Jets will beat the Dallas Cowboys this Sunday

Alka

I haven't even seen Dallas play this year so I'm not sure what we are up against.

If Sammy D and Mosely are playing then I'm very optimistic of the outcome. Herndon should add another legit threat on offense that was sorely missing.

If ClusterFaulk is behind center I'm chopping firewood on Sunday.

The Cowboys will be without their RT and possibly their dominant LT.  I watched the Packers get pressure all day without their LT.  Unfortunately we have nobody that can rush.  If Mosley was back with the addition of Copeland this defense might have a chance to get some pressure.  Take away Zeke and make Dak beat you.  If Darnold plays, then I'm feeling slightly optimistic that we can be competitive.  Herndon adds another dimension to the offense.

• Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, Billsfan35 said:

Doesn’t really matter. Our defense is best in the league and will carry us to playoff anyway. 

Well the defense will have lots of opportunities to be awesome since your QB will keep turning the ball over.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Alka said:

I predicted in a thread after the preseason New Orleans game that the Jets would win 7 games this year, 8 if everything went perfectly.  1/2 of the responses I got back agreed with me, and the other 1/2 said the Jets would win 9 or 10 or 11 games this year, and that I didn't know anything.

What has changed about this team from that time until now?  Yes, the injuries killed us, and we blew a game we should have won against the Bills at home.

Well, it seems that many of our players will be back this next Sunday, including Herndon who will give Darnold an extra target he didn't have at the beginning of the year.

The players and coaches have something to prove, and it is my belief that the mindset of the players will be emotionally high and we will see a different team at home this weekend.  The offensive line will have a reason to believe this game, and I believe that the level of play from this group will be different from the last couple games.

My advice:  Don't rule out the Jets just yet.  The Jets will not go 0-16, not even close.  

I expect not 1/2, but the great majority of this board to tell me I am lost, but I don't go along with the crowd, I go by what I see.

Aderall or molly ?

• Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

If we get Darnold and Mosley back I could see this team coming out hungry and with enough talent to actually win this game. 

I don't know if those two are enough talent, but I do know they both make the offense and defense way better just by being on the field.

I grew up in Dallas during the “almost always in the playoffs” Landry days.  Very entertaining.  At the same time, I loved watching Broadway Joe give the AFL instant credibility in Super Bowl III.  I hate the Jerry Jones days.  Having said this, I watched the Jets play last weekend.  Not good.  In the unlikely chance that the Jets win,  we’ll have an entire week of entertaining news stories coming out of Dallas to read.

Who has Dallas beat that is good? Why are they considered good? They looked terrible against packers... 

They beat Eli and the giants 

Dolphins

Redskins

And lost to the Teddy Bridgewater Saints and couldn't score

Lost to the packers ugly 

They are not a good team 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

The whole picture includes adam gase never having a top offense without manning and him being a losing coach. It also includes that *no* coach in history has ever had success going to second team immediately after being fired.

THIS. I've been saying this since the guy was rumored to be hired. I have given him the benefit of the doubt thus far and for me, Gase is on the clock now. Show us what you got Adam. Show us the offensive Guru you're supposed to be.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Who has Dallas beat that is good? Why are they considered good? They looked terrible against packers... 

Dolphins

Redskins

Lost to the packers ugly 

They are not a good team 

Top ten in scoring offense and defense. They’re better than the Jets at all the important positions- in the trenches, at QB, and they have better weapons. Which corner has a chance of covering Cooper and Cobb? Elliot out of the backfield? The They also have the speed at linebacker to keep up with Bell. And they have pass rushers to boot. Match ups do not favor the Jets. Jets don’t have a chance. 

On 10/7/2019 at 9:14 PM, jeremy2020 said:

The whole picture includes adam gase never having a top offense without manning and him being a losing coach. It also includes that *no* coach in history has ever had success going to second team immediately after being fired.

Gase is a winning coach with his first string QB... 

And as for your Stat, it is not based in fact, here are multiple examples where you are wrong, so can we be done with this non-sense 

Schottenheimer and browns decided to part ways after disagreements in the future success of the Browns franchise... He was then hired by KC for the next 10 seasons.

Tony Dungy was fired by Tampa Bay and Hired the next season by the Colts.

Don Shula was not retained by the Colts and then went on to coach the Miami Dolphins.

George Allen was not retained by the Rams and was immediately hired by the Redskins

NFL History... Look it up, these are not the only ones... but just a few examples to get the conversation going. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Top ten in scoring offense and defense. They’re better than the Jets at all the important positions- in the trenches, at QB, and they have better weapons. Which corner has a chance of covering Cooper and Cobb? Elliot out of the backfield? The They also have the speed at linebacker to keep up with Bell. And they have pass rushers to boot. Match ups do not favor the Jets. Jets don’t have a chance. 

Who have they played?

Giants, Miami, Redskins, Greenbay and Saints... Besides the Saints that beat their ass with 4 FGs and Teddy Bridgewater... and the Greenbay game where Dallas scored all their stats when the game was over playing prevent. The rest are the 3 worst defenses in the league and arguable 3 worst offenses at the time they played them... Eli started.... So please tell me what there is to be scared of!

If they weren't top 10 in both offense and defense playing those teams... that would be a bigger problem...

You have to take these stats with context.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Skeptable said:

Who have they played?

Giants, Miami, Redskins, Greenbay and Saints... Besides the Saints that beat their ass with 4 FGs and Teddy Bridgewater... and the Greenbay game where Dallas scored all their stats when the game was over playing prevent. The rest are the 3 worst defenses in the league and arguable 3 worst offenses at the time they played them... Eli started.... So please tell me what there is to be scared of!

Nothing you said disproved my points. The Jets don’t match up well with the Cowboys at all. Where do the Jets have an advantage in this game? Where can they exploit the Cowboys? How do they start to cover the Cowboys weapons? 

16 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Nothing you said disproved my points. The Jets don’t match up well with the Cowboys at all. Where do the Jets have an advantage in this game? Where can they exploit the Cowboys? How do they start to cover the Cowboys weapons? 

Jets have a great run defense. Hewitt has done a great job covering the RBs... The secondary is an issue on the Jets but Dak isn't good enough to beat them without a run game. Cooper is great when Dak can get him the ball. The Jets defense has given up 17 points a game without mosley... 0 points with Mosley... Hahaha... But against the eagles and pats (better offenses then Dal) they only gave up 17 points per game. 

Darnold just has to throw over the top to RA... and Cowboys are among the worst at covering TEs... Their chances of winning and the matchups are much better then they look on paper... not to mention that Baby Williams looked great against a better offensive line that had no injuries... and Dallas is banged up ... Plus, although not a great pass rusher, Copeland is decent enough to cause problems.

And the point I made disproves their top 10 off and def... that is just a bush stat against the teams they played.

54 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The NY Jets with a sick QB and a bum Kicker almost beat that defense. 

Your offense scored 1 TD on our defense at home. You had pick 6 off a deflected pass and a safety. You had ur full offensive roster. And it’s not our fault that you guys signed a sh*tty kicker it’s not like a kicker isn’t a valid roster spot that shouldn’t be taken more seriously. You guys were +4 in the turnover margin and still couldn’t beat us. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Billsfan35 said:

Your offense scored 1 TD on our defense at home. You had pick 6 off a deflected pass and a safety. You had ur full offensive roster. And it’s not our fault that you guys signed a sh*tty kicker it’s not like a kicker isn’t a valid roster spot that shouldn’t be taken more seriously. You guys were +4 in the turnover margin and still couldn’t beat us. 

And the jets defense has scored more then bills defense... 

I love your insecurity... 

• Thumb Down 1

8 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Dolphins

Redskins

Lost to the packers ugly 

They are not a good team 

I don't know if they're more then a 9 win team. They could be better then that though, we'll see. You're right though, they haven't beaten a good team yet.

On 10/7/2019 at 7:34 PM, Skeptable said:

I agree... Jets destroy the Cowboys... Send a message with all their pent up anger... Then all the Homers on here will claim darnold is the best ever and all the gase haters will say cowboys we're overlooking the Jets... This is going to be the Detroit game from last year

This pic is hilarious. It needs to be reposted accordingly.

E2BDC4D8-6C7C-4E5F-9417-F31F7FD1BDB1.gif

• Sympathy 1

On 10/8/2019 at 7:53 AM, BUM-KNEE said:

I haven't even seen Dallas play this year so I'm not sure what we are up against.

If Sammy D and Mosely are playing then I'm very optimistic of the outcome. Herndon should add another legit threat on offense that was sorely missing.

If ClusterFaulk is behind center I'm chopping firewood on Sunday.

Dallas is a monster waiting to wreck havoc. Their running game is slamming with Zeke who can do it all. Cooper is slithery as a snake. Their D is better than advertised ranking 9th overall. Dak is playing well and on the verge of a $250 million contract. Their OL is banged up and they are 3-2 with both losses coming against quality teams: Packers and Saints. They’re coming off a tough loss last week. They will be pissed. I hope they don’t take it out on Sam.

1 minute ago, Wonderboy said:

Dallas is a monster waiting to wreck havoc. Their running game is slamming with Zeke who can do it all. Cooper is slithery as a snake. Their D is better than advertised ranking 9th overall. Dak is playing well and on the verge of a $250 million contract. Their OL is banged up and they are 3-2 with both losses coming against quality teams: Packers and Saints. They’re coming off a tough loss last week. They will be pissed. I hope they don’t take it out on Sam.

Their D is what I'm concerned about. 

We need to keep them off of Sammy so he can find places to throw. Would be nice to give Bell a hole to run through too.

We shall see soon enough

19 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

We need to keep them off of Sammy so he can find places to throw. Would be nice to give Bell a hole to run through too.

We shall see soon enough

Adam Gase has to stop being a horses ass and let Sam roll out and sandlot this bitch. If he has him taking three step drops and stepping up into a free runner for a 2 1/2 yard pass then Sam will be retired by halftime. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

We shall see soon enough

They are ranked 9th overall. And they probably better than that since 2 of their 5 have been vs. GB and Saints who have very good offenses. It’s going to be a long day. 

53 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The Jets will win on Sunday.  

This is a VERY different team with Sam.

With you here. Certainly at the very least should be a game worth watching, unlike the last 3. 

Throw in a few more key players who have been missing and we're a very different team. 

20 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Adam Gase has to stop being a horses ass and let Sam roll out and sandlot this bitch. If he has him taking three step drops and stepping up into a free runner for a 2 1/2 yard pass then Sam will be retired by halftime. 

Agreed.

Let the kid play and make things happen.