Rumors, Leaks, Reports, Whines, in 2020 Free Agency

jetstream23

Just now, Samtorobby47 said:

Feel like we’ve been hearing the big OL names all off season and will end up with none of them. No Thuney, Conklin or Glasgow. 

We’ll end up signing one of the 2nd -3rd tier guys. 

In JD we trust. At this point, anyone he picks will be an improvement.

29 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Feel like we’ve been hearing the big OL names all off season and will end up with none of them. No Thuney, Conklin or Glasgow. 

That's fine with me as long as they "fit together" and do what Gase wants offensively.

Names don't matter, the group does.  In addition all excuses for Gase need to be removed

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

That what people seem to say about Douglas. He will not fall for the "Jets Tax"

26 minutes ago, Lith said:

You have to make the call.  The guy is under contract for 3 more seasons at ~$13M per season.  Given the favorable contract, I cannot imagine what compensation the Texans would be looking for.

This guy is amazing. You absolutely see what is going on. Hopkins has many more elite years and he'll end up in Canton. Pair him with a 2nd or third rounder from this year's receiving draft class, Crowder and Herndon - plus Bell - could be amazing. 

38 minutes ago, Lith said:

You have to make the call.  The guy is under contract for 3 more seasons at ~$13M per season.  Given the favorable contract, I cannot imagine what compensation the Texans would be looking for.

Hopkins?  Bar-none, Hopkins is my favorite current WR in the NFL. I'd take him over Thomas and all the others out there.  Long arms and fingertips of glue and extraordinary body agility.  I just love this guy.  So, yes, I'd be interested.  Until I see the price tag probably.  But he is the real deal.  since it is the WR position, there is greater fungibility and availability in the draft, so I don't think any team would even come close to a pair of 1st rounders (Keyshawn Johnson - like).  Maybe it would happen for the standard 1st & 3rd.  

2 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Anyone?! He’s actually played well at Guard. 10 seems a lot tho. 

Every time I hear his name, I just thought I always remember him playing absolutely terrible football.

What am I missing here?

No trying to be a Richard, but, I honestly dont ever remember people talking about him well, but then again I cant say I followed his career much.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Anyone?! He’s actually played well at Guard. 10 seems a lot tho. 

His technique with NYG was beyond horrible.  Maybe Callahan "fixed him" down in WSH,
but 10 million for what I remember with the NYG is way too much

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

A slight surprise to me, but I guess the low tender offers no real protection as he was undrafted and the 2nd round tender comes at too high a dollar amount.

He did play fairly well when he was thrown out there - hopefully he comes back as experienced depth, at a price the Jets are prepared to pay.

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Thuney has been tagged.  If Conklin chooses someplace else like the Browns and now Scherff isn't available, the quality of the FA OLine group drops and the prices go up.  Joe D. will be in a very, very tough position to satisfy team needs.....and fans.

Agreed.

We just have to over pay and pray.

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Thuney has been tagged.  If Conklin chooses someplace else like the Browns and now Scherff isn't available, the quality of the FA OLine group drops and the prices go up.  Joe D. will be in a very, very tough position to satisfy team needs.....and fans.

I stated quite a few times, the OL market was going to be highly competitive in FA.

Gotta go oline heavy in the draft

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Hopkins?  Bar-none, Hopkins is my favorite current WR in the NFL. I'd take him over Thomas and all the others out there.  Long arms and fingertips of glue and extraordinary body agility.  I just love this guy.  So, yes, I'd be interested.  Until I see the price tag probably.  But he is the real deal.  since it is the WR position, there is greater fungibility and availability in the draft, so I don't think any team would even come close to a pair of 1st rounders (Keyshawn Johnson - like).  Maybe it would happen for the standard 1st & 3rd.  

Hopkins is great, but if you are enamored of his hands of glue, then you really should love Thomas even more.  
Hopkins catch % last 3 seasons: 55.2%, 70.6%, 69.3%.  Pretty solid the last two years.

Thomas catch % last 3 season: 69.8%, 85.0%, 80.5%.  That's extra-terrestrial.

They are both amazing talents.  Clearly the top 2 in the league.  But Thomas just catches everything.

it's nearly noon so if any deals were on the verge of being made they'd be known by now.  sounds like conklin is listening to offers from multiple teams.  the jets aren't scarring anyone away with their offer, yet.  get conklin and glasgow and then the draft will be a whole lot easier to manage.

17 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I have nothing but my own individual disdain for Mayfield and some interviews with Conklin to go off but Conklin doesnt seem like the type of guy that endears himself to Bakery Mayflower, certainly not enough to take less money than what the Jets are willing to offer.