Training Camp Tweets 8/17

kdels62

I know it's frustrating for a guy like Mims (and Zuniga) to be out and that he's missing valuable practice reps, but it doesn't sound serious. I'd rather get some of these soft tissue injuries out of the way now then have them pop up when the season starts. Hopefully it doesn't linger.

The V.Smith one sounds like it may be more serious. Not thrilled about the Hogan signing (would have preferred DT) but am surprised that there have been no Cager or Campbell sightings but have seen Chesson and J. Smith mentioned.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

At least they put Becton at LT and are just going with it.   Give him as much work as possible there.   He could be the best player in that draft 3 years from now.  

If he can get it all together, he could be very special. Jonathan Ogden special would be amazing.

• Sympathy 1

Some of these injuries are bummers. Mims, Desir, Vyn Smith, now Burgess?  These are all guys I really wanted to see out there. 

It's not just the Jets BTW I'm watching NFL Network and guys are dropping like flies around the league with injuries. Gerald McCoy, Trae Waynes, Jalen Hurd, just to name a few.

I don't really think Chris Hogan is enough. Joe Douglas may have to make a few phone calls maybe to the Rams for Cooper Kupp?

8 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Some of these injuries are bummers. Mims, Desir, Vyn Smith, now Burgess?  These are all guys I really wanted to see out there. 

It's not just the Jets BTW I'm watching NFL Network and guys are dropping like flies around the league with injuries. Gerald McCoy, Trae Waynes, Jalen Hurd, just to name a few.

I don't really think Chris Hogan is enough. Joe Douglas may have to make a few phone calls maybe to the Rams for Cooper Kupp?

Rookies especially are having problems. Some speculate it has to do from combine training wear and tear. 

47 minutes ago, KRL said:

Knowing how they operate, I'll try to fill in details of the media's
practice coverage:

- The WR's outside of Perriman and Crowder are unknown to them so
the fact that they aren't mentioning "how bad they look" or "how
many balls they dropped" are positive signs

- Gregg Williams goes "off script" throughout practice so the fact
that they aren't mentioning how "confused the offense looks" is
a good sign

- The fact that outside of how impressive Becton has looked they haven't
mentioned the OLine is a good sign.  Why?  Because everyone knows
that was the biggest weakness, if there was a hint of poor blocking or
confusion they would jump all over it 

- Becton must be putting on a clinic for them to notice and mention
an OLineman.  They never do that

My two cents

Agree with all of this except the last point. Becton was the Jets' first round pick, and beat writers always focus on those guys (because they know fans want updates on the new savior), OL or not.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Hogan is a local Jersey guy.  I think he is from Wykoff and trained with Defranco.  @joewiliy12 is a Monmouth guy, that is why he loved Sterling so much.  Funny I never heard him mention Hogan.  They might have just signed him to cover some practice time.  Probably quicker to get into camp than Thomas or anybody else.

I mentioned Hogan a longtime ago as being a Monmouth product. Hopefully he gives us what Decker did. We are due to get lucky sooner or later. 

NY Jets tried out 2 other Monmouth players yesterday i think. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

It was nice to hear Perriman day that the other day. But Gore saying it means something. Can’t wait to watch Darnold.

Look who Perriman had to work with...

Jameis. Talk about no touch or accuracy. Threw a lot of TDs but also a lot of int’s. Only one speed (Hard) on passes

• Upvote 1

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

Look who Perriman had to work with...

Jameis. Talk about no touch or accuracy. Threw a lot of TDs but also a lot of int’s. Only one speed (Hard) on passes

honest question is Sam Darnold better than Jameis Winston (and show your work) 

i feel like only Jets fans think Sam Darnold is any good. To the rest of the nation he's like the 26th out of 32 starting Qbs 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 5

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I mentioned Hogan a longtime ago as being a Monmouth product. Hopefully he gives us what Decker did. We are due to get lucky sooner or later. 

NY Jets tried out 2 other Monmouth players yesterday i think. 

I'm glad you brought up Decker, as I just referenced Joe Douglas making some phone calls as I think we may need to trade for somebody of that level. I mentioned Cooper Kupp..he actually reminds me a lot of Quincy Enunwa.

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

i like how everyone who sees Becton in person realizes he's huge

like they couldn't just take everyone else's word for it

or mentally they weren't prepared for exactly how huge he is 

You know it's funny that the pro wrestlers say the same thing about Andre the Giant. Guys who usually go 6 ft 3 235 are way bigger than the average man. When you're around a dude who's six-foot-eight 370 you definitely notice lol.

I'll never forget being at the Coliseum when I was a kid and I saw King Kong Bundy vs. Andre the Giant. But when I actually got up really close to Hulk Hogan about 5 feet away, his legs were so big it was ridiculous. His thighs where as big as my torso.

Go look up Andre the Giant holding a 12 oz beer can in his hand LOL.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Without a mini camp and OTA's, i'm expecting a lot of this, and so should all the doom criers.  I've actually been pleasantly surprised that the Jets seem to be in pretty good shape all things considered...

(Knock on wood)