Leonard Williams trade looks better and better - DE looking for 18-20 million dollars per year.

11 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Asking and getting are two different things, as Clooney is finding out.

Moggs, who did we take with the 3rd round pick from the Giants? Was it the Zuniga pick?

You truly don't know that? If not it would take 2 seconds to find it. The Jet got Ashtyn Davis with the Giant pick at 68. Zuniga was the 79th pick,,,in the 3rd round. Neither Adams or Williams are getting 20 million, period!

19 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Asking and getting are two different things, as Clowney is finding out.

Moggs, who did we take with the 3rd round pick from the Giants this draft? Was it Zuniga?

I beeeeeeelieve it was Ashtyn Davis, but don't quote me on that lol.

***Ninja'd by GaryM.  Yeah it was Davis.***

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, GaryM said:

You truly don't know that? If not it would take 2 seconds to find it. The Jet got Ashtyn Davis with the Giant pick at 68. Zuniga was the 79th pick,,,in the 3rd round. Neither Adams or Williams are getting 20 million, period!

Wasn’t sure if it was him or Davis. Excuse me for asking...?

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I beeeeeeelieve it was Davis, but don't quote me on that lol.

Nice job. Gary M was ready to pounce if you got it wrong.... ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, GaryM said:

The cap is going to decrease 15-20% next year.  These guys’ agents must snorting a mountain of blow

• Post of the Week 1

Lol UDFA Kyle Phillips outplayed Leonard Williams Last year, except for QB hits and he is younger and costs like $19 million less than what Leo wants. SOOOOO delusional its actually funny. No one can tell me that draft position doesn't follow around players team to team despite their actual performance. The king was Sam Bradford

Leonard Williams

Games Def Interceptions Fumbles   Tackles    
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Int Yds TD Lng PD FF Fmb FR Yds TD Sk Comb Solo Ast TFL QBHits Sfty AV
Career       79 75 1 6 0 6 6 3 0 0 0 0 17.5 266 135 131 34 101   41
5 yrs NYJ     71 70 1 6 0 6 4 2 0 0 0 0 17.0 220 114 118 32 90   38
1 yr NYG     8 5 0 0 0 0 2 1 0 0 0 0 0.5     13 2
2015 21 NYJ RDE 92 16 15                     3.0 63 29 34 7 21   9
2016* 22 NYJ LDE 92 16 16           2 0 0 0 0 7.0 68 36 32 11 19   10
2017 23 NYJ LDE 92 16 16 1 6 0 6 1           2.0 47 22 25 3 25   8
2018 24 NYJ LDE 92 16 16 0 0 0 0 2           5.0 42 27 15 11 20   8
2019 25 2TM     15 12 0 0 0 0 3 1 0 0 0 0 0.5 46 21 25 2 16   6
    NYG lde 99 8 5 0 0 0 0 2 1 0 0 0 0 0.5 26 13 13 2 11   3
    NYJ lde 92 7 7 0 0 0 0 1           0.0 20 8 12 0 5   3

Kyle Phillips

Games Def Interceptions Fumbles   Tackles    
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Int Yds TD Lng PD FF Fmb FR Yds TD Sk Comb Solo Ast TFL QBHits Sfty AV
Career       15 4 0 0 0 0 1           1.5 39 21 18
2019 24 NYJ   98 15 4 0 0 0 0 1           1.5 39 21 18 7 6   4
  • Upvote 1

Just checked a Giants board to see what they’re saying.

Pretty much like here, except they’re ok tagging him two years in his prime then letting him go for a high pick.

Theres also a rumor there (with link to story) talking about a possible trade of LW for Chris Jones of the Chiefs. 

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Just imagine for one moment that Ashtyn Davis turns out to be an absolute stud free safety (pro bowl level), not out of the question based on his athletic ability & drive. 

So that allows Joe Douglas to move on from the self appointed Prez so instead of giving him 17-20 million we can continue to build this team by spending in more important positions (pass rushers), (cornerbacks), ect. 

That one trade of an overrated Dlineman saved us 16 million dollars, plus maybe 17-20 million (33-36 million), on two positions that are not top 5 priority in the NFL. That would be the first time in my memory that any Jet GM didn't resign overrated players to ridiculous cap killing contracts. 

I think we finally got our man in Joe Douglas. Your GM needs to be a Chess player not checkers, and he's armed with a 6 year contract to protect him from harm building the Jets with his eye on the future. Whatever happens to Adam Gase, Jetnation owes a debt of gratitude to him for forcing McCaggnon out so Joe Douglas could be brought in. 

So far, I couldn't be happier with Joe Douglas's performance. However, while the future looks bright, it is way too soon to anoint him the savior.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Jetster said:

Just imagine for one moment that Ashtyn Davis turns out to be an absolute stud free safety (pro bowl level), not out of the question based on his athletic ability & drive. 

So that allows Joe Douglas to move on from the self appointed Prez so instead of giving him 17-20 million we can continue to build this team by spending in more important positions (pass rushers), (cornerbacks), ect. 

first off Ashtyn Davis being a Pro Bowl FS doesn't replace All Pro SS Adams. Teams need 2 safeties. They do very different jobs. 

the problem with this bolded logic is it assumes great pass rushers and corners get to the open market. 

Clowney is on the market right now the Jets aren't showing interest at that price

Logan Ryan is on the market right now the Jets aren't showing interest at that price

either Clowney/Ryan sucks (entirely possible) or the Jets don't want to pay anyone they don't have to pay 

just to be clear the team is under the cap floor at the moment. "Starving the beast" with more cuts to come 

they will give the money to a Trumaine Johnson or Bell but getting above the floor is not the same as funding the roster adequately or paying for your homegrown draft picks

it's just getting above the floor 

30 minutes ago, bitonti said:

first off Ashtyn Davis being a Pro Bowl FS doesn't replace All Pro SS Adams. Teams need 2 safeties. They do very different jobs. 

the problem with this bolded logic is it assumes great pass rushers and corners get to the open market. 

Clowney is on the market right now the Jets aren't showing interest at that price

Logan Ryan is on the market right now the Jets aren't showing interest at that price

either Clowney/Ryan sucks (entirely possible) or the Jets don't want to pay anyone they don't have to pay 

just to be clear the team is under the cap floor at the moment. "Starving the beast" with more cuts to come 

they will give the money to a Trumaine Johnson or Bell but getting above the floor is not the same as funding the roster adequately or paying for your homegrown draft picks

it's just getting above the floor 

You could have SS by committee. Hell, Patrick Onsuasor could play in the box. If the Jets had a pass rusher, having their LB group with Mosely healthy they wouldn't miss Jamal Adams. I would do Ngakoue straight up for Adams.