Report: Jets Looking to Deal Robby Anderson

JetNation

IMG_3533.jpg

Looking to add draft picks for an offseason that will require a massive influx of talent, the Jets are reportedly looking to trade speedy wide receiver Robby Anderson.

Sources: Jets looking to trade WR Robby Anderson.

Story: https://t.co/PmXSy4UGpl pic.twitter.com/lf6AbWNNfK

— Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) October 24, 2019

After playing his best football as a pro at the tail end of 2018, there were hopes that Anderson would finally live up to his potential, but has been an afterthought in Adam Gase’s offense.  In six games this season, Anderson has topped 25 yards receiving just twice.

The post Report: Jets Looking to Deal Robby Anderson appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
ZIh__m96ZUg

Click here to read the full story...

45 minutes ago, JetNation said:

IMG_3533.jpg

Looking to add draft picks for an offseason that will require a massive influx of talent, the Jets are reportedly looking to trade speedy wide receiver Robby Anderson.

Sources: Jets looking to trade WR Robby Anderson.

Story: https://t.co/PmXSy4UGpl pic.twitter.com/lf6AbWNNfK

— Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) October 24, 2019

After playing his best football as a pro at the tail end of 2018, there were hopes that Anderson would finally live up to his potential, but has been an afterthought in Adam Gase’s offense.  In six games this season, Anderson has topped 25 yards receiving just twice.

The post Report: Jets Looking to Deal Robby Anderson appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

ZIh__m96ZUg

Click here to read the full story...

b/4 I get too excited I consider the source.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

This would not be a move that suggests developing Sam Darnold is of import to this front office.

What's better going forward, Anderson on an extension or a draft pick on a rookie contract plus whatever the difference in cap space gets us in free agency? Does the likelihood that it's the latter suggest anything one way or the other about how the front office views Darnold?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

What's better going forward, Anderson on an extension or a draft pick on a rookie contract plus whatever the difference in cap space gets us in free agency? Does the likelihood that it's the latter suggest anything one way or the other about how the front office views Darnold?

The problem is that the next 10 games are huge for Darnold going forward. 

You want him throwing to Crowder, a washed up DT, and Herndon (if he ever even plays again)?

I have no issue moving on from Robbie after the season (I think we will, anyway), but this offense needs all the help it can get over the last 10 games. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Sam and Gase have to push through this season, stay in one piece, hope this V Smith guy can run go routes and hope for a better experience next year.

If Robby can be converted into a OL or WR next year and not have to pay him, the Jets would be better off.  

• Upvote 3

I do not think this is happening.  Especially if we win this weekend.
But if it were to happen, the team who gives up a 3rd for him is getting an absolute steal.  But it would be Jetsy to trade your best offensive player.

I think number 82 and number 26 have a far better argument for being the best player on this teams offense

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

You want him throwing to Crowder, a washed up DT, and Herndon (if he ever even plays again)?

I have no issue moving on from Robbie after the season (I think we will, anyway), but this offense needs all the help it can get over the last 10 games. 

The next 10 games are huge for Darnold going forward is just words. A draft pick is a real asset with actual value. Not trading him and then letting him walk in free agency is the worst available option.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

The next 10 games are huge for Darnold going forward is just words.

Pure nonsense. 

If he sucks over the next 10 games, there is a chance that: (A) We are in a position to draft his replacement and (B) His confidence gets destroyed

Not just words. This his his time to shine. If he plays anything like the way he played on Monday night down the stretch of this season, there is a decent chance he's not here two years from now. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Pure nonsense. 

If he sucks over the next 10 games, there is a chance that: (A) We are in a position to draft his replacement and (B) His confidence gets destroyed

Not just words. This his his time to shine. If he plays anything like the way he played on Monday night down the stretch of this season, there is a decent chance he's not here two years from now. 

Also just words. If you think that having Anderson on the roster for the rest of the season makes a difference in whether an accurate determination can be made as to  whether Darnold is the goods then you've already got your answer.

• Upvote 1

Torn...

Robby can both be part of the future and not at the same time. He's young, he brings a unique ability in the offense to the table.

But while he's gotten better at being more than a deep threat, he isn't so good that he's an indispensable part of the roster or worth keeping over another potential asset.

But then again, Sam needs all he can get in terms of pass catching talent for this season. It's a short term need with potential long term repercussions.

Oh, but wouldn't it be better to give him more to work with elsewhere, or a potential upgrade at WR perhaps...

Damn, I can be persuaded either way. Depends on what he's traded for I think.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Also just words. If you think that having Anderson on the roster for the rest of the season makes a difference in whether an accurate determination can be made as to  whether Darnold is the goods then you've already got your answer.

You're just wrong. 

Again, who is Darnold throwing to without Anderson here? Are you arguing that his weapons don't matter? What should he be expected to accomplish with Demaryius Thomas and Crowder as his two best WRs? 

Say we traded Anderson for a 4th round pick - Would there be a worse WR group in the league? (This is a serious question, not rhetorical. I'd like an answer)

Say what you want about Anderson, but he made the single biggest offensive play of the season. He's the only guy who even has a chance at getting open down the field against decent man coverage. 

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

You're just wrong. 

Again, who is Darnold throwing to without Anderson here? Are you arguing that his weapons don't matter? What should he be expected to accomplish with Demaryius Thomas and Crowder as his two best WRs? 

Say we traded Anderson for a 4th round pick - Would there be a worse WR group in the league? (This is a serious question, not rhetorical. I'd like an answer)

Say what you want about Anderson, but he made the single biggest offensive play of the season. He's the only guy who even has a chance at getting open down the field against decent man coverage. 

If they trade him for a 4th round pick JD should be fired.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

You're just wrong. 

If we don't trade Anderson for a pick (4th is optimistic) and instead extend him for like four times his current salary we definitely have the worst receiver group in the league.

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I do not think this is happening.  Especially if we win this weekend.

But if it were to happen, the team who gives up a 3rd for him is getting an absolute steal.  But it would be Jetsy to trade your best offensive player.

We need a #2! Pats just traded a 2 for Sanu the Falcons 3rd WR. MAKE PLAYOFF TEAMS PAY. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

This year is over! Nothing carries over to the following year, especially with the turnover we're going have this offseason. Next 10 games mean nada except keeping Sam healthy. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This organization cant do anything right.  And if this rumor is true, its just more incompetence.

We have so few good players.  So lets trade one.  U cant make it up.  

He's leaving anyway. Get something for him. I DO NOT trust giving this knucklehead a big contract, similar to giving a guy with a broken vertebrae a big contract. This teams so STUPID. 

I honestly think all this Anderson trade talk is stemming from the same bozo who likely made it up out of thin air. Obviously I could be wrong about that, but that's how it seems to me.

Doesn't make much sense to trade away one of the receivers your developing QB has chemistry with unless you're getting way above market value. I understand he's a free agent next year so there's the whole he could be gone and we get nothing aspect. But this year is really about developing the QB and seeing who's worth keeping around long term. Anderson might be one of those guy, no? I don't want to give up on him yet.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

If we don't trade Anderson for a pick (4th is optimistic) and instead extend him for like four times his current salary we definitely have the worst receiver group in the league.

You are missing the point. 

I’m not arguing that we should extend him. I’m just pointing out that you don’t take your 22 year old QB’s best WR from him in the middle of the season for a 4th round draft pick.

You get what you can out of him and you let him walk. A 4th round pick isn’t worth it.

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Ah come on, you act like this is cut and dry. This offense is talent poor with Anderson and is that much worse without him. Darnold spending the next 10 games running around and chucking the ball off his back foot all game harms him long term if only because it will represent a significant portion of his  entire experiance at the position. Kids got what 20 games at college, 1/2 of which were spent playing like a jack ass and 16 games as a pro? 

I'm on board for a 2 or 1, but I think it's there's a case to be made that a late 3rd round pick or lower doesn't recoup the value we lose in 10 games of bad experiance for Darnold. Not to mention that finishing out 4-12 might just net us a new offensive system next year as the fans will be howling for Gase's head.

I do believe Darnold can be a very good QB but I think odds are pretty low if he spends the next 10 games playing like sh*t

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2