Polite cut

AbstraKt

4 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I know we might not have ended up with Douglas if we fired Mac after the season -- but this is exactly why letting a guy run your draft and then firing him immediately after is idiotic and dysfunctional.

I disagree. 

The timing was actually logical.  It allows Douglas to assemble his new staff a full year before the next draft to begin the scouting process instead of cramming in a few months from January to April.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

I disagree. 

The timing was actually logical.  It allows Douglas to assemble his new staff a full year before the next draft to begin the scouting process instead of cramming in a few months from January to April.

I mean, in that scenario he just keeps on most of the scouts and then fires them after the draft. That's how it usually works.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

And for the record, I laughed at this pick when it happened in the draft thread and while I never said he was a good pick or going to be a good player, the homer in me couldnt help but root for him.

Did he show enough character problems at Florida that being cut in his first year was even possible?

Just now, JiF said:

I cant remember who I was asking for at the Polite pick, I feel like it was Henderson because Hurd went right before Polite. Or was it Hakeem Butler?   I think it was Butler. 

Mac selected him ahead of Winkovich who tested well, had excellent character and played the exact same position.  

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It does when they play the same position and we drafted the wrong guy.

And there were plenty of other players who play the same position drafted.  

As soon as the Pats picked one the black cloud crew stepped up their oh no posts.  

The point should be we picked a bad player who couldnt cut it, not who the Pats picked.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, BCJet said:

Did he show enough character problems at Florida that being cut in his first year was even possible?

He did after he left Florida obviously with the sh*t show he had at the combine/proday...but no, not at school.  He was a captain for numerous games and was the offseason champion on D.  

2 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Mac selected him ahead of Winkovich who tested well, had excellent character and played the exact same position.  

Yeah.  Mac sucked donkey dick.  I think I was thinking offense the whole way though at that point, personally.

Just now, JiF said:

He did after he left Florida obviously with the sh*t show he had at the combine/proday...but no, not at school.  He was a captain for numerous games and was the offseason champion on D.  

what happened????? ugh...at one point i thought he was the best pass rusher in the country.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

Also, it is terrible that the Jets had a high 3rd round pick in 2018 and 2019 who have been busts (I think Nathan Shepard is a bust and may be cut at some point).  Those are premium picks that have been wasted.

Welcome to NY. You can leave your draft capital at the door. We’ll be sure to spend it on DTs while you go over pay for the two easiest positions to draft. 

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The pats obsession continues.  

Because somehow whatever Winovich becomes has anything to do with Polite being abust or not.

Obsession? You dont think Winovich being the pick right after Polite is even a bigger miss of a pick? **** the Pats, if any other team drafted Winovich or anyother good prospect that played the same position as Polite with the pick directly after Polite than i'd be comparing them as well. Seems like you have the Pats obsession. I could care less who they draft, they usually don't draft well but Winovich looks good.

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

I cant remember who I was asking for at the Polite pick, I feel like it was Henderson because Hurd went right before Polite. Or was it Hakeem Butler?   I think it was Butler. 

Cardinals took Butler with the 1st pick of the 3rd round if i remember correctly. The guy I wanted was either Michael Jordan (Guard) or Montgomery(Bears Rb)

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

At least you’re not @Jet Nut, who’s still digesting all the dick he had to eat when Maccagnan got fired and now he’s got another full plate of dick in front of him to mangia upon. #mangia

All the dick I had to eat?

Who do you hang out with that if you make a mistake you eat dick?  

Especially when its over Macc getting fired, who thought it was never a possibilty

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Geez.  Would never happen if he was drafted by douglas but regardless, what a waste.  This guy must have been worse then we can imagine.

the guy must have been slow on top of being dumb on top of being stupid....how do u cut him after a month in any other universe??