Josh Gordon being released off IR today today, per sources.

AbstraKt

19 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Considering that this may be the most frustrating Jets team I have ever watched, it's somewhat amazing that we only have the 5th worst record in the league right now. 

Only because we have had our bye week while the two other 1 win teams have not.

• Upvote 1

I'm torn.

On talent, he would be the Jets best wide receiver in an instant, but he is also a head case and needs handling with kid gloves. I don't think our head case head coach can handle Gordon.

And he might contribute to a few meaningless wins over the back end of the season before leaving in free agency, costing the Jets draft capital.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I don't think picking up Gordon is a bad idea. In fact I'd pair that move up with signing Antonio Brown.

At this point, I'm not exactly worried about our "culture" anymore. Sorry.

Josh Gordon yes.  Antonio Brown no. 

Gordon doesn't come off as a "bad guy" by any means.  He has/had a drinking problem.  He's worked hard to fix it.  Therapy, rehab, whatever it takes.  And he's shown remorse for his past.  

Brown is not in that category.  

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

On talent, he would be the Jets best wide receiver in an instant, but he is also a head case and needs handling with kid gloves.

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Gordon is a shell of his former self. He's not worse than Thomas, but he isn't much of an upgrade. Plus he is a bit of a head case. 

What evidence is there that he's a "head case"?  If everyone with a drinking problem and/or got busted by his employer for smoking weed is a "head case", then probably about 30-40 % of people on planet Earth could be labeled a "head case".  

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What evidence is there that he's a "head case"?  If everyone with a drinking problem and/or got busted by his employer for smoking weed is a "head case", then probably about 30-40 % of people on planet Earth could be labeled a "head case".  

A person that gets suspended numerous times for drugs when all he needed to do was stay clean a few years and collect 10's of millions of dollars and also misses practices all the time is a head case. 

No one is saying taking some drugs makes you a head case, but when taking those drugs causes you to  miss practices, miss games and miss out on a ton of money then yeah,  you are a head case. 

And if any of my friends lost their job for alcohol/weed I would also consider them a "head case." Be an adult. Hold down a damn job. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, derp said:

I think Gordon and Anderson actually complement each other’s skill sets. Worth a claim. Don’t think he gets to the Jets’ claim though.

I do. 

1. Dolphins: 0-7
2. Bengals: 0-8
3. Redskins: 1-7
4. Falcons: 1-7
5. Jets: 1-6
6. Giants: 2-6
7. Broncos: 2-6
8. Buccaneers: 2-6
9. Browns: 2-5
10. Chargers: 3-5

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

A person that gets suspended numerous times for drugs when all he needed to do was stay clean a few years and collect 10's of millions of dollars and also misses practices all the time is a head case. 

No one is saying taking some drugs makes you a head case, but when taking those drugs causes you to  miss practices, miss games and miss out on a ton of money then yeah,  you are a head case. 

And if any of my friends lost their job for alcohol/weed I would also consider them a "head case." Be an adult. Hold down a damn job. 

I think that person is an addict. And like 97% of the population is addicted to something. Doesn't make someone a head case.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Right. That's exactly how addiction works.

• Post of the Week 1

22 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I do. 

1. Dolphins: 0-7
2. Bengals: 0-8
3. Redskins: 1-7
4. Falcons: 1-7
5. Jets: 1-6
6. Giants: 2-6
7. Broncos: 2-6
8. Buccaneers: 2-6
9. Browns: 2-5
10. Chargers: 3-5

Bengals love taking shots on guys like Gordon.

3 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Gordon isn't the same guy from the Browns. He's never gotten his legs under him since his 2 year exile..

He'd be an upgrade for the Jets, but that's more damning of the Jet roster than praise of Gordong.

Football needs on field time to get acclimated. Doesn't matter how much you run on a treadmill or how much weight you push, you need on field time. Gordon is an immense athlete. As long as he's trying, he will bounce back to some degree. 

• Upvote 2