Josh Allen 24/35 417 4TDs

GreekJet

27 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

I wanted Darnold and thought that Allen was the worst by far out of the 5 QB's drafted in the 1st round.  He has been great so far, no if's and's or but's about it.  That being said, I still think Darnold will be a franchise level QB.

I can't wait for him to get cut so I can follow a new team.  In the meantime, I will enjoy my Stars in the Stanley Cup.

59 minutes ago, yvj said:

Baker, Darnold and Rosen going through growing pains to says the least but Jackson and Allen are putting up MVP numbers. It's cruel but sports be like that sometimes.

Hmmm,  Baker, Darnold and Rosen were drafted by dysfunctional organizations who did not immediately build a supporting cast for them (you could argue they worked quickly to get Mayfield targets but the OL is still not there). while Allen and Jackson have been well coached and handed a road paved in gold.  Maybe there is something to the opinion that Darnold could be a good QB if he were drafted by the Ravens or Bills.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, Icer said:

I will admit he is playing well, but I still wouldnt count on him not to do some dumb sh*t in a big game

He looks much different from his first two years, he is no longer firing every pass, he has learned touch and has become much more accurate.

1 hour ago, GreekJet said:

Wow! I don’t want to get banned for this, but he is having an MVP start to the season. 

Got to pin some of the blame on Douglas/Gase as the Bills have done a much better job developing/building around their young QB. 

Sad days to be a Jets fan 

Surrounded with talented skill players. 
sam has dog vomit for skill players. Even if Sam is a bust going to be hard to know when he’s playing with JV High School equivalents 

17 minutes ago, deucebag said:

He looks much different from his first two years, he is no longer firing every pass, he has learned touch and has become much more accurate.

Was thinking more along the lines of the two fumbles last week and his lateral in the playoffs last year

He's played arguably the 2 worst teams in the league but I agree, he looks drastically better.   They've done a great job of surrounding him with talent and catered a system that fits his style.  Have to hand it to the Bills, they're pretty much are taking the Jets to class on how to build around a franchise QB.  

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

He's played arguably the 2 worst teams in the league but I agree, he looks drastically better.   They've done a great job of surrounding him with talent and catered a system that fits his style.  Have to hand it to the Bills, they're pretty much are taking the Jets to class on how to build around a franchise QB.  

We just played the 9ers second string and what did darnold do? Credit for Josh he was throwing dots and dimes 400 yards today 4 TDs no TOs man today sucks to be a jets fan 

20 minutes ago, JiF said:

I don’t like him long term, but as I said last week, there are things to build around.  He’s a good runner and has that arm.  Darnold has bad mechanics, bad footwork, poor decision making, a okay at best arm, fair accuracy, and poor awareness.  All of which can be good with a poor coach and poor supporting cast.  I’m selling on Allen, but at least he brings something.  What does Darnold actually do well?

2 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Allen/Lamar may the most athletic, but they're also the biggest "Gamers" as well.

Lamar has a huge chip on his shoulder. I think he puts it there himself to get himself going, but people said he couldn't throw and then he worked and worked...came out last season and was one of the better passers in the league. Throw on his running with that determination and he's a monster. 

Allen is the same. The guy is relentless in doing whatever it takes and lives Football. Diggs made a comment about how he loves Allen because he knows Allen will "go hard" all the time. Allen had a problem with the deep ball..now he's he's chucking it down field like he's Rodgers. 

You said it far more eloquently than I could have.

But they’re both just GAMERS.

They have a fire that I just don’t see Sam have.

Im still holding out hope that Sam can be an Alex Smith level QB, but damn, I would love a little bit of this fire every now and then...

2 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Josh Allen is just flat out good. He's dynamic and coming from a pro style offense in college, where he wasn't dumping an inflated amount of screen passes to pump up his completion percentage. Mac was an idiot for not picking the guy. Actually people thought it was crazy for the mocks to have him 1st overall. Many on this board are so much a fan of their opinion that they can't admit they're wrong on the guy.

pure revisionist history  here. Ask any Bills fan if in that draft if the choice was between Allen and Darnold, who they would want. 

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

pure revisionist history  here. Ask any Bills fan if in that draft if the choice was between Allen and Darnold, who they would want. 

Why must I ask a Bill fan? I'm a Jets fan who with the 3rd pick wanted Josh Allen over the others guys (Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen Darnold). It wasn't til last season that I changed my Josh Allen profile pic.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

I wanted Darnold and thought that Allen was the worst by far out of the 5 QB's drafted in the 1st round.  He has been great so far, no if's and's or but's about it.  That being said, I still think Darnold will be a franchise level QB.

When he is traded to Philly for a safety 

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Bills fan here.

I wanted Darnold a year before the draft. I wanted Rosen when they picked Allen.

With that being said, I am happy to be wrong. I wouldn't take Darnold, Rosen or Baker in a redo.

2 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

Bills fan here.

I wanted Darnold a year before the draft. I wanted Rosen when they picked Allen.

With that being said, I am happy to be wrong. I wouldn't take Darnold, Rosen or Baker in a redo.

On draft night, my preferences were Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield, Allen.  In that order.  At this point, Allen appears to be the best of the 4 by a significant margin.  You guys have a great coaching staff and a solid front office.  Light years ahead of the dumpster fire that is the Jets right now.  If we are not going to be the ones to end the Patriots dominance in our Division, may as well be you guys.