Ray Lucas Out at SNY

Gangrene

Bummer,  I enjoyed Lucas's hard nosed take on Jets post games.

Per the NY Post 

"Ray Lucas will not be on SNY’s Jets programming this season, The Post has learned.

Lucas and SNY could not come to a new agreement on a contract with the major sticking point being money, according to sources.

Lucas’ agent, Mark Lepselter, said it was a “mutual parting.” SNY also confirmed the decision.

SNY is the cable home of the Jets. Its postgame show with Lucas has made some noise over the years. The show will now feature a two-person front with host Jonas Schwartz being joined by Bart Scott.

SNY will use Chad Cascadden and Jamaal Westerman more on its coverage. Both will appear on the pre and postgame Jets’ shows."

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Bart Scott played the Ray Lucas role better than Ray Lucas did.  They were always trying to outdo each other on the same side of the argument, was tedious, wasn’t great TV like the old days with Lucas and Shein.  

I hated Bart Scott as a player but he’s a great broadcaster.  If one of them had to go, I’m glad it was Ray.  Hopefully they put Maria Marino in, she definitely rubs  the edge off a hard loss. 

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Bart Scott played the Ray Lucas role better than Ray Lucas did.  They were always trying to outdo each other on the same side of the argument, was tedious, wasn’t great TV like the old days with Lucas and Shein.  

I hated Bart Scott as a player but he’s a great broadcaster.  If one of them had to go, I’m glad it was Ray.  Hopefully they put Maria Marino in, she definitely rubs  the edge off a hard loss. 

SAR I

profile.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 3

i hope lucas is still doing his post game somewhere for some team.  i like bart scott too.  and i'd throw in cascadden, buttle and eric washington.  some of the sny show is a little hokey like when coakley interviews the players but i get it.  it's too bad the jets don't get the same coverage that the giaints do.

44 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Bummer.  The Lucas / Scott banter has been priceless over the years and was often the highlight of a usually disappointing game-day.   

Is Bart still on there? Being out of NJ/NY I don’t get to watch it anymore but I loved it with both of them on there. 

I thought Ray was trying to hard to be a player guy. Constantly saying pay the man or some other colloquialism player side of things. Not enough football talk about formation, line play and the like from a ex professional qb in my opinion. Loved his fandom but not his trying to outdo Bart being Bart and when together x and O left the conversation. Run the damn ball, pay the man, catch the damn ball don't due it for me. 

l

l

• Upvote 1