AB Accused Of Sexual Assault (MERGED)

Grandy

That’s not what it sounds like to me.  he is equating college with consensual sex , that’s ridiculous  Sounds just like  Brock Turner thinking 

Are you really that dumb? Someone had tried to equate Edelman’s messing around with willing young women to Brown’s alleged behavior. I was pointing out the difference. Did someone accuse Edelman of rape? Because if they did I didn’t hear about it.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It sounds fishy to me too and I fully agree with your point that lying about this (not saying she is) should cause the same penalty that the guy would’ve faced. Innocent until proven guilty is there for a reason. 

Did you ever see the ESPN 30 for 30 on the Duke lacrosse story?  I think it’s calles “Fantastic Lies”.  It’s one of the best episodes in the entire series. 

Did you read the book? Even better.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It sounds fishy to me too and I fully agree with your point that lying about this (not saying I’m certain she is) should cause the same penalty that the guy would’ve faced. Innocent until proven guilty is there for good reason. 

Did you ever see the ESPN 30 for 30 on the Duke lacrosse story?  I think it’s called “Fantastic Lies”.  It’s one of the best episodes in the entire series. 

Na, I didnt see the Duke story. I'll see if I can find it on youtube. 

I guess we'll see how this AB situation goes. 

This fame life is a trap.

8 hours ago, Xtina said:

So you’re saying you did NOT avoid your childhood priest? Could not?

Good for you for having that luxury and not depending on them for your livelihood  

Not comparable. You do what you have to do to survive. See what Harvey Weinstein did to Ashley Judd’s career. See her in any movies lately? 

Couldn’t, Father Phil McCracken was very agile for his age. 

If these texts are authentic about him masturbating and finishing on her back, he has to be suspended or at the very least go on the commissioner exempt list. Goodell is going to have to resign if he let's him okay and he's  guilty of this. The Pat's don't  care. This is just another team that would fine him for missing practice but sexually assaulting someone is ok. 

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think it's on Netflix if you have that.  It's definitely worth checking out.

Yeah I do. I'll check it out since it's not on YT. 

I remember hearing about this situation when it occurred, but more in passing. It was a big deal at the time. I dont watch much TV outside of football, but it was hard not to hear about this when it occurred. I never knew what happened in the case though. 

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

3 occasions....  please.    

Code for gold digger 

I think some (though not all!) of the women who accused Harvey Weinstein are like this too.  I still think Weinstein raped some women btw and is a POS who needs to go to trial.  But I do think some of those women knew what the deal was (sex for roles) and chose to accept the deal before later saying "MeToo".  Those women I don't have much sympathy for.

10 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Why the Pats wanted to deal with this still doesn’t make much sense. It’s not like they needed him.

Goodell told Kraft and Belicheat he could arrange for them to get a top 3 WR

They have dealt with worse (Moss, Seau)

It’s not rocket science 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Yeah I do. I'll check it out since it's not on YT. 

I remember hearing about this situation when it occurred, but more in passing. It was a big deal at the time. I dont watch much TV outside of football, but it was hard not to hear about this when it occurred. I never knew what happened in the case though. 

That will make it even better.  I had pretty much forgotten the details about the case (I also only followed it in passing) and it made the documentary better.

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think some (though not all!) of the women who accused Harvey Weinstein are like this too.  I still think Weinstein raped some women btw and is a POS who needs to go to trial.  But I do think some of those women knew what the deal was (sex for roles) and chose to accept the deal before later saying "MeToo".  Those women I don't have much sympathy for.

You think the women who blew Weinstein and became movie stars making $5 million a picture would rather be waitressing at Applebee’s having never met him?

3 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

If I’m assaulted I’m going to to cops.

Ok, but not relevant here. Who is to say how anyone would react to something so terrible happenning particularly with the power dynamic involved and media circus to follow.

That being said, I'm not assuming he's guilty. I do believe in due process. The whole "I would've done x so she must be lying" is poor thinking

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

My conspiracy side also makes me feel like this conveniently comes out after AB embarrassed a multi-billion dollar organization. The rape is said to have happened over a year ago. Who claims rape, but instead of going to police, goes to a lawyer and the NFL?  Folks looking to get paid or to ruin a person's image. 

But it hurts the pats, who most people think are the ultimate insiders on the whole conspiracy game

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

3 occasions....  please.    

Code for gold digger 

It really does sound like it. Also for the fact that this is a civil lawsuit and no criminal charges have been issued. Seriously, who does that? 

Who would claim sexual assault and/or rape and the first thing they want to do is lawyer up to seek a civil lawsuit...let alone wait a year-plus after the alleged assaults occurred so any physical evidence they would have which would help in a criminal suit is obviously gone. 

Sounds like bullsh*t. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

Big difference between screwing college girls and raping people.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Believe me: the only difference is how the police handle the situation and how much external pressure to drop it falls on the victim. Boston sports stars are untouchable in Boston. Especially white ones.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, JetPotato said:

Believe me: the only difference is how the police handle the situation and how much external pressure to drop it falls on the victim. Boston sports stars are untouchable in Boston. Especially white ones.

Not the place for any political stuff.

11 minutes ago, CTM said:

But it hurts the pats, who most people think are the ultimate insiders on the whole conspiracy game

No it won’t 

Goodell won’t suspend Brown for this.  Not after arranging for Brown to be a patriot

And the Pat-loving media will let blow over

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

I have no idea of what went down. However, I would think that if she was raped in the manner she claims, she would go to the police prior to filing a lawsuit. 

Look, AB will pay her off with a settlement, won’t get suspended and will catch 12-15 touchdowns from Brady while leaving Gordon in man to man all year where he will violate Defenses

The NFL sucks

8 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I think he's saying there's a difference be consensual sex between willing participants and nonconsensual rape of an unwilling participant.  And he's absolutely right.  But what was done to that woman, if true, is despicable and whether she continued to work for him or not doesn't matter.  This is 100% on Brown and he should face all the consequences he deserves, including criminal in my opinion.

Just because she went back to work for him, initially forgave him or gave him a second chance doesn't matter.  To me it looks like he committed 3 crimes against her and then was stupid enough to write in an email what he did.

Patriots deserve all of this by the way.

Brown better hope he gets Kraft's lawyer and not Aaron Hernandez's.  Actually, they probably have a whole group of lawyers on staff up there in Foxborough for these things.

Don't like the guy, nor the Pats. But if she continued to work with him after this, the story makes no sense. She never went to the local police, so there is no medical rape kit done by any ER doctor. I understand some rape counselors will explain that away, but a jury is not going to buy that. What does make sense; her attorneys disclosed this with great fanfare on the very day the Raiders" $50 million guaranteed contract had been scheduled to vest.

3 hours ago, GreenFish said:

She was raped on 3 separate occasions????? I’m just trying to understand how that happens. I got to imagine you would want to stay away from him after the first rape.

3 hours ago, jgb said:

How do you get raped three times by the same person? I know blaming the victim is wrong but whatever happened to fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me?

Happens way more than you’d care to know.  Others not believing you, or minimizing it, just as you are seeing here, is one of the many reasons why.

• Upvote 3

This just keeps getting better....

https://www.tsn.ca/antonio-brown-accused-of-rape-by-former-trainer-1.1363639

New England Patriots wide receiver

has been accused of rape by a former trainer.

Britney Taylor says Brown sexually assaulted her on three occasions, according to a lawsuit filed Tuesday in the Southern District of Florida.

Brown has denied the allegations. Darren Heitner, a lawyer representing Brown, told The Associated Press his client plans to countersue.

"He will pursue all legal remedies to not only clear his name, but to also protect other professional athletes against false accusations," Heitner said in a statement.

Heitner said Brown and Taylor had "a consensual personal relationship."

The New York Times first reported about the lawsuit.

The AP does not ordinarily name the alleged victims of sex assaults, but Taylor was identified in the federal lawsuit and was quoted in a statement provided by her lawyer, David Haas.

"As a rape victim of

, deciding to speak out has been an incredibly difficult decision," Taylor said. "I have found strength in my faith, my family, and from the accounts of other survivors of sexual assault. Speaking out removes the shame that I have felt for the past year and places it on the person responsible for my rape."

Taylor also said in the statement she will co-operate with the NFL and any other agencies.

A spokesman for the NFL declined comment, but the Patriots said the league told the team it will launch an investigation.

"We are aware of the civil lawsuit that was filed earlier today against

, as well as the response by Antonio's representatives," the Patriots said in a statement. "We take these allegations very seriously. Under no circumstance does this organization condone sexual violence or assault. The league has informed us that they will be investigating. We will have no further comment while that investigation takes place."

The 31-year-old Brown, a Miami native, was released by Oakland last week after clashing with the team throughout training camp. He agreed to a contract with New England on Saturday, but has yet to play for the Patriots.

Brown and Taylor met through a Fellowship of Christian Athletes group at Central Michigan University, according to the suit.

Taylor said Brown reached out to her via Facebook in June 2017 and asked the former gymnast for help with improving his strength and flexibility.

According to the lawsuit, Taylor was sexually assaulted by Brown on separate training trips to Pittsburgh and Florida that same month. The suit includes what it says are text messages from Brown bragging about the second assault.

Taylor says in the suit she then cut off ties with Brown. But she agreed to work with him again after she says he apologized and agreed to provide hotel accommodations for each training trip.

According to the lawsuit, Taylor and Brown were in Miami in May 2018 when he raped her in a bedroom at his home. Taylor says she shouted "no" and "stop," but Brown refused.

Heitner said in his statement Taylor invited herself to join Brown and his friends on a night out on the town, and then came on to Brown before they engaged in consensual sex at his residence.

Brown was approached by Taylor in 2017, according to Heitner, about making a $1.6 million investment in a business project. But he declined.

Heitner said Taylor reached out to Brown again last year, and she travelled to his residences on multiple occasions. Heitner said she asked for tickets to a Pittsburgh Steelers game.

"Mr. Brown, whose hard work and dedication to his craft has allowed him to rise to the top of his profession, refuses to be the victim of what he believes to be a money grab," Heitner said in his statement.

Brown was originally traded from Pittsburgh to Oakland in the off-season. But a bizarre foot injury, fight with the NFL over his helmet, skipped practices, multiple fines, a run-in with general manager Mike Mayock and his social media posts ultimately led to the decision to release him.

Brown agreed to a deal with the defending Super Bowl champions hours after the Raiders let him go, granting his request.

• Thumb Down 1

15 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Don't like the guy, nor the Pats. But if she continued to work with him after this, the story makes no sense. She never went to the local police, so there is no medical rape kit done by any ER doctor. I understand some rape counselors will explain that away, but a jury is not going to buy that. What does make sense; her attorneys disclosed this with great fanfare on the very day the Raiders" $50 million guaranteed contract had been scheduled to vest.

“Look, I get he’s kind of a creep, but he was just messing around.  Don’t cut off ties over this... you could use the work.  He’s going to be a big star, who knows where this could lead for you.  You could use the money and the connections.  Better off just keeping quiet.  Plus, it’s gross, but it’s not like you actually got hurt.  I’m sure it won’t happen again”

”Are you sure you didn’t lead him on?  I’ve seen the way you are with him.  Probably just a misunderstanding.  Do you really want to ruin his life over this.  It’s going to be your word versus his anyway.  You probably shouldn’t go to the police.  Did you do anything to make him think you were into it?”

• Upvote 1