SI: Sign Of Development? Jets QB led NFL in key statistic

6 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Take out the outlier NE TEAM debacle and Sam posts a 90+ passer rating behind the worst OL in recent memory while dealing with mono. He posted the 10th best rating over last half of the season even though he played the 3 best defenses in the leuage. If you don’t see it, I can’t help ya. 

Sam Darnold 2020 stats...

28 TD’s/11 INT’s 

3,500 yards

65% completion percentage

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

But.....32nd ranking and such.

We're bad and winning 3X as many games as we lost in the final half of the season changes nothing.

Also...trade Jamal.

Darnold excellent, bad coaching and no line bad.

Good thing that Jamal has everything to do with Darnolds development.

We know he takes credit for everything to do with this team.

Just now, Nixhead said:

Darnold has had 2 seasons with horrid O lines, no running game, all new coaches and systems and a below average receiving crew. Darnold has more than held his own during these circumstances. Imagine when he gets a solid line and a solid running game and a decent receiving crew. He will not only be ready to thrive but he will also have had plenty of training so when things go bad he's seen it all already.

Exactly.  The circumstances have been very challenging, even an experienced free agent quarterback could easily have come here and crumbled.  Sam?  Strong as bull.

No-Mono-Darno is going to be fantastic next season.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

47 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Bingo!

It went in friggin' reverse when he wasn't there.

Sam's the guy.  I'm 99% sure of it.  If he isn't then god help us all because we're 10 years away rather than hopefully only 3.

right.  take away the 3 worst offensive games from every team and i will bet the jets are low to mid 20's.  not great but considering the bad oline and injuries not that bad.  and darnold is, arguably, top 5 in the league.

54 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Sam Darnold 2020 stats...

28 TD’s/11 INT’s 

3,500 yards

65% completion percentage

Td’s should be close. I still think 16 ints- gotta give him one a game till he proves otherwise. However- think he cracks the 4000 mark. Namath’s record falls after about a million years. I still think they will be trailing in a lot of games that will make cracking it possible.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

He does, once we dump his ass on Dallas, the picks will go a long way in helping Darnold’s supporting cast and then he can take all the credit he wants from 1,500 miles away. 

Robbed Jerry Jones so hard

Got Michael Irvin to call the cops

Now we hand out so many pancakes

They closin' down all the IHOPs

draft.PNG

i was DELIGHTED with the decrease in INTS. DELIGHTED.

NOw? more TDs. more 3rd down completions (v Balt 1st half very good in this aspect)

But HE IS WHAT HE IS TIL HE ISNT. a bottom 5 guy.

OF COURSE I HOPE!!!

we need top 16 performance in the 1st 8 games. So we arent out of it by week 10.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

i was DELIGHTED with the decrease in INTS. DELIGHTED.

NOw? more TDs. more 3rd down completions (v Balt 1st half very good in this aspect)

But HE IS WHAT HE IS TIL HE ISNT. a bottom 5 guy.

OF COURSE I HOPE!!!

we need top 16 performance in the 1st 8 games. So we arent out of it by week 10.

Pretty sure we were out of it by week 10 because of Luke Falk and Trevor as well as other major player injuries. also without the NE game he’s only throwing 5 interceptions the first 8 weeks and 4 interceptions the last 8 weeks. 19-9 would of looked nice.

30 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Robbed Jerry Jones so hard

Got Michael Irvin to call the cops

Now we hand out so many pancakes

They closin' down all the IHOPs

draft.PNG

I’d jizz in the eye of every Adam’s supporters wife if we pulled this heist off. 

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I like the new you, bro! 

I feel like a new man.

1 hour ago, Gibby said:

Td’s should be close. I still think 16 ints- gotta give him one a game till he proves otherwise. However- think he cracks the 4000 mark. Namath’s record falls after about a million years. I still think they will be trailing in a lot of games that will make cracking it possible.

I think another year of experience helps cut down picks even more than it did this year.

• Post of the Week 1

41 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Hey guys, just wanted to stop by and say that DORK or whatever it’s called is made-up voodoo BS, but TD passes thrown under pressure? That’s the real deal baby

He also had the hight QBR in history for QB's with mono

• Upvote 2

Here's another stat:

Games where Darnold is pressured on over 34% of his dropbacks (league average):

4-14 record, 14.8 ppg, 56.9% comp, 214 ypg, 6.2 y/a, 20 TD, 22 INT

Games where Darnold is pressure on less than 34% of his dropbacks:

7-1 record, 29.0 ppg, 68.1% comp, 255 ypg, 8.9 y/a, 16 TD, 6 INT

Make the Jets O-Line Above Average Again!

You know what Darnold stat I found interesting from this year?  

Albeit a small sample, 45 throws, Darnold had a 71% completion %, 408 yards, 2 TDs 0 INT and 113 QB rating when running no huddle.  Much better than his "regular numbers".  I spot checked about 6 other NFL QBs and all were either very similar or worse from the No Huddle.

I have no what that means, if anything at all, but I found it interesting nonetheless.

• Upvote 2