Here's the truth

WowOhWow

If we're being honest with ourselves - the only reason any of us like the Gase hire is because he got Macc fired and got us Douglas.

He's 13-20 in his last 33 and has now lost 4 straight.  He is not a good HC.  But he got Macc canned (thank goodness) and brought in Joe D.

He's a loser HC.  But he got Macc fired.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

If we're being honest with ourselves - the only reason any of us like the Gase hire is because he got Macc fired and got us Douglas.

He's 13-20 in his last 33 and has now lost 4 straight.  He is not a good HC.  But he got Macc canned (thank goodness) and brought in Joe D.

The alternative was the Baylor coach. 

• Haha 1

I dont think anyone likes gase.  There is nothing to like about his past head coaching term.

I think most of us are giving him the benefit of the doubt.  But a few more offensive performances like that and we will turn on him.

Even kliff kingsbury and kyle murray were able to move the ball down the field yesterday.  And neither of them ever coached or played at this level.

The gase/darnold combo was a total disaster yesterday.  I will not be behind this much longer.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JetsFanatic said:

One F*cking game and the HC sucks.  Fans are idiots sometimes.  Maybe I'm old fashioned but the players need to take responsibility.  Don't hit the QB when the play is dead and the drive is over.  Catch an interception that is in your hands. Hit a wide open receiver to win the game.  

Players deserve equal share of the blame for yesterday.

But the offensive gameplan was a joke. Played and coached scared.

Our D isn’t talented enough to win us games. I’m surprised they did as much as they did yesterday, even against a dog sh*t Buffalo offense.

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

But the offensive gameplan was a joke. Played and coached scared.

this more than anything.  we knew what we had with bowles and rex for offensive strategy, or lack of it.  we all got duped yesterday and it hurts all the more for it.

i'm beginning to wonder if gates' familarity with buffalo's D factored into the wimpy gameplan.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

I dont think anyone likes gase.  There is nothing to like about his past head coaching term.

I think most of us are giving him the benefit of the doubt.  But a few more offensive performances like that and we will turn on him.

Even kliff kingsbury and kyle murray were able to move the ball down the field yesterday.  And neither of them ever coached or played at this level.

The gase/darnold combo was a total disaster yesterday.  I will not be behind this much longer.

Completely agree. He isn’t a first time HC. He also coached in the same division and knows Buffalo’s D. His offense is supposed to be completely new and different from what he ran in Miami because of the personnel.

If we don’t have a quick turn around people will be calling for Gase’s head by week 5.

He’ll be gone by next year too if Darnold keeps looking like he did yesterday.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

this more than anything.  we knew what we had with bowles and rex for offensive strategy, or lack of it.  we all got duped yesterday and it hurts all the more for it.

i'm beginning to wonder if gates' familarity with buffalo's D factored into the wimpy gameplan.  

Clearly Gase doesn’t trust our OL yet and is still shell shocked from the ass whooping McDermott gave him in Week 17 last season.

He had to take some shots earlier, much earlier and he didn’t. 

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I don't know Gase, do you?

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Clearly Gase doesn’t trust our OL yet and is still shell shocked from the ass whooping McDermott gave him in Week 17 last season.

He had to take some shots earlier, much earlier and he didn’t. 

interesting.  last game of last season, tannehill had 2 picks, 0 tds, sacked 4 times.  i imagine this game was still fresh in his mind when devising this game plan.  figured the key was minimizing mistakes and forcing josh allen into making them.  when this game plan started working he kept it rather than go for the kill score.  

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

uhhh....the lions defense is nowhere near as good as the bills defense is. That is not apples to apples...and Kingsbury will prove to be a bum in short order. 

Just now, JetsFanatic said:

One F*cking game and the HC sucks.  Fans are idiots sometimes.  Maybe I'm old fashioned but the players need to take responsibility.  Don't hit the QB when the play is dead and the drive is over.  Catch an interception that is in your hands. Hit a wide open receiver to win the game.  

What is troubling is what we witnessed yesterday was a castration of Darnold - much like we have seen before with what Walton did to Kenny O'Brien and Rex did to Sanchez.  Walton took a great down the field thrower and made him into a dinker.  Rex took a QB who was at his best when throwing on the run and forced him to be a pocket passer.  Now Gase is taking a QB who is best throwing the ball downfield while scrambling and making him into a pocket dinker.  just great  

Just now, deucebag said:

What is troubling is what we witnessed yesterday was a castration of Darnold - much like we have seen before with what Walton did to Kenny O'Brien and Rex did to Sanchez.  Walton took a great down the field thrower and made him into a dinker.  Rex took a QB who was at his best when throwing on the run and forced him to be a pocket passer.  Now Gase is taking a QB who is best throwing the ball downfield while scrambling and making him into a pocket dinker.  just great  

yes.

1 minute ago, deucebag said:

Let's see if he adjusts Sam's play a lil, still have to be a pocket passer in the NFL. Westfield turned out some Pros :).

41 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

So far Douglass has gotten us an old center who stunk it up and a kicker who missed both his kicks. Why should I be happy about Douglass again

• Post of the Week 1

24 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

except Gase has sucked as a HC for years now.  It's not just one game.  

20 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Completely agree. He isn’t a first time HC. He also coached in the same division and knows Buffalo’s D. His offense is supposed to be completely new and different from what he ran in Miami because of the personnel.

If we don’t have a quick turn around people will be calling for Gase’s head by week 5.

He’ll be gone by next year too if Darnold keeps looking like he did yesterday.

Well with our schedule being:

Browns, Pats, Eagles, Cowboys,Pats for the next 5 games, it looks like people will be calling for Gase’s Head. ?

• Sympathy 1