Trevor Lawerence vs Justin Fields

Trevor Lawerence vs Justin Fields  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Who do we draft at potentially #1?

25 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm on record, obviously subject to change once OSU starts playing but if you're giving me a choice right now, Lawrence or Fields, I'm taking Fields.  

I said this in the "generational talent thread" but it fits here too.  I cant wait to see OSU get playing because IMO Fields is the more intriguing prospect.  There is a trend going on in the NFL and it's real and Fields fit that trend.  The QB's that have been taken lately with a skill set that you just straight up cant teach (Mahomes, Watson, Wilson, Murrary, Jackson, Allen) over the traditional polished pocket passer.  That is Fields.  He brings a skill set to the table Lawrence could only dream of.  If you havent been paying attention, that is what you want in a prospect these days. 

I couldn't agree more with this post.  

I don't know a lot about Fields or Lawrence - but I am on the record of going with whichever QB is more of threat with their legs.  We want a super athlete at the QB position.  Today's NFL is built for guys like that.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’ve never really seen it with Fields, and I dislike that he bounced on two different programs so he could inherit the Ohio State starting gig, and his whiny “Let Us Play” interview was entitled and incoherent. Feels like you’d be putting a primadonna at QB for a Jets team that needs a rock-ribbed leader. 

How is it Fields fault that Kirby Smart has no idea how to find/develop a QB?  He was 10000x better than Fromm.  They'd probably have a Naty if they kept him.  Not even comparable how much better he is/was and why knock the kid for clearly making a great decision?

Burrow jumped programs, Russell Wilson jumped programs, Minshew jumped programs, Mayfield jumped programs, Kyler Murray jumped programs.

and you're knocking him for wanting to play Football?

Maybe one of your worst takes ever.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I couldn't agree more with this post.  

I don't know a lot about Fields or Lawrence - but I am on the record of going with whichever QB is more of threat with their legs.  We want a super athlete at the QB position.  Today's NFL is built for guys like that.

QBs that can throw first run second. Jackson is a prime example of why you need a QB that wants to throw first. He’s not winning a SB until he figures this out. 

12 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

QBs that can throw first run second. Jackson is a prime example of why you need a QB that wants to throw first. He’s not winning a SB until he figures this out. 

Oh, I agree.  I'm not talking about drafitng a RB to play QB.  But a legitimate QB prospect that's also a sick athlete.  

I guess maybe a running QB isn't the word I'm looking for but a great athlete as a QB.

A quarterback with the ability to escape and create is the best case scenario.  I prefer the ones always looking to throw when the pocket breaks down over the one read and bail types. 

I'm talking about the Rodgers, Wilson, Rapistburger (in his prime), and obviously Pat. 

• Upvote 1

I'll do a comparison video between Lawrence, Fields and Trey Lance over in the draft forum this week so you guys can form your own opinion. Bottom line, none of them would succeed given the current coaching staff & roster the Jets are currently fielding.

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Wouldn’t it be amazing if the jets and giants get the 1st and 2nd picks and take Lawrence and fields.  It’s actually not that far fetched, since jones looks like a turnover machine.  

I’m hoping we get 1st pick and Gmen end up with the 4th missing out on Fields making their new GM stuck with Daniel Jones, the turnover machine. Gmen fans were crapping on Darnold calling Jones special this offseason. That’s evaporated quickly. He’s good for two turnovers a game. Without fail.

47 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’ve never really seen it with Fields, and I dislike that he bounced on two different programs so he could inherit the Ohio State starting gig, and his whiny “Let Us Play” interview was entitled and incoherent. Feels like you’d be putting a primadonna at QB for a Jets team that needs a rock-ribbed leader. 

If we are being fair both the QBs that left Georgia cause of Kirby love for Fromm are gonna be drafted higher than fromm.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I'll do a comparison video between Lawrence, Fields and Trey Lance over in the draft forum this week so you guys can form your own opinion. Bottom line, none of them would succeed given the current coaching staff & roster the Jets are currently fielding.

Jets are gonna hire Dan Mullen and it’ll be amazing

11 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Good thing no is expecting the current staff to be here. And with a ton of money and ton of draft picks we expect some improvements on the roster as well. We are all just projecting here

25 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

How ******* sad is it that we're even having this debate? 

This is why the coaching search after Bowles was so crucial.

It’s absolute malpractice what Chris Johnson did by hiring Adam Gase. Everyone knew he’d be a disaster.

Sadly, I thought Sam was good enough to overcome/maintain until Gase’s inevitable firing in 2 years (as predicted by most at the time of hiring).

• Upvote 4

We most likely will be picking 1st or 2nd. So, this thread should be bumping all season/off season. I’m good with either, but if we’re picking 1st, Lawrence should be the pick .

It really appears Joe D went into this season ready to let Gase hang, and hoped to keep Sam upright enough to keep maintain some trade value and ship him away.

Just a real shame what we did to Sam. He still has a lot of talent, and with the right coach/team can still be a star.

Joe D punted on the season and obviously wants his own coach/QB.

1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

He was meh at Stanford.

I'd look at him as a mid round prospect, but not at the top of round 1.

Guess the number of scrubs that were amazing in Mike Leach's offense?

Hint, there's dozens. 

Don't forget who the HC is at Stanford - David Shaw, his philosophy is similar to Bowles win with defense and ball control. 

Costello may be just a product of the system but you could argue similarly with Mahomes , Murray and others, his play deserves more looks as the college season progresses. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Both players are flat out flops if some actual douglas picks from this past year do not pan out and if his picks the next two years fo not pan out and if gase is still anywhere near this team.

Goes without saying. Doesn't really mean anything though. Are you not going to take Lawrence at 1 because you're worried the people around him will cause him to flop?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

Wouldn’t it be amazing if the jets and giants get the 1st and 2nd picks and take Lawrence and fields.  It’s actually not that far fetched, since jones looks like a turnover machine.  

I think it’s a lock that if we pick first we’ll take the wrong one!

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Good thing no is expecting the current staff to be here. And with a ton of money and ton of draft picks we expect some improvements on the roster as well. We are all just projecting here

We have had a ton of money the last couple of years. What free agents are going to come? Not any that want to compete for a playoff spot. The Jets are going to have to overpay for people, like Mosely (that's worked out well).

Until a QB does it in the Pro's any college stats are meaningless.. Case in point this player finished his last year with over 4200 yds passing 42 td's 6 picks completion rate of 71.2 percent.. That so far is better then Trevor has done and the QB's name is Geno Smith..:eek:

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Until a QB does it in the Pro's any college stats are meaningless.. Case in point this player finished his last year with over 4200 yds passing 42 td's 6 picks completion rate of 71.2 percent.. That so far is better then Trevor has done and the QB's name is Geno Smith..:eek:

I love it when you defend Idzik’s record with me, buddy

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Savage69 said:

Geno Smith dropped into the 2nd round for a reason & of course the Jets were stupid enough to think he was great value there. I'll make a bet with you that Trevor Lawrence doesn't drop into the 2nd round ?.

7 hours ago, JiF said:

I'm on record, obviously subject to change once OSU starts playing but if you're giving me a choice right now, Lawrence or Fields, I'm taking Fields.  

I said this in the "generational talent thread" but it fits here too.  I cant wait to see OSU get playing because IMO Fields is the more intriguing prospect.  There is a trend going on in the NFL and it's real and Fields fit that trend.  The QB's that have been taken lately with a skill set that you just straight up cant teach (Mahomes, Watson, Wilson, Murrary, Jackson, Allen) over the traditional polished pocket passer.  That is Fields.  He brings a skill set to the table Lawrence could only dream of.  If you havent been paying attention, that is what you want in a prospect these days. 

Lawrence isn't exactly slow though - He's a phenomenal athlete himself. I'd say he's around a 4.7 guy which is crazy for a 6ft 6 QB.

Only Jackson and Murray from that list are significantly faster. He has more than enough speed to move around in the pocket in the way Mahomes and Rodgers do. Wilson doesn't run as often any more and he's better for it. The elusiveness is more important than being able to take off for big gains.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

Geno Smith dropped into the 2nd round for a reason & of course the Jets were stupid enough to think he was great value there. I'll make a bet with you that Trevor Lawrence doesn't drop into the 2nd round ?.

Nor did Ryan Leaf, Jamarcas Russell, Tim Couch,  or Jameis Winston. I still say until they do it in the Pro's college alone doesn't make you a sure thing. 2 of the top considered QB's of all time were a 3rd rd pick and a 6th rd pick..