Why NOT Fire Gase Today?

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I wish Francesa was still on the air.  Only because I know the Maras and the Johnsons both listen to him.  Leading up to the Gase hire Francesa spoke positively about Gase on air and no doubt that influenced Woody and Chrissy

Francesa bashing Gase for 3 hours probably gets the job done.  Gase has to go.

• Upvote 1

Just now, bitonti said:

Because the owners will not tolerate paying an employee not to work

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

They get to save money. Douglas gets to keep derping along on his year and a half self-scout. Gase gets access to smelling salts. The boys get to take it easy and fade CTE for another season. The fans get a franchisey new quarterback to absolve for being bad at football. Everybody wins. Except anybody who's paying attention.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

TL wants no part of the jets-he does not want to go where first round draft picks go to die

That's where Joe Douglas comes in and sells him on his vision for the Jets, and shows how hes done the right thing drafting Becton and Mims.

Stop with the fatalism, at some point were going to get the right players in here and draft well, then it'll just be a matter of getting the right QB for the job.

1 hour ago, southtown24th said:

I can think of 0 reasons not to fire him today.

Discuss.

The Jets owe him alot of money.  And they don't generally like paying people to not work for them.

Not justifying it.  Just explaining it.  I fully expect Gase to finish out this season, no matter what the record.

I'm tired of Sam Darnold too. Lately he's been rolling out and instead of keeping his eyes up field he's looking down @ the chains and missing guys who are COMPLETELY WIDE OPEN FOR TD's downfield and not even seeing them. 

Just keep Gase.

This way we can finish 0-16 and replace Sam with Trevor and find a new head coach who won't ruin Trevor. 

You selfish, entitled Jets fans have always been a big part of the problem.

Try being part of the solution for once.

Gase, Gregg, and Sam get the next 14 weeks to prove that, when healthy, we are headed in the right direction.  If you're not onboard with the rebuild strategy, it's really simple.  Step off.  You demand that your players and your coaches act like warriors, that they bleed for you, yet you curl up and cry like little pu**ies the moment things get rough for you at the water cooler.  Grow up.

SAR I

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Gase, Gregg, and Sam get the next 14 weeks to prove that, when healthy, we are headed in the right direction.  If you're not onboard with the rebuild strategy, it's really simple.  Step off.  You demand that your players and your coaches act like warriors, that they bleed for you, yet you curl up and cry like little pu**ies the moment things get rough for you at the water cooler.  Grow up.

SAR I

Okay, what you said is beyond stupid. 

Anyways, I’d keep Gase because it truly increases the chances of us landing the 1st overall pick. The interim coach can come in here and spread out new energy that will win us maybe 3-5 wins. Let’s keep Gase until the end of the year and then can the jackass.

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Meanwhile you've strongly criticized GW and Sam this season, while fiercely defending Gase.

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Meanwhile you've strongly criticized GW and Sam this season, while fiercely defending Gase.

I'm the idiot who said the Jets were going 10-6 yet I'm one of the few saying, whoa, time out, this team is way too beat up to have those kind of expectations, and I can't see how I can blame Gase for this disappointment when he's missing 5 of his 6 most dependable receiving threats.

I criticize Sam because he's making junior high school mistakes.  Gase can't teach him Quarterback 300 when he is getting an F in Intro To Quarterback.  If Sam doesn't understand taking a smart incompletion instead of running out of bounds for a loss after all these years, trust me, Gase isn't Sam's problem.

I criticize Gregg because the D can't tackle and is getting gashed for huge plays, two basics that this same D exceled in for most of last season.

Sam has all arms, legs, and spleens functioning properly.  Gregg has a healthy roster of repeat guys from last season.  There are no excuses for their mistakes.

SAR I

29 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

So let's pretend we fire Gase after the Broncos game.

Williams becomes interim H.C.?

Does Samwise Gamgee go too?  If so, who's the O.C., who's calling plays for the offense?  I can't see them firing Gase and not the Hobbit too.

Williams is the most likely candidate for interim, as he has HC experience with the Bills and Browns.

Jim Bob Cooter is the best OC candidate on the staff, based on his experience with the Lions.