Polite cut

AbstraKt

They said they couldn’t find a role for him even on special teams. The thing is with his talent can another team find a role for him even as a 3rd down pass rusher. He might just not be a 4 down type of a player. They also said the only time he looked decent at all was against 3rd stringers. It looked on Thursday like they intentionally didn’t play him much. Either because they knew they were going to cut him already and wanted to see other guys. Or they were trying to hide him so after he’s cut nobody signs him and they can PS him and see what he had and if he develops. It’ll be interesting to see if anyone picks him up for their active roster. Of course he has choice of any team’s practice squad. 

1 hour ago, Xtina said:

Doesn’t take that much courage to dump someone else’s pick 

I agree with you, and yet, I suspect there are numerous GMs around the league who would never cut a 3rd round pick before he has played a regular season game, regardless of who drafted him. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Barton said:

Power move by Douglas/Gase. Saw a dead beat and cut him.

You know the whole roster and front office is like DAMN they just our 3rd rd pick from 4 months ago. I better step by game up!

I don't see it as a power move. It was just the right move. 

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

At least you’re not @Jet Nut, who’s still digesting all the dick he had to eat when Maccagnan got fired and now he’s got another full plate of dick in front of him to mangia upon. #mangia

Meh you’re doing a victory dance because you were rooting for someone on your favorite team to fail so you could be right on the interwebz for the first time.  It’s really pathetic but yeah whatever JetNut is doing is probably pathetic too. 

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

You guys kill me with your selective amnesia.   All you would be GMs need to look in a mirror.  

Even real GMs make mistakes   The Pats have cut many high draft picks that didnt work out

BTW How much dick did you eat after saying Darnold would be a bad pick????    

image.jpeg.10dbcefc16046589ebf3386c24a21fd3.jpeg

Omg, I was just thinking, where would we be if the in the 2018 draft we heard these words....With the 2nd pick in the 2018 draft, the New York football Giants select Sam Darnold, QB, USC, lol.

We'd still have Bowles & Macc, lol. No one with a brain would want anything to do with this team. 

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

Omg, I was just thinking, where would we be if the in the 2018 draft we heard these words....With the 2nd pick in the 2018 draft, the New York football Giants select Sam Darnold, QB, USC, lol.

We'd still have Bowles & Macc, lol. No one with a brain would want anything to do with this team. 

Stop it!!!

I’m going to have nightmares!

18 minutes ago, Pac said:

Out and about...  It means the other people brought in by Macc outperformed him.  Not a great scheme fit either as we're likely to see mostly 4 3.

In short...  who cares.

So Grocery baggers outperformed Polite therefore we should celebrate the acquisition of grocery baggers?

Who cares? Anyone who values 3rd round draft picks?

2 minutes ago, EM31 said:

So Grocery baggers outperformed Polite therefore we should celebrate the acquisition of grocery baggers?

Who cares? Anyone who values 3rd round draft picks?

They're keeping the guys who perform the best regardless of draft status.  That was something Bowles and Macc struggled with so I can dig it.

I know people like playing the "look who we could have drafted" game but that's childish.  Every team whiffs in every round.  The Vikings trading a 5th rounder for a K who they just waived a couple weeks later is a bigger disaster than this...  If he's not claimed he'll probably be on the practice squad and hopefully takes this year to get right.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

They're keeping the guys who perform the best regardless of draft status.  That was something Bowles and Macc struggled with so I can dig it.

I know people like playing the "look who we could have drafted" game but that's childish.  Every team whiffs in every round.  The Vikings trading a 5th rounder for a K who they just waived a couple weeks later is a bigger disaster than this...  If he's not claimed he'll probably be on the practice squad and hopefully takes this year to get right.

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY is going to put Polite on their 53-man roster.  I just don't think we're going to put him on our PS though.  It sounds like he's an abject failure as a football player.  If only there were some indicators before the draft that this might be the case...

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY is going to put Polite on their 53-man roster.  I just don't think we're going to put him on our PS though.  It sounds like he's an abject failure as a football player.  If only there were some indicators before the draft that this might be the case...

Q, Edoga, Cashman all playing well..

Not sure where Wesco is but seems to be doing ok.

Austin a mystery but could be a great pick once fully recovered.

The draft has had 1 bust assuming Polite isn't brought back on the PS.  If people want to pretend it's the worst draft ever that's on them.

• Sympathy 1

49 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

They said they couldn’t find a role for him even on special teams. The thing is with his talent can another team find a role for him even as a 3rd down pass rusher. He might just not be a 4 down type of a player. They also said the only time he looked decent at all was against 3rd stringers. It looked on Thursday like they intentionally didn’t play him much. Either because they knew they were going to cut him already and wanted to see other guys. Or they were trying to hide him so after he’s cut nobody signs him and they can PS him and see what he had and if he develops. It’ll be interesting to see if anyone picks him up for their active roster. Of course he has choice of any team’s practice squad. 

This move also kinda worries me about Williams. You don’t take a raw pass rusher and drop into coverage constantly. Makes zero sense.