Polite cut

AbstraKt

19 minutes ago, Pac said:

Q, Edoga, Cashman all playing well..

Not sure where Wesco is but seems to be doing ok.

Austin a mystery but could be a great pick once fully recovered.

The draft has had 1 bust assuming Polite isn't brought back on the PS.  If people want to pretend it's the worst draft ever that's on them.

Dude. The fact that we can even make that statement before week says everything you need to - to illustrate how poor the decision making was. 

I will eat anyone alive who tries to defend Macc's draft practices. 

On 8/23/2019 at 11:59 PM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Cimini is a master troll and he knows exactly how to rile you guys up. Polite is a lock for the roster.. Whether he is good or not, who knows. But lol at you guys buying into this nonsense.

Lol

I’m revoking your JN finger wagging and soap box privileges for 3 months, just as soon as I can dig up my admin panel password. Until then you’re on the honor system: no finger wagging and climb back down with the rest of us.

;) 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

We all saw it during the games, polite was terrible and did not look like he belonged out there. The positive here is the FO did not keep a player that didn’t belong. Guys that made plays like basham and Phillips made the team (for now) regardless of draft position. Guys that can play should stay. Hopefully no more garbage like keeping hackenberg for years, or cutting Danny wood head to keep McKnight, etc.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

I dont know what you've seen from Stidham to make you think this.   I see a career backup at best.

He is smallish.  His arm talent is mediocre, which by itself is not a death sentence in the NFL.  It can be compensated for with anticipation and intelligence.  But Stidham is a backpedaler.   He doesn't like to get hit.  Instead of stepping up into the pocket to deliver the ball when he has to, and take the upcoming shot, he quickly shuffles his feet backwards and throws off balance.

Not gonna work at the highest level.

isnt he 6'3 215? he hasnt looked smalish ever....and if you saw him play at auburn you could tell he has potential and was misused. he will be the second best QB in the AFC East no questions asked...that + BB = division wins.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Dude. The fact that we can even make that statement before week says everything you need to - to illustrate how poor the decision making was. 

I will eat anyone alive who tries to defend Macc's draft practices. 

Polite was beat out by Bashum who was a 2017 3rd round pick who the genius Ballard cut after 1 year.  Colts fans similarly called him a bust.

Sometimes these guys need time.  I'd be surprised if Polite isn't on the PS assuming he doesn't get picked up.

If he doesn't get picked up by anyone, and isn't on the PS, THEN he's truly a bust.

• Upvote 2

Polite truly earned this. He did nothing in pre-season.

Keeping him would have meant cutting a better player. This also sends the message that it doesn't matter where you came from - if you can't play, you can't play for the Jets.

Gutsy move, but the right move. I'm glad this happened, painful though it is to cut a 3rd rounder in his rookie year.

• Sympathy 2

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

Polite was beat out by Bashum who was a 2017 3rd round pick who the genius Ballard cut after 1 year.  Colts fans similarly called him a bust.

Sometimes these guys need time.  I'd be surprised if Polite isn't on the PS assuming he doesn't get picked up.

If he doesn't get picked up by anyone, and isn't on the PS, THEN he's truly a bust.

There is so much more to the Polite story, than just a struggling athlete.

He wankered the combine, blamed it on his hamstring, and literally ran out of the building in the middle of the event. He blamed his trainer or agent for his over weight shape, absolutely torpedoed every interview (except ours, go figure) and somehow.... SOMEHOW... showed up to the proday in even worse shape.

Are.You.Kidding.Me.

Fck'im. He'll never play a down in the NFL on sundays. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

He wankered the combine, blamed it on his hamstring, and literally ran out of the building in the middle of the event. He blamed his trainer or agent for his over weight shape, absolutely torpedoed every interview (except ours, go figure) and somehow.... SOMEHOW... showed up to the proday in even worse shape.

Are.You.Kidding.Me.

Sounds similar to geno 

• Upvote 1

Are.You.Kidding.Me.

Yet, he gets drafted in the 3rd rd. Hackenburg redo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Sympathy 1

the sad thing is a good amount of posters here were touting mac's drafts and his "plan" -this is another instance where fan's do know more then our sh*tty gm did-Hackenberg was beyond awful and this is another winner-all of the signs were he would suck but we reached for him and fans defended him-thankfully for the first time in a long time we may have a good gm running the show -

Just now, kmnj said:

the sad thing is a good amount of posters here were touting mac's drafts and his "plan" -this is another instance where fan's do know more then our sh*tty gm did-Hackenberg was beyond awful and this is another winner-all of the signs were he would suck but we reached for him and fans defended him-thankfully for the first time in a long time we may have a good gm running the show -

Cannot be emphasized enough how awful a reach Hackenberg was. NOBODY else was taking him until the 6th or 7th. But Coffee Boy fell in love and that was that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

Kyle Phillips is 277 and ran a 4.65 at his Pro day. He’s looks raw but shown flashes. I think we may have a better Polite In Phillips.

Thought of Phillips when I saw the Polite cut. Phillips was great the past two weeks - he earned his slot. 

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

It’s more likely he’s just a bust. Because it is the mostly likely outcome for a now cut 3rd round pick with less athleticism than is desirable for his position.

Likely?

Sounds like you’re stepping back. 

Call it now. Out of the league in 2 years and working at Walmart?

Or bounces around for 6-7 years. 

If you think he didn’t have talent then no one in the world would have pegged him as a 2-4 rounder. Which is everyone but you and that other “expert” guessed.

Come on, call it now. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Likely?

Sounds like you’re stepping back. 

Call it now. Out of the league in 2 years and working at Walmart?

Or bounces around for 6-7 years. 

If you think he didn’t have talent then no one in the world would have pegged him as a 2-4 rounder. Which is everyone but you and that other “expert” guessed.

Come on, call it now. 

I can’t guarantee he’ll seek employment at Walmart. 

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Lol

I’m revoking your JN finger wagging and soap box privileges for 3 months, just as soon as I can dig up my admin panel password. Until then you’re on the honor system: no finger wagging and climb back down with the rest of us.

;) 

SOJJ

1 hour ago, Pac said:

They're keeping the guys who perform the best regardless of draft status.  That was something Bowles and Macc struggled with so I can dig it.

I know people like playing the "look who we could have drafted" game but that's childish.  Every team whiffs in every round.  The Vikings trading a 5th rounder for a K who they just waived a couple weeks later is a bigger disaster than this...  If he's not claimed he'll probably be on the practice squad and hopefully takes this year to get right.

On the day he gets cut and conjecture becomes reality we can spend a little time on it.  Perhaps it will inform future discussion for some, Unless of course some folks are simply embarrassed by the positions that they have taken and want to hurry on to the next thing.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I thought the arm chair gms all declared that the jets would never cut him because he was a 3rd rounder?  Hmmmmm

The admitted-not-arm-chair-GMs thought it was premature. 

I never said he was a star. Just that he was a talented kid rated very highly that should be given a chance. 

He’s gone. Weird. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

He’s gone. Weird. 

Not really, it was explained over and over why he wasn't a good pick and why he wouldn't succeed at the NFL level. Even our resident Gator didn't like the pick the minute it was submitted. Some people prefer to bury their head in the sand instead of facing reality.

• Sympathy 1