Realistic Trade Down Compensation for Trevor Lawrence

neckdemon

Could the Jets realistically get a better deal than what was given for Ricky Williams and would it be worth it? So a teams entire 2021 draft pick allotment plus a 2022 1st? Is that realistic and would you do it? If not....what do you think it would take to make the trade away from Trevor Lawrence worth it?"

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, neckdemon said:

Could the Jets realistically get a better deal than what was given for Ricky Williams and would it be worth it? So a teams entire 2021 draft pick allotment plus a 2022 1st? Is that realistic and would you do it? If not....what do you think it would take to make the trade away from Trevor Lawrence worth it?"

I'm not sure there is a universe where we could enter the draft  with the #1 pick and still have confidence that Darnold is our franchise QB. 

But hypothetically speaking, we could probably get that, if not more,  for Lawrence. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

A QB with the talent that Trevor Lawrence has doesn't come around too often. 

You do not trade the #1 pick you select Trevor Lawrence. 

End of discussion. 

Same was said about Luck.......how did that turn out. If you are offered a complete windfall and don't even entertain it you are a bad GM imo. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

Would really want to take a look at Justin Fields this Fall. If he shows he looks like a true NFL QB, in the mold of the era, you may have to listen to an offer.

Say, if the #2 team wanted Lawrence badly, and you could get 2021 overall 2nd, 2021 2nd round, 2021 3rd round, 2022 1st round, 2023 1st round, I would have to listen.

Probably no, but for a king's ransom, I have to listen

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

fields or lance are options as well....

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Would really want to take a look at Justin Fields this Fall. If he shows he looks like a true NFL QB, in the mold of the era, you may have to listen to an offer.

Say, if the #2 team wanted Lawrence badly, and you could get 2021 overall 2nd, 2021 2nd round, 2021 3rd round, 2022 1st round, 2023 1st round, I would have to listen.

Probably no, but for a king's ransom, I have to listen

Arthur Blank will trade anything necessary to get Trevor.   If the Falcons finish with the 2nd pick, you could get a really good deal to swap picks with them.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

How did the Ricky Williams trade work out for the Saints and Mike Ditka. 

NO WAY IN HELL, 

huh? he is the one who traded all the picks for ricxky williams. in this scenario we would be on the other side of the trade. i guess you could argue that washington didn't become a juggernaut afterwards though

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

Well that takes the steam out of my post !!!!! I just hit send on my post, and saw this.Sorry for the repeat.

32 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

Is Ditka coaching the Saints again?

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I'm not sure there is a universe where we could enter the draft  with the #1 pick and still have confidence that Darnold is our franchise QB. 

But hypothetically speaking, we could probably get that, if not more,  for Lawrence. 

Its not only that, its resetting the clock on a second contract for a FQB.  

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Sam Darnold didn't work out you move on and select a QB until you find the franchise QB. 

That's one approach. You can keep trying the same thing an expect different results. Or you could try acquiring a metric fukton of high draft picks and build the core of the team up so any incoming QB has a much better chance at success.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1