Rumors, Leaks, Reports, Whines, in 2020 Free Agency

jetstream23

8 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

Wow, Campbell is going to be scary in Baltimore. Ravens really pushing for it all under Jacksons rookie contract.

Agreed.  Time is right for them to go all in.  And, on the other hand, Jakcsonville appears to be heading to tank mode after dealing Bouye and Campbell.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

I am guesing the Titans will regret this one some day.

You got that right!!!  So SEVEN years of average QB play is forgotten because
of 10 regular season games???  And then when everything counted in the playoffs
he came up small.  Dumb contract

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, section314 said:

Would make Jags a prime target to trade out of #7.

#9 ... but agreed ... of course hope it doesn't come to it ... but ... whether Joe D has 3 OT's or 4 OT's at the top of the list ... if there is only 1 left at Jag's spot i give up a 6th

2 hours ago, section314 said:

For a guaranteed $42mm, they could move on from most every poster on this site after two years, I'd wager.?

I read it is $62MM guaranteed.  $20MM signing bonus plus $42MM 2020 & 21 salary.  They can move on after two years, barring injury, but it would cost $62mm.

33 minutes ago, Lith said:

I read it is $62MM guaranteed.  $20MM signing bonus plus $42MM 2020 & 21 salary.  They can move on after two years, barring injury, but it would cost $62mm.

If that's the deal they can move on after 2 years for only the $10 million remaining of his amortized signing bonus. The rest of the guaranteed money would have been paid.  He's basically on a 2yr $62 million deal. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lizard King said:

Poole to the Bucs? Some reality tv star named sam logan  that he was hanging with today Put it on his IG video 

Seemed more of "my boy loves it here, maybe he should come here".  I saw the same post.

That being said, after the Roby deal, people can absolutely forget Poole signing for 7-9 mil.

5 minutes ago, King P said:

2 Edge, 2 DT, 1 WR, 1 RB, 1 QB... Do I have that right?

Looks like Cowboys will sign Amari Cooper and tag Dak.  Or...does Amari hit FA?

Titans went the other way, signing the QB (Tannehill) and tagging the RB (Henry).

Don't see any CBs listed.

12 hours ago, Lith said:

Great trade for Baltimore.   He's got a good 3 years left and is a leader with a capital L.  If I understand correctly, through a series of trades, their GM DiCosta  converted Kaare Veedik and Kenny Young and a 5th into Marcus Peters and Calais Campbell.  That's really fkn good. 

I do believe Joe Douglas is from the same Ozzie Newsome tree as Decosta. 

Please let the sun shine on the Jets this time.  Even the Johnsons can't make that many consecutive mistakes.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

do you make the call?

You have to make the call.  The guy is under contract for 3 more seasons at ~$13M per season.  Given the favorable contract, I cannot imagine what compensation the Texans would be looking for.

Just now, Beerfish said:

OBrien is a freaking bone head, giving that goof that much power as if he was in fact belichick was just stupid.

As a PSU fan, he was a great coach for the school during a horrible time,  He even had the ability to make Hackenberg look decent for a season 

But when he said"Im here for the long haul" and then bolted, the dude lost all credibility.  What an ass.

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

You have to make the call.  The guy is under contract for 3 more seasons at ~$13M per season.  Given the favorable contract, I cannot imagine what compensation the Texans would be looking for.

I'd give them Quinnen and a 3rd in a heartbeat haha