Osemele - surgery

CTJetsFan

11 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

This my be the first thing Raiderholic was ever right about. Guy is toast 

Unless he's been playing with a bad shoulder all season, he did sit out almost all of the preseason.  Hopefully he was. 

27 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

I wonder if he is out for the season or can come back in 6 weeks or so.  He lost his starting job to Lewis, but he is still depth and unfortunately could have been traded for something.

The Rotoworld blurb says he's out for the remainder of the season.

Jets LG Kelechi Osemele (shoulder) will undergo shoulder surgery.

Backup OG Alex Lewis has performed admirably in place of Osemele, ranking as PFF's No. 5 guard among 88 qualifiers in his two spot-starts. Osemele arguably would've been stashed as a reserve in his return. He's expected to miss the remainder of the 2019 season.

40 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

It's got to be Lewis and Winters at OG with Compton backing up both spots now, right?

Compton and/or Harrison.  Pretty sure Harrison has played some guard.  Although I would really like to see Harrison get a shot at C in the starting lineup.  

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Compton and/or Harrison.  Pretty sure Harrison has played some guard.  Although I would really like to see Harrison get a shot at C in the starting lineup.  

My understanding is that Harrison's value at Center is really around his consistency as a snapper and his intelligence in terms of making protection calls, etc.  His shortcoming is that he isn't the strongest, most powerful of guys.  So when it comes to OG you're really looking for stout, powerful men who can hold up against pass rushers and lead blocks for a running back.  I think that's the challenge with Harrison at OG.

Archived