Adam Gase - Burner Account? MERGED

Maxman

59 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Well, we just found his Nation burner account too.

Look back at this guy’s history.  Nothing but Gase bashing. 

I was actually thinking this as well...he’s been up and down this thread also sticking up for Mehta 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Who cares, for once Mehta is actually right

Nah ...he’s completely wrong , if he didn’t use Gase 9 year old kids name maybe I wouldn’t think it was that big of a deal ....but he crossed a line you don’t cross ...I don’t know or care anything about Mehta personal life but I’m going to guess he doesn’t have kids , because of he did he wouldn’t have ever used another mans son to get him . Wrong on every level . 

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Is everyone ready to apologize to Mehta now?

It was Gase all along.  Should he be fired like you’re all clamoring for Manish?

Seems utterly ridiculous.

If Gase is as stupid to have an inside staffer ghost tweet (much less an intern)positive Gase propaganda under a twitter account that mimics his son's name, he is beyond stupid.

I believe he is too maniacal to be thaaaaaat stupid. You don't sh*t where you eat, and this would obviously get out rather easily.

If he is thaaaaat stupid, he deserves to be fired.

4 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

If Gase is as stupid to have an inside staffer ghost tweet (much less an intern)positive Gase propaganda under a twitter account that mimics his son's name, he is beyond stupid.

I believe he is too maniacal to be thaaaaaat stupid. You don't sh*t where you eat, and this would obviously get out rather easily.

What’s more likely?

1) Gase used internal PR to protect his decisions and his performance

or...

2) Mehta created an alias email address using a 3rd tier PR staffers name, then used that email address to create a twitter burner account, then used that Twitter account to stand up for Gase, then wrote an article bashing Gase and pointed to things like that account, then accidentally posted an article he wrote from said burner account?

Honestly guys, I know y’all hate Mehta but it really couldn’t be more obvious this was Gase or at least the NY Jets organization, possibly without Gase’s knowledge.  I would be shocked if it was really Mehta.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

i still think this whole thing is incredible.  i think its one of these things:

gase had the PR department make the burner account and this poor girl was the pawn that had to do it

or

this girl has been manish's "unnamed source" in the organization and he had her do it.

either way, this organization is so d!cked it doesn't even make sense.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Cimini gets a bad rap because he earned it on the beat.  He did the same thing in 2012 as one of the other posters pointed out and was known as a lazy reporter that never watched practices or pre-season games and basically made the same lazy articles over and over again. Since he was hired by ESPN, he has cut most of the junk out and has decent reporting. But Cimini has a LOOOONNNGGG track record of him being a hack before Manish.

This right here....at one point in time Manish was the "good" NY Daily News Jets writer and we all celebrated when Cimini left for ESPN and Manish got the full time gig.

Then everything changed because the Daily News wasn't interested in a Jets beat writer putting out good, thoughtful, detailed content.  Instead, they want clicks and page visits and Manish was more than happy to turn into the newer, worse version of NYDN Cimini.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

There's a big difference between the Jets PR leaking out information to get their narrative out and Manish allegedly creating a fake account to try and cook up a fake story. The PR department is just doing their job. If Manish did it, it's Journalism malpractice. Just my opinion. 

This. A staffer making a burner that defends Gase is a part of PR in this Twitter world. That’s a part of a job. If it’s Gase himself or of its Manish it’s a different story. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Don't know anything about this guy, Danny Bags, -- twitter handle shows him as a freelance Investigative reporter; not sure how credible he is, but he claims the Wyatt account originates from inside the Jets organization:

Someone could just as easily had setup that backup email as a decoy to intentionally frame her as the originator. a good case is hardly ever made with only one piece of evidence and this surely doesn’t look like a smoking gun. 

6 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

This. A staffer making a burner that defends Gase is a part of PR in this Twitter world. That’s a part of a job. If it’s Gase himself or of its Manish it’s a different story. 

THis is the most likely scenario.  It was neither Gase or Mehta. But a PR staffer doing their job.   

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

Someone could just as easily had setup that backup email as a decoy to intentionally look like she was the originator. a good case is hardly ever made with only one piece of evidence and this surely doesn’t look like a smoking gun. 

Stop. 

Mehta didn’t create a fake email account with a pr staffers name in order to create a fake twitter account with Gase’s son’s name.   

Mehta didn’t do this. 

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

THis is the most likely scenario.  It was neither Gase or Mehta. But a PR staffer doing their job.   

In todays world of utter falsehoods and deception that may be the case but it is a pity that it is so.

IMO it is not your job as a pr staffer to be doing shi* like this.

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

well then she is one hell of a dumb PR employee if she set up the account with Gase's son's name in the handle.  

Whoever set it up was either  trying to implicate Gase by stupidly using his son's name or is just an idiot herself for fior incuding "kyle".  

Oh Monica......  if this was indeed you, then you are a really stupid person and a terrible PR.  Good luck on your next job..

Oh Manish.....   just go away already.  We hate you whether you did this or not.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

42 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

This whole story is utterly ridiculous.  Whether it is a Jets staffer, or Manish.  Either one is ridiculous.  Yet the account is out there.  Somebody is behind this.  I would not be surprised if this is the ultimate troll job.  Not Manish.  Not the Jets.  Just some dude sitting in his mom's basement trolling the sh*t out of the Jets, Jet fans, writers, etc.

Promised myself yesterday that I would not post in this thread, but I got sucked in.  The troll got me, whomever he or she may be.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

You really are Manish, aren’t you? It’s not like 2 is such a jump in logic. You’re trying to throw people off the possibility of #2 by inflating the level of difficulty it would have taken to create a decoy email as a backup (hint- would take three extra minutes)...  

illogically tying it to all the following actions that were taken on Twitter when the account was made is pure, misleading fluff 

guys I proved it. Revocation of credentials secured 

It’s just silly to think that staffer email step was necessary in any way shape or form.  

You guys are giving me too much credit. 

The editor in chief of the Daily News is Robert York. His email is ryork@nydailynews.com. If you are inclined to complain, don’t just complain about it generally. Explain that he falsified an account to make the person who he covers look unethical and bad. This guy does not deserve a job.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

well then she is one hell of a dumb PR employee if she set up the account with Gase's son's name in the handle.  

Whoever set it up was either  trying to implicate Gase by stupidly using his son's name or is just an idiot herself for fior incuding "kyle".  

Oh Monica......  if this was indeed you, then you are a really stupid person and a terrible PR.  Good luck on your next job..

Oh Manish.....   just go away already.  We hate you whether you did this or not.

Exactly this. If Gase did this to this poor girl, it is awful. I don't believe it.

Gase is not stupid enough to entrust a college intern keeping her mouth shut on what she is doing for a head coach of a "professional" organization. It would just be too stupid. Imagine that conversation?

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

Someone could just as easily had setup that backup email as a decoy to intentionally frame her as the originator. a good case is hardly ever made with only one piece of evidence and this surely doesn’t look like a smoking gun. 

She is a "seasonal intern" with the Jets this year.  She started on May 25th and is a "Communications Associate".

If she set up the burner account using Gase's son's name, then she probably should be thinking about a different career.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

A pr staffer doing their job should not ever be posting about payers anyone in the Jets organization should never ever be posting onto twitter about players

I think I do but it doesn’t make sense.  Why would Manish have a fake account that defends a guy he has it out for?  Society is weird nowadays 

It was to make Gase look unethical and crazy. Mehta has an agenda (to drive Gase out of town). He should be content to have one of the last remaining jobs in print media. Now he may lose it.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app