lead a team deep into the playoffs. Kyrie went out saaaad this year when they got 4-1’d. They made it further the year before with 19 year old rookies lol.

1 hour ago, nj meadowlands said:

This is not true

Ohhhh, peep these spankin’ new Nets fan/experts. 

4 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

I’ll go with the Giants because of Gettlemans track record (7 Super Bowls).

[..]

The Giants will have a ton of draft picks, cap room, and a franchise QB in Jones who doesn’t need to be a savior the same way Darnold does. 

Just come out of the closet, jint fan. You're fooling no one. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

They’ll **** it up once they sign Kyrie Irving. They finally get a young stud PG in DLo and now they wanna **** it up by moving one to shooting guard. 

DLo is NOT a shooting guard. His style of play tells you that he’s better suited being a playmaker. That’s his game. Dishing the ball out and scoring when he gets the chance. Being 6’5 doesn’t mean throw him at 2 guard.

whatever the nets are goin to mess this up. 

Im going with the Jets right now.

Not if Kyrie brings in a 2nd guy with him. There's a legit change we can get Kyrie and KD.

I'd still give KD the max even with the torn achilles

Giants average  a super bowl  every 10 years, and playoffs every 2.7.. it' a given they'll do well relatively  soon. 

You think the knicks screwed up, but they didnt. Whether it's a year from now or sooner,  Zion or someone  else big time, will end up there. Zion won't  remain a Pelican if the script is that  he's the next big thing.

• Upvote 1

Mets are a mess and hired an agent to be their GM. Their bid to win now was a huge failure. Alonso is a stud and they still have good starting pitching but the bullpen is a disaster despite all the money they poured into it and they still seem to be crippled by injuries every single year.

Before the Durant injury I might have said Knicks but now even in the rosiest of scenarios they're probably a ways away. It kind of, sort of seems like they're on the right track and doing this the right way but it's hard to have too much faith in any Knicks regime until they prove it.

I kind of like what the Giants are doing on offense but their defense should be terrible and I'm not a believe in Daniel Jones. Gettleman is a boob.

I think I'd pick the Jets by default almost just because I believe in Darnold and Douglas.

On 6/20/2019 at 11:54 AM, Icer said:

Never the Mets with Fred Coupon as the owner. As much sh*t as people here give Woody and CJ, at least they have the money to fund their operation

The contract negotiations with Phil Regan got very testy over the Mets refusing to pick up his Medicare Part B copayment, offered him $1 million deferred until 2087 and  some old stock certificates they had in the bottom of a Jeff's linen closet instead. 

If they were serious, Buck Showalter and Roger McDowell are not working right now. Not saying they would be World Series worthy the next day, but either would bring a serious dose of much-needed professionalism to their rinky dink operation. 

1. Yankees - easily (though I dislike them)
  2. Rangers - I feel like they’re really rebuilding the right way. 
  3. Devils - Hughes is going to be a star 
  4. Jets -  A lot depends on Darnold and now Joe D and Gase.  But they seem to be really steadying the ship 
  5. Isles - as long as Lamoriello stays with the franchise they’ll be on their way
  6. Nets - NBA is easy to improve if you play your cards right but it can be difficult to win a title unless the superstars choose your team in FA (eg Lebron with Miami/Cleveland and Durant with GS) 
  7. Knicks - Of course, KD gets hurt right before FA.  They still have a lot of cap room but they must spend wisely and be patient rather than try to quick fix. 
  8. Giants - I feel like they’re still bottoming out right now.  If management is smart they can turn things around in a couple of years though. We’ll see about Daniel Jones. 
  9. Mets - inept ownership.  They push the GM to “go for it” yet they won’t spend money.  Baseball is getting younger and younger yet the Mets commit to Robinson Cano for 5 years, starting at age (I think) 36. 
  • Upvote 1