We suck again.

Jet_Engine1

7 minutes ago, RobR said:

The point is that no NT effects the actual snap. AFTER the snap he plowed in there but giving QW props for a bad snap is shortsighted. 

Also not good that the 3rd overall pick gets rotational snaps when it looked like Oliver was out there most of the game and causing havoc. QW will go down as another failed Mac pick.

It boggles my mind that he didn’t start, he should have been out there all game. That’s the only way he will get better. Also, it’s way too early to say that he will go down as another failed Mac pick. Have to let him play at least a season or two before we can say that. 

1 minute ago, K Clue said:

It boggles my mind that he didn’t start, he should have been out there all game. That’s the only way he will get better. Also, it’s way too early to say that he will go down as another failed Mac pick. Have to let him play at least a season or two before we can say that. 

Mcclendon the journeyman was better than him today. That doesn't bode well for a player many said was the best in the draft.

41 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Boo hoo it was one game. Slow your roll bunch of chicken littles

They can't help themselves, some are habitual whiners and would fine something to complain about no matter what. I'm disappointed obviously, but this is still Macs roster and it showed. Having said that, a good kicker would have made the difference today.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, RobR said:

Mcclendon the journeyman was better than him today. That doesn't bode well for a player many said was the best in the draft.

McClendon also has 10 years experience in the nfl, so I’m not too surprised he was playing better today, but it’s only game one he will get much better with the more playing time he gets. 

The good news though is that it doesn't hurt anymore, not like the way it used to. I have been saying it all summer; this Jets team is set back 3 seasons because of the sh!tty GM moves drafting letting ppl go, continually signing defensive linemen and neglecting the OL. Why would they let a pro bowl kicker go especially when there has been such a dearth of talent is baffling.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, K Clue said:

McClendon also has 10 years experience in the nfl, so I’m not too surprised he was playing better today, but it’s only game one he will get much better with the more playing time he gets. 

McClendon is the definition of a jag, albeit a well respected jag that deserves a roster spot.  I sure hope you're right about QW because I don't see it now and didn't see it when he was coming out. 

IMO a third overall pick in the draft should have easily replaced McClendon by now. It's an indictment that he hasn't been able to run away with the position and snaps.

15 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

The good news though is that it doesn't hurt anymore, not like the way it used to. I have been saying it all summer; this Jets team is set back 3 seasons because of the sh!tty GM moves drafting letting ppl go, continually signing defensive linemen and neglecting the OL. Why would they let a pro bowl kicker go especially when there has been such a dearth of talent is baffling.

MAC is like syphillis. keeps on hurting even after the medication.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

lol

I was really upset after the loss,  but I have to admit this board made me laugh.

Funny sh*t  

It's one of the gifts of getting old, sports and those teams that used to make us cry when they lost, well they don't matter anymore nor do the sports themselves matter. I could go the rest of my life without watching another game of football, baseball, or basketball and it really wouldn't bother me one bit. But hey if by some miracle of chance the Jets DO decide to become a real team again, someone let me know please. I can usually be found over on Twitter making myself depressed paying attention to politics and the tweets made by idiotic politicians and their spin doctors.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

It's one of the gifts of getting old, sports and those teams that used to make us cry when they lost, well they don't matter anymore nor do the sports themselves matter. I could go the rest of my life without watching another game of football, baseball, or basketball and it really wouldn't bother me one bit. But hey if by some miracle of chance the Jets DO decide to become a real team again, someone let me know please. I can usually be found over on Twitter making myself depressed paying attention to politics and the tweets made by idiotic politicians and their spin doctors.

Your clearly watching to much MSNBC, lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RobR said:

Did Quennin Williams play today? 

Hey, easy now. You can't expect rookies to pay dividends that quickly. We should thankful QW even saw snaps. 

Be thankful we didn't waste an early pick on a receiver. Guys like Hollywood brown take a while to get on the field. 

Just now, Paradis said:

Hey, easy now. You can't expect rookies to pay dividends that quickly. We should thankful QW even saw snaps. 

Be thankful we didn't waste an early pick on a receiver. Guys like Hollywood brown take a while to get on the field. 

LOl And yet we see guys like Oliver starting on one of the better defenses in the NFL and paying dividends today. Guy was making tackles, dropping in coverage, and blowing up our interior line. SMH

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, RobR said:

LOl And yet we see guys like Oliver starting on one of the better defenses in the NFL and paying dividends today. Guy was making tackles, dropping in coverage, and blowing up our interior line. SMH

You see the survivor pool -- SEA just squeaked out a win, would have eliminated 1/2 the pool. 

DK is looked like a beast

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

You see the survivor pool -- SEA just squeaked out a win, would have eliminated 1/2 the pool. 

DK is looked like a beast

Geez. 74 people in it this year and a few got knocked out with the Browns. Gonna be a huge payout.

EDIT Just saw 134 in the regular pool. It's gonna be some tough sledding this year and I'm not starting out on a good note. 

3 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Williams defense was the only brite spot for the day. 4 turnovers and a touchdown what more do you want? They can not stop every play and will tire out when the offense can't stay on the field just like any other defense would.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Mac effed this team good on the OL.  Not impressed with Gase.  Williams had this D ready.  I hope Vedvik is cut immediately and then released.