Is Harrison an awesome player?

Y3k

6 minutes ago, varjet said:

The Harrison situation is a bad sign for how the Jets have been managed.  We think Douglas and Gase have their act together, but then we she how they handled this.  

He is under contract next year, thankfully.  A relatively bargain contract.  

To be fair Douglas came in after the offseason so he didn’t have any chance to really work.  Yes the Kalil signing stunk but I can’t really blame Douglas for giving it a shot.  He is gonna get his chance to prove his worth in FA and the draft

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Harrison is awesome and is the long term answer at center.

Gase not realizing this probably cost us the season.  Total incompetance on gase and douglas’ part.

Frank Pollack had no say? He is the Oline coach & if your going to tell me the Oline coach has no communication with the Head Coach about each & every players abilities than what exactly is he here for since he's working with this group 24/7 & reviewing practice film & game film constantly?

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Gase not realizing this probably cost us the season.  Total incompetance on gase and douglas’ part.

At about 1/6 the cost of Mitch Morse who is out again with an injury

13 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

It’s not just him , it’s Lewis and Compton.

The interior of the line is a massive upgrade from kelechi osemele, Ryan Kalil, and Brian Winters. Darnold has time to thow the ball. Honestly in my near 40 year fandom, I’d never seen such poor oline play.

It’s like with Roberts and Johnson out, Bless Austin and Arthur Maulet are miles better.

• Upvote 1

Harrison is a good player.  Awesome?  No.  But certainly good enough to not have to go pull a dude out of retirement, pay him 10 mil and suck balls so bad he probably cost you the season.  There is also something to be said about the QB/C relationship.  Sam trusts Harrison, it's pretty obvious. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Harrison is a competent player who has good chemistry with Darnold.
That has made him an upgrade over Long and Kalil the past two years.
Beachum can be included in that competent category also, since he's
come back the line has stabilized.  I wouldn't be shocked if both
are back next year as "stop gap starters" as the team waits for the
rookie LT & C they draft to take over

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, varjet said:

The Harrison situation is a bad sign for how the Jets have been managed.  We think Douglas and Gase have their act together, but then we she how they handled this.  

He is under contract next year, thankfully.  A relatively bargain contract.  

Good observation.  I see the logic in bringing in competition but not seeing how much better Harrison is/was is a little worrisome.   

I don’t think he’s great, but he looks like a decent starting center.

Just a week or two ago I was all for investing a Top 40 pick on the position. Now I don’t see much point.

Take one in the 3rd or 4th to develop/provide competition, sure.

But both guard and tackle spots should be a higher priority.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, RonaldJet said:

The best thing that has happened to Jonathan Harrison is Spencer Long and Ryan Kalil. He’s a quality backup who won’t get your QB killed, but he also offers nothing in the running game. There is a reason why Gase and Douglas wanted to upgrade. 

Hasn’t the running game improved since Khalil and Winters are gone....?  

He's solid, but mostly has just been the best of a bad bunch.  He's certainly far from the Jets' biggest issue along the OL, so they could get away with not prioritizing it quite as much as other positions, but should also not consider him to be enough for center to be off the list of needs if an opportunity does present itself.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

He's solid, but mostly has just been the best of a bad bunch.  He's certainly far from the Jets' biggest issue along the OL, so they could get away with not prioritizing it quite as much as other positions, but should also not consider him to be enough for center to be off the list of needs if an opportunity does present itself.

Was gonna post something similar to this. We aren't talking Mawae/Mangold here.