Rumors, Leaks, Reports, Whines, in 2020 Free Agency

jetstream23

He's a SS that's going to want 16+ mil on a team with no oline, edge, wrs or corners. I don't understand why people want to keep this guy so much. He wants to be paid higher than Mike Evans, Hopkins, Davante Adams, the highest paid corner in the league etc he's a luxury we can't afford with how piss poor our roster is right now. He also doesn't generate turnovers and his sacks are likely to drop with the addition of an adequate edge rusher. Hell of a talent but if we can swing him for a 1st and a 3rd we should do it in a heartbeat 
He's the best player on the team and a game changer .. pay the man

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

In a nutshell (abridged version):
1. Adams' strong safety position is perhaps the least valuable position in the NFL  outside of special teams
2. Adams could potentially yield a couple of Day1/Day2 picks to fill more important holes on the roster like Edge rusher, WR, CB, and *ahem* OL.  
3. Adams will cost a royal fortune after his rookie contract in another year and the price would be detrimental to the Jets spending where it will be most needed.  Just not worth investing that in a safety when down the road it will impede the team's ability to fill other positions where talent is most needed.
4. Some say (not me necessarily) that Adams is vastly overrated and once there is a genuine pass rush, Adams will return to being a below average guy in coverage with the occasional blitz for a sack.    And anyone who won't admit that Adams is actually terrible in coverage is outright lying.

Wrong ... He single handedly changed the direction of games last year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001103232/article/panthers-buccaneers-ignite-unpredictable-quarterback-carousel

Likely to be franchise-tagged:

• AJ Green
  • Hunter Henry 
  • S Justin Simmons (DEN)
  • DL Chris Jones (KC)
  • EDGE Matthew Judon (BAL)

A few big names likely to hit free agency:

• TE Austin Hooper (ATL)
  • DE Michael Brockers (LAR)
  • EDGE Dante Fowler (LAR)
  • LB De'Vondre Campbell (ATL)

57 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

If this story about thebRaiders offering Brady 60 million over two years is true, he would be nuts not to take it. Of course it depends how much is guaranteed  but I would imagine it would be somewhere North of 25 Million 

Tell you what.....if they want/need him that much, guarantee the whole thing, but spread it out over say 7-10 years.

14 minutes ago, peebag said:

Because he would actually have to play in an environment where cheating is not allowed.  And he's like a 102 years old.

So, a top 3 QB all-time that hasn't missed the playoffs in his lifetime is worth less than a guy who has never won a playoff game?  I get not wanting to pay him more than Cousins.  The idea that he is crazy not to jump on a deal that is 20% less?  The corpse of Tom Brady is worth more than that.

• Haha 1

Summary from this:

Thuney and Glasgow on the priority list. Sources say Jets would love to sign both.

Douglas goal is to address large chunk of OL in the draft. 

Targeting CB Bradberry in FA. 

Sources expect them to also target Dante Fowler. And have no interest in Clowney because he’s a douche. 

They’d be interested in Judon but too tricky considering they’ll prob tag him. 

Not willing to pay 13-15 for Robby. Only around 10. 

Cant wait to get Hernond in lineup. Will look to sign another veteran TE possibly. 

“The guy is going to be great for that team,” one said. “He’s everything you want.” (About Douglas)

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Summary from this:

Thuney and Glasgow on the priority list. Sources say Jets would love to sign both.

Targeting CB Bradberry in FA. 

Sources expect them to also target Dante Fowler. And have no interest in Clowney because he’s a douche. 

They’d be interested in Judon but too tricky considering they’ll prob tag him. 

Not willing to pay 13-15 for Robby. Only around 10. 

Cant wait to get Hernond in lineup. Will look to sign another veteran TE possibly. 

“The guy is going to be great for that team,” one said. “He’s everything you want.” (About Douglas)

I didn’t read the article, but I’m wondering if there’s anything about wrs besides not wanting to pay Anderson.

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I didn’t read the article, but I’m wondering if there’s anything about wrs besides not wanting to pay Anderson.

Just that one agent believed his value will drop because how deep the draft is. But to still expect Robby’s agent to get teams in a bidding war to drive up his price. 

But nothing outside of that. 

Just now, Samtorobby47 said:

Just that one agent believed his value will drop because how deep the draft is. But to still expect Robby’s agent to get teams in a bidding war to drive up his price. 

But nothing outside of that. 

Thanks. I just have this fear the jets won’t address wr in the draft until round 3.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Gase and Douglas talk about it for like 2 seconds here. But it’s been a theme. They want OL and playmakers. 

They have been sayng all the right things; now lets see what they do in FA and the draft.  Hopefully they walk the talk and go OL and WR early.

• Upvote 2

On 2/29/2020 at 5:01 PM, Samtorobby47 said:

I’m not quite sure we are going to able to get our LT at 11 anymore. 

We should be focusing our free agency $ on Conklin / Glasgow / Vaitai or Thuney / Glasgow / Vaitai.

This could free us up at 11. WR, Edge, or trade back. Could still get Austin Jackson or Josh Jones in a trade back or beginning of the 2nd possibly.

Center can be in play rounds 3 and on. Tack on a guard in later rounds.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

42 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001104910/article/jamal-adams-fa-wish-list-includes-dante-fowler

So Jamal wants Clowney, Fowler, Ngakoue as a pass usher is a safeties best friend!

He won't be pleased when he does not get to rush the passer from the edge on 50% of the plays.

Jamal is as good a recruiter as Phil Jackson

20 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I’m not quite sure we are going to able to get our LT at 11 anymore. 

We should be focusing our free agency $ on Conklin / Glasgow / Vaitai or Thuney / Glasgow / Vaitai.

This could free us up at 11. WR, Edge, or trade back. Could still get Austin Jackson or Josh Jones in a trade back or beginning of the 2nd possibly.

Center can be in play rounds 3 and on. Tack on a guard in later rounds.

If none of the top 3 OTs (Wirfs, Thomas, Becton) don’t make it to 11 the jets have to go WR

• Post of the Week 1