I am proud of this board

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

No, but a lot of people are operating like Gase getting fired will be a step in the right direction.  It'll really just be a neutral event if it happens midseason.

It will be a step in the right direction long term. He is a failed NFL head coach. But yes will do nothing for this season, this season is lost

1 minute ago, Jet Life said:

It will be a step in the right direction long term. He is a failed NFL head coach. But yes will do nothing for this season, this season is lost

Maybe slightly.  I just don't know how we can expect this owner to hire the right guy among the small pool of HC candidates who would want to come here at this point. 

If it falls to Douglas, we're relying on a rookie GM who really is only here BECAUSE of Gase in the first place.

• Upvote 2

Gase being fired is not if, but when.

This season isn’t worth salvaging. It’s more about survival now. We need lots of picks, and must continue the tank. Let’s get the 1# overall, and trade the sh*t out of it for picks. Adams will also not be in NY by next OTA’s. Burn it all down.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Last night was one of the roughest nights in jet fandom history.  It was taxing on the soul and being on this board and having intelligent/humorous conversations about the team really pulled us through.

We have become a better fanbase because of yesterday.  A smarter, more mature fanbase.  We now see things for what they really are.

No more yapping about how Sam Darnold is the greatest prospect since luck.  No more making fun of other fanbases and qbs who are clearly better then what we have. No more laughable playoff predictions. No more mocking francessa, manish, benningo etc. when they have been right all along.

This board is going to be great moving forward as we have real, intelligent discussions on how we can move on from adam gase and build this team the right way for once.

The night is always darkest before the dawn.  Years for now we will look back at this moment as a turning point in franchise history. 

I look forward to it. 

Manish sucks.

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Last night was one of the roughest nights in jet fandom history.  It was taxing on the soul and being on this board and having intelligent/humorous conversations about the team really pulled us through.

We have become a better fanbase because of yesterday.  A smarter, more mature fanbase.  We now see things for what they really are.

No more yapping about how Sam Darnold is the greatest prospect since luck.  No more making fun of other fanbases and qbs who are clearly better then what we have. No more laughable playoff predictions. No more mocking francessa, manish, benningo etc. when they have been right all along.

This board is going to be great moving forward as we have real, intelligent discussions on how we can move on from adam gase and build this team the right way for once.

The night is always darkest before the dawn.  Years for now we will look back at this moment as a turning point in franchise history. 

I look forward to it. 

Are you running for Office?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Manish sucks.

You are wrong.  That is SOJF thinking.  We have moved past that now.

Did you hear manish ask gase, "Does this loss to Miami justify stephen ross firing you?"  

It was the best question asked in a press conference in a decade.  Manish is an agent of change.  We must support him.

• Thumb Down 1

39 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Did you hear manish ask gase, "Does this loss to Miami justify stephen ross firing you?"  

It was the best question asked in a press conference in a decade.  Manish is an agent of change.  We must support him.

Manish is indeed an ass hole. It's very obvious Gase isn't doing a good job but Manish has what's called "selective" criticism.  He was very patient with Bowles because he liked him.  BTW, stop misusing the "SOJF" thinking.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't really care.  What bothers me more is someone who acted like an attention whore, announced he was quitting, then returns only to try to be an annoying message board cop.  

You're a thread killer.  You don't bring anything anyone wants to discuss.  You make snarky remarks like a little b@@ch.  It's all you're good for.  

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, but a lot of people are operating like Gase getting fired will be a step in the right direction.  It'll really just be a neutral event.

how is that neutral? serious I would like to know, he is without argument part of the issue removing him from damaging Sam even more would be a step in the right direction wouldn't it?

56 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I thought it was funny to tell the truth because we all know the answer he just voiced it....there is no protecting or justification for Gase at this point.

18 minutes ago, rammagen said:

how is that neutral? serious I would like to know, he is without argument part of the issue removing him from damaging Sam even more would be a step in the right direction wouldn't it?

If you're talking about firing him midseason, well Gregg Williams sure as hell isn't going to help Sam the remainder of the season as Interim HC.  

I'd wait at least until the season ends.  

6 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I look forward to it. 

A loser reveling in his loserdom at the expense of Jets fans who are hurting right now. 

The SOJF Victim's Society is in its full, pathetic glory.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

6 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I look forward to it. 

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If you're talking about firing him midseason, well Gregg Williams sure as hell isn't going to help Sam the remainder of the season as Interim HC.  

I'd wait at least until the season ends.  

greg williams would do more to protect the him then gase is doing by running the ball, it is amazing someone can say this remember how Mayfield played last yr under him. It would be dismissive to think he had nothing to with that.

9 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I look forward to it. 

1185298587-850x560.jpeg&c=sc&w=590&h=389

The only thing worse than making a mistake is not being able to admit it and fix it.

I had given CJ credit for this with the Macc decision.  Sure, it was later than it should have been and the timing wasn't great right after FA and the Draft.....but better late than never.  I have more respect for somebody willing to take the shots from fans and media around the timing of a GM firing in May than for somebody who sits on making a painful decision until after the season when it's "firing season."

If CJ holds onto Gase for the rest of the season I'm fine with it.  If he fires him in January I'm good with that.  If he holds on into the 2020 season and this current season doesn't have some type of remarkable turnaround then I'll be really disappointed.  Firing a new HC halfway through his first year is a tough call, especially with the roster we have.  Even Steve Wilks got one full year with Arizona.  But the protection and development of Darnold is and always has been the goal for the 2019 season, and that's not happening.  If the QB continues to regress we might have to pull the plug and totally change how this offense is run midstream.

I started this season as a whiner, pessimist, defeatist SOJF because I predicted “only” 6 wins. I end this season a deranged optimist with that prediction.

Wish I could believe things will change. They won’t. Next summer, this season will be down the memory hole and anyone who expresses anything less than unbridled optimism will be branded a loser or fake fan.

This team has done nothing to justify optimism, loyalty (hate that word in this context), belief, hope, what have you. I watch because it entertains me (as a comedic enterprise recently). I am completely in the mode where this team has zero benefit of the doubt and must show me before I will ever get my hopes up. Everyone—players, coaches, front office, are busts until proven otherwise. I have taken this approach for about ten years and haven’t been disappointed or upset once with the Jets since. For me, this is the only way to continue to enjoy football. 

Do what works for you and don’t let anyone else define your fan experience.

19 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We have become a better fanbase because of yesterday...

'''This board is going to be great moving forward as we have real, intelligent discussions on how we can move on from adam gase and build this team the right way for once.

The night is always darkest before the dawn....

17 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Did I miss something? Was Gase fired?

Do you mind?  After much agony and soul-searching, the OP has invented a world where the JetNation is pulling together to create something wonderful and new out of the ashes.  It is calm, tranquil world, a safe and unthreatening  world.   Certainly not the real world but apparently the only world where he can now inhabit without suffering further damage.

This is no time to endanger him by bringing up facts.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, jgb said:

I started this season as a whiner, pessimist, defeatist SOJF because I predicted “only” 6 wins. I end this season a deranged optimist with that prediction.

Wish I could believe things will change. They won’t. Next summer, this season will be down the memory hole and anyone who expresses anything less than unbridled optimism will be branded a loser or fake fan.

This team has done nothing to justify optimism, loyalty (hate that word in this context), belief, hope, what have you. I watch because it entertains me (as a comedic enterprise recently). I am completely in the mode where this team has zero benefit of the doubt and must show me before I will ever get my hopes up. Everyone—players, coaches, front office, are busts until proven otherwise. I have taken this approach for about ten years and haven’t been disappointed or upset once with the Jets since. For me, this is the only way to continue to enjoy football. 

Do what works for you and don’t let anyone else define your fan experience.

If Adam Gase is not fired there is no optimism.  We will start the offseason by unloading any guys that actually have skill because that is what adam gase does.  It will be followed up by bad drafting as his drafts stunk in miami.

But do not worry.  We have manish, Benningo and the rest of the agents of change working overtime for us.  We we get thrashed by the giants next week, it will be worse then imagined.  

19 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Dude Manish is a scorned woman when it comes to the Jets. He was shut out of the New Regime and now takes pot shots at them whenever he can. I agree Gase must go but so must Mehta. Once the News folds this guy won't get a job on a friggin podcast.....unless its his own.