AB Accused Of Sexual Assault (MERGED)

Grandy

4 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Emphasis on due. This is a civil suit, not a criminal case. The presumption of innocence and a standard of proof beyond reasonable doubt is not process to which Brown is entitled here. The plaintiff only needs to prove her case by a preponderance of the evidence (essentially, more likely than not) and Boomin better have my money.

This is of course one of any number of perfectly good explanations as to why a victim might not file criminal charges but still pursue civil redress. The different legal standards involved are going to lead to O.J. outcomes in a broad range of situations.

Indeed, in all likelihood, there's almost no way she could prove this criminally at this point.  It's hard enough to prove the next day, so far as I've come to understand.  That doesn't change the very binary, it happened or it did not happen, of course, despite what everyone seems to think innocent until proven guilty means.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

And without getting political, it's really sad that this is, in any way, something that could get political.  

It only ever gets political.

Have seen a few of these threads on other forums. Whether it's Ched Evans, Paddy Jackson or Cristiano Ronaldo they all go the same way. Anonymous internet users play private detective and speculate wildly on something they have no idea about. Usually with the emphasis on attacking the alleged victim's story when they don't follow the classic rape victim route, whatever the hell that is.

Why I advised Max to close the thread. Hilariously I could told you at least two of the posters who would ridicule her before they done so. 

There is no defending ab in this if true but the story does not make sense to me. If there was a person pleasuring themself behind me and I wanted nothing to do with it I would leave before they were able to ejaculate on my back. I certainly would not continue to work for that person. The flip side to this is if ab felt that he were guilty why would he not just pay this girl off? She isn't asking for much and now this is turning into a big thing. There may be more to the story.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

It only ever gets political.

Have seen a few of these threads on other forums. Whether it's Ched Evans, Paddy Jackson or Cristiano Ronaldo they all go the same way. Anonymous internet users play private detective and speculate wildly on something they have no idea about. Usually with the emphasis on attacking the alleged victim's story when they don't follow the classic rape victim route, whatever the hell that is.

Why I advised Max to close the thread. Hilariously I could told you at least two of the posters who would ridicule her before they done so. 

Only two?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Emphasis on due. This is a civil suit, not a criminal case. The presumption of innocence and a standard of proof beyond reasonable doubt is not process to which Brown is entitled here. The plaintiff only needs to prove her case by a preponderance of the evidence (essentially, more likely than not) and Boomin better have my money.

This is of course one of any number of perfectly good explanations as to why a victim might not file criminal charges but still pursue civil redress. The different legal standards involved are going to lead to O.J. outcomes in a broad range of situations.

On that note, big shout out to OJ's deposition tape. SNL-level comedy right there.

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Not defending the plaintant or commenting on the veracity of her claim, however not going to the police when assaulted by a celebrity or sports figure is not all that strange. The police helped Rapelisburger cover up his rape, and the odds of getting a convinction with the million dollar lawyers they will have is effectively zero. Civil seems a better way to try and punish in this case.

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

There is no defending ab in this if true but the story does not make sense to me. If there was a person pleasuring themself behind me and I wanted nothing to do with it I would leave before they were able to ejaculate on my back. I certainly would not continue to work for that person. The flip side to this is if ab felt that he were guilty why would he not just pay this girl off? She isn't asking for much and now this is turning into a big thing. There may be more to the story.

Does not make sense= fake.

It's  over the top TMZ bull____

• Thumb Down 2

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Not defending the plaintant or commenting on the veracity of her claim, however not going to the police when assaulted by a celebrity or sports figure is not all that strange. The police helped Rapelisburger cover up his rape, and the odds of getting a convinction with the million dollar lawyers they will have is effectively zero. Civil seems a better way to try and punish in this case.

I'm not familiar with Ben's situation, only outside of folks calling him Rapelisberger. The cops covered up what he did? 
That's some cold ish if so. 

1 hour ago, Bruce Harper said:

The Washington Post is reporting that the league is considering putting Brown on paid leave and making him ineligible to play.

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/09/11/nfl-will-consider-placing-antonio-brown-paid-leave-making-him-ineligible-play/

Im not surprised. This is why I feel that the Raiders could have had a hand in this. AB acting a fool and walking away after being released is one thing. Calling the GM what he did as well as making a video of a private recorded conversation with Jon Gruden can have repercussions, such as retaliation. 

A situation like this taints his image, establishes an immediate kangaroo court and it's also a middle finger to Belichick for possibly tampering with their player by possibly negotiating for AB's services with Rosenhaus. 

I wouldnt be surprised at all if this situation went alittle something like this. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Adam Schefter

Bill Belichick, upon being peppered with questions about Antonio Brown’s situation and status: “We’re working on Miami.”

" ... And Mr. Kraft will travel with the club so he can watch the team in person (... after he partakes in his traditional FL pre-game rituals ...)"

Antonio Brown’s rape accuser, Britney Taylor, met him at Bible study

September 11, 2019 | 2:20pm | Updated 

Enlarge Image
Antonio Brown and Britney Taylor
Antonio Brown and Britney Taylorgetty Images; Linkedin

The personal trainer accusing star New England Patriots wideout Antonio Brown of rape is a former gymnast who first met the athlete at Bible study — and she claims she has passed a lie-detector test about the alleged attack.

Britney Taylor first encountered Brown at a Fellowship of Christian Athletes meeting at Central Michigan University in 2010, when she was a freshman and he a dynamic receiver for the school’s football team, according to the suit.

“During her first meeting, she was paired with Antonio Brown as his bible study partner,” reads the bombshell suit, filed Tuesday in Florida.

The pair reconnected in June 2017, when Brown, then an All-Pro receiver with the Pittsburgh Steelers, reached out to Taylor on Facebook and asked for “help improving flexibility and strength in his ankles and fast twitch muscles,” according to the suit.

Within a month of their reunion, Brown, 31, allegedly accosted Taylor, 28, by bursting in on her while she was changing and kissing her against her will, the suit claims.

Taylor — who by this point ran a gymnastics center for young girls in her hometown of Memphis — thought that she clarified the boundaries of their relationship, and they fell back into their old habits.

“As they had during their college Christian fellowship days, they often read scriptures, prayed or watched services together during training visits,” according to the suit.

While they watched one religious video less than a month after the first incident, Brown furtively masturbated behind Taylor and ejaculated onto her back, the suit alleges, adding that it left Taylor “dismayed, confused and embarrassed.”

The next day, Taylor got a series of profanity-laden text messages from Brown firing her — and dehumanizing her.

“F–k your knowledge bitch I bell all pro before I even knew u!” Brown purportedly wrote. “U a disgrace to lil girls u a failed gymnast living in the past.” image.gif.371ede7b98ef5636126ac31e475f6dc3.gif

They eventually reconciled and resumed their professional relationship in May 2018, but shortly after the reunion Brown allegedly “pinned her down” and raped her, as he said, “You know you want this,” according to the suit.

“After several months, the shock, disbelief and denial gave way to overwhelming bouts of anxiety, and Ms. Taylor fell into a deep depression,” the suit claims. “She has had near-daily panic attacks, frequent suicidal ideations, and insomnia.

“It has been extremely difficult for her to process that Brown could betray and violate her so completely.”

The suit says that Taylor has taken a lie-detector test backing up her claims about the masturbation and rape allegations.

“Ms. Taylor had to relive the trauma of these events through this examination,” the suit says. “The polygraph examination confirmed her completely truthful account that, in June 2017, Brown ejaculated on her without her consent and that, in May 2018, that [sic] Brown raped her.”

Brown has acknowledged that the pair had consensual sex, but called the suit a money grab, a claim reiterated Wednesday by his agent, Drew Rosenhaus.

The Allegheny County District Attorney’s Office, which covers Pittsburgh, said that neither their office nor area police had been contacted about the 2017 forced kiss, which allegedly took place in their jurisdiction.

“Neither Northern Regional Police Department nor our office was ever contacted about the 2017 event that is contained in the federal lawsuit,” said a spokesman for District Attorney Stephen Zappala.

9 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

It’s called consent, genius.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Thanks. I didn’t realize when a woman accepts admission to college that means she is giving consent. I somehow missed that on my admission. So every female in college has consented. Got it. Ask Brock Turner about that 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

5 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

I agree the story sounds fishy but, whatever the case, AB does seem like a scvmbag.

7 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Have you read what AB wrote? It's pretty damning. This doesn't seem like a story she made up out of thin air. 

It is odd to not report to the police, but reporting sexual assault to the police is not a prerequisite to filing a civil action. 

You’re lucky if they a) believe you b) don’t blame you 

• Upvote 2

Thanks. I didn’t realize when a woman accepts admission to college that means she is giving consent. I somehow missed that on my admission. So every female in college has consented. Got it. Ask Brock Turner about that 

Still don’t understand your point. College has nothing to do with it. Consent to have sex is what I was talking about and makes it different than rape. Are you suggesting that Edelman raped someone?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app