Should CJ Fire Gase Before the Season Ends?

TNJet

Fire Gase Mid Season?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Fire Gase?

Yes he should. Normally I would say give him till the half way mark, wait to see if he loses the locker room, too early to tell- play it by ear, etc., etc. But no, I've seen enough to know he is not what this team needs and he is, simply put, a failure. The sooner the Jets can move on from Gase the better. Name GW as interim head coach, I think the team will play hard for him the rest of the season. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Mogglez said:

Yes.  Especially if you want to truly do everything in your power to evaluate Sam.  Jim Bob Cooter can't be worse than Gase at calling plays.  Give Greg the HC position, let Jim operate the offense that he believes would suit Sam, and see if there is any improvement.

Also, it's abundantly clear the players aren't buying in anymore.  That in itself should be the kiss of death.

Give Loggains a shot at OC.  If it doesn’t work out hire Bates who is available 

• Thumb Down 1

He should be fired tomorrow. They won't. But they should.

My fear is we'll squeak out an ugly win against Indy and then beat up a bad Broncos team whose injuries are piling up. Not that I don't want my team to win, because of course I do. But it will give this owner the belief that Gase is turning things around when he isn't.

6-10 and I bet Gase gets a third year.

• Upvote 1

It is too early to tell. Hear me out before you yell at me.

Gase is getting fired when this season ends. He deserves to be fired. But even if it was debatable, which it isn't, he would still get fired. Why? Because next year this team is going to need to sell seats at a level they haven't seen since opening the new stadium.

You can't sell Gase to the fans. So he is gone regardless.

But firing him now makes sense if Douglas feels he is doing permanent damage to Sam. I think he is doing permanent damage to Sam.

The reason I say no to firing Gase is because it is worth seeing how far he can ride this. You never try to lose. But damn if he can ride this team to a Trevor Lawrence pick, so be it.

I don't think that will be the case. He will win some games so the #1 overall pick isn't going to be in play. I would just find out first.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Yes.  Especially if you want to truly do everything in your power to evaluate Sam.  Jim Bob Cooter can't be worse than Gase at calling plays.  Give Greg the HC position, let Jim operate the offense that he believes would suit Sam, and see if there is any improvement.

Also, it's abundantly clear the players aren't buying in anymore.  That in itself should be the kiss of death.

Yeah, I mean, being bad is one thing, but being non-competitive is another deal entirely. The Jets are going out there looking to lose. It’s time to make the change. Gregg sucks, but you have to put someone’s head on a pike to show that rolling over is not acceptable. 

• Post of the Week 4

Yes. If we are 0-4 I'd do it by then. Horrible coach. Let GW be interim.

CJ isn’t firing anyone. CJ isn’t signing anyone.

Joe Douglas is the GM. The only evidence you need is that Jamal Adams was traded. If it was up to CJ Jamal would.m be making $18.5 mil for the ny Jets

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

We should fire him tonight, we have been completely unprepared and Gase's offense is not only not where offense is going it is not even where it was, it is incredibly bad. Most unimaginative set of run plays ever, no dual run/pass formations, no motion almost no play action. Just static and terrible.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Lot K Tailgaters said:

We should fire him but who replaces him?  Our defense has been awful too so not sure if Williams is the answer for interim.  At this point Darnold is being ruined.  We can draft Lawerence but this team has so many holes that we could have Joe Montana in his prime as our QB we would still be awful.  

Williams would be interim HC with Loggains as OC 

Jets could hire Bates in the offseason if Loggains doesn’t work out

15 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

CJ isn’t firing anyone. CJ isn’t signing anyone.

Joe Douglas is the GM. The only evidence you need is that Jamal Adams was traded. If it was up to CJ Jamal would.m be making $18.5 mil for the ny Jets

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

JD at some point has to know his own job is at stake.  I don’t care if he has a 6 year contract this roster is underperforming like crazy with Gase and it makes JD look bad

• Upvote 2