CeeDee Lamb vs Jerry Jeudy Who should the Jets take in 2020 NFL Draft?

50 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Where did you get this from? 

FYI, Belichick is on record as saying that he thinks that shorter WRs have a key advantage over taller guys: They tend to be much better at maintaining their balance when getting jammed at the line. 

Wtf does Bill Bellichick know about WR? Check the HOF and tell me height doesn’t matter 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

AB is 5’10

OBJ is 5’11

DeAndre Hopkins is 6’1

Keenan Allen 6’2

Tyreke Hill 5’10

Davante Adams 6’1

Adam Thielen 6’2

Stefon Diggs 6’0

Really dude?

Anyone who played the WR position before knows you’re a damn good security blanket when you can fight off contact at the LOS, have great body control, track the ball in the air effectively, have great catch concentration and have the ability to cut in and out of routes sharp. Does that sound basic? Yeah, well, that’s because it’s honestly true.

I think you just made his point.  Besides OBJ, none of them were top 15 picks.  Shows what you can get in round two and three. 

5 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I think you just made his point.  Besides OBJ, none of them were top 15 picks.  Shows what you can get in round two and three. 

His point was that #1 WR’s are a certain build and that’s not true.

athletic ability and technique mean so much more. I played WR my entire life, not that I know soooo much about being a Pro NFL WR because clearly I wouldn’t be on here if I did, but height is a garbage excuse not to select a WR high in the draft.

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

athletic ability and technique mean so much more. I played WR my entire life, not that I know soooo much about being a Pro NFL WR because clearly I wouldn’t be on here if I did, but height is a garbage excuse not to select a WR high in the draft.

I thought he meant top 10 receivers as in, top ten draft picks. 

3 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Amari Cooper, Jarvis Landry, Julian Edelman, Deandre Hopkins, Robert Woods, Stefon Diggs, John Brown, Davante Adams, Antonio Brown, Brandin Cooks

All 6'1 and under.

Great, the only guys on that list worthy of a top 10 pick are Hopkins and Brown.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Great, the only guys on that list worthy of a top 10 pick are Hopkins and Brown.

Davante Adams isn't worth a top ten pick?? I really hope you just missed his name on the list. 

And Cooper is also worth a top ten pick. 

Not to mention tyreek Hill. 

The NFL is changing. You want speed. Game breakers. Sure, I'd love Julio but you can build around a a short WR with freakish skills.

11 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

How tall was Steve Smith? One of my favorite WRs. He was a mighty mite & a bad man. 5-9" maybe. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Davante Adams isn't worth a top ten pick?? I really hope you just missed his name on the list. 

And Cooper is also worth a top ten pick. 

Not to mention tyreek Hill. 

The NFL is changing. You want speed. Game breakers. Sure, I'd love Julio but you can build around a a short WR with freakish skills.

I don’t think they are. I’m also not saying that receivers under 6”2 can’t be good. I’m saying that they aren’t at the level as guys like moss/Johnson/Fitz/Jones/green/etc. There is elite and there is ELITE. The NfL isn’t changing as much as you think, the guys above are just rare.

8 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

.the NFL is changing. You want speed. Game breakers. Sure, I'd love Julio but you can build around a a short WR with freakish skills.

No, that’s not accurate. Certainly in part, yes but nfl teams still value a bigger profile at WR because of scheme universality and down and distance versatility. 

thats not even debateable

21 minutes ago, Paradis said:

No, that’s not accurate. Certainly in part, yes but nfl teams still value a bigger profile at WR because of scheme universality and down and distance versatility. 

thats not even debateable

Tyreek Hill 5'10

Mecole Hardman 5'10

Watkins 6'1

DeMarcus Robinson 6'1

Chiefs don't seem too interested in size at WR. They get their "size" at tight end which I think is the way teams are going.

12 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Tyreek Hill 5'10

Mecole Hardman 5'10

Watkins 6'1

DeMarcus Robinson 6'1

Chiefs don't seem too interested in size at WR. They get their "size" at tight end which I think is the way teams are going.

Nothing like sweeping generalizations on JN.

also, 6’1 isn’t undersized.