Say Goodbye to Sam Darnold

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Here’s the thing - burrows would look awful here, you’re right.  But that doesn’t mean darnold would look good on cincy.  

That's fair.  He needs to hit the reset button which was why it was so important to fire Gase a couple weeks ago.  I guess we'll see.

18 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Do some of you guys really think that any new Qb is going to look good with the talent on this team and more important the coaching?

Darnold is history we know that but the thought that Burrow or Lawrence or anyone would look good with the clown show lack of talent and the joke of offensive coaching is just not valid in my mind.

You’re right Sam is toast here...has some awful traits...leaves pocket too soon, happy feet, doesn’t anticipate well....just too inconsistent, makes 2 great throws per game and you’re like wow.....sadly they can all do that.

Burrow and Lawrence would play better, doesn’t matter who’s around them cuz they are better, more talented qbs

23 minutes ago, Pac said:

Who said anything about Zac Tayor?  Far as I know the Bengals still suck.  I'm saying that BurrowS would look like dogsh-t here under the worst coach in the NFL.

And that Darnold will be here if we don't have the chance to get Lawrence.

And that whether it be here or somewhere else, Darnold will have a career resurgence once he's away from Gase.

These will all be shown to be true.

Just like my QW take when you goofballs like SlobR were suggesting taking a 4th rounder for him. 

There is that age old saying that "Even a broken clock is right twice a day". You have a worse track record than a broken clock.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Titan24 said:

You’re right Sam is toast here...has some awful traits...leaves pocket too soon, happy feet, doesn’t anticipate well....just too inconsistent, makes 2 great throws per game and you’re like wow.....sadly they can all do that.

Burrow and Lawrence would play better, doesn’t matter who’s around them cuz they are better, more talented qbs

Even talented QB's need a team around them. Lawrence is also still ultimately unproven at the NFL level (for all the hype). Burrow is still just a rookie and we'll see how he progresses once teams get film on him going forward. 

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

That's fair.  He needs to hit the reset button which was why it was so important to fire Gase a couple weeks ago.  I guess we'll see.

Burrow would not look awful really under any circumstances.....you can just see he’s calm back there. Sam is all over the place....poor anticipation and mechanics.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

I hit the quote button in your comment, but apparently the tool didn't adjust the actual sender. I don't think people are keeping score, but i will change it.

Im just teasing you man lol. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I want with all my heart to believe this is true.  But lately, I'm starting to worry that those two Johnson dopes will keep Gase.  If not, why haven't they canned him already?  After the growing mess of the last two seasons, what more do they need to see?   I really am getting the vibe that Gase will be retained.

Why can him when he can take all the heat and the Johnsons can hide in the bunker till January? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Easy to say that when Burrow hasn't had to deal with a bad o-line as a rookie as well. 

I hear ya....but you know what there is something to be said for the guy under center making the right reads/checks before snap and making plays post snap to make those around him better which let’s be honest Sam has not done 

28 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Lance and Greg Roman would be very intriguing 

Don’t want anything to do with him

17 starts for a dynamite Division II program that damn near every QB that comes through over the last decade looks good in.

And you’ll never see him play another down in college between now and the draft. NDSU already cancelled their season after 1 game.

Stay away

Lawrence or Fields, period.

If we somehow land outside the Top 2, then go grab a legit playmaker like Ja’Marr Chase and see if Darnold’s dopey ass can turn it around with a legit coach and added weapons in place.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

No. You stop excusing Sam like he was your first born son.

Zac Taylor may be better than Gase, but he’s not far off from Adam at all.  If you actually watch Cincinnati games, you’d know that.  I’ve been following him for a while now because I liked Zac Taylor as a potential OC.  He’s been awful.

That “real RB” didn’t play today and Burrow still put up 400 yards and 3TDs today.

As for the WR conundrum?  Sam Darnold:

- Missed a wide open Mims for a touchdown in the beginning of the game, and plenty of other times in the second half.

- Got Breshad Perriman killed.

- Missed a wide open Chris Herndon for, what would have been, a 50+ yard catch and run TD.

- Threw a number of dangerous passes into double and triple coverage, 1 of which was a clean pick, and the other was batted for a pick.

He’s been missing guys, misreading coverages, and not seeing wide open receivers since week 1.  Enough with the “practice squad” nonsense.  This group, without Crowder, should have put up 14 more points than they did.  If Sam wasn’t a total moron, he also doesn’t throw the pick before half, taking away 3 points from Buffalo.  The All-22 film isn’t even out yet and we know that that Sam Darnold cost the team 17 points, by himself, in a 8 point loss.  The score should have been, as of now, without the All-22, a 24-15 Jets win. 

Nice try. 

There is absolutely nothing in the NFL that compares to the Jets on all level in regards to talent right now. 

I dont care about Sam one way or another but I'm unbiased enough to at least be able to see unequivocally that Sam has nowhere near the situation around him that Joe has. 

You're comparing Burrows first games in a competent offense, with weapons around him to Sam's offense after 3 years of getting pummeled and left out on the field to play alone against 11 men with a HC that is a moron. 

Wake me up when Burrow has been through the same sh*t.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I made a nice long post about this a few days ago.  I’ll just copy the post here:

“I know the consensus around here is that a mid-season firing is exactly what Gase deserves, but a lot of those same people, sometimes myself included, forget that there is a human element to all of this.  Potential coaching prospects do view mid-season firings as a "bad" move.  They like to see that they will be given every last opportunity to turn it around, and they appreciate the comfort of knowing that their families lives won't be absolutely shook, smack dab in the middle of the season.  That's not even getting to the "agent factor".  An agent is supposed to look out for his clients.  If you treat a guy like he's expendable sub-human waste, do you really think an agent is going to recommend more guys to take deals or opportunities with your team, be it coaches, GM candidates, or players???  Surprising as this may be, cutting Le'Veon Bell and moving on, giving him free choice of his next team, instead of trading him to some sh*thole for a 7th, was looked at as a good move within player circles.  They see that as doing right by the guy.  Potential free agents will remember that when taking us into consideration.  Same goes for Steve McLendon.  They traded him to a team of his choice, that happened to also be a legitimate contender.  There is so much more to all of these recent moves, potential moves, and how things were done in the past that affect how an organization is viewed to everyone, whether it be coaching prospects or potential free agents.  It's very easy to get emotional and call for a guy's head from the comfort of a forum.  It's a totally different thing to actually make that call when you know the ramifications it has on their personal life and how you are viewed as an organization.  The Johnson's (and by extension the Jets) have always been viewed as trigger happy and, overall, reactionary.  That has to change.  Joe Douglas, Christopher Johnson, and yes, even Woody Johnson, are aware of that.”

Long story short, there is no reason to can Gase, barring him killing someone in a fit of psychotic rage.  There is no interim head coach coming to save the day.  Just ride it out at this point.  There is too much long term harm a mid-season firing can do with little to no short term reward.

Great post.  I don't expect an interim HC to save the day.  Just to prepare the team and coach competently.  I don't want to see the by product of Gase's philosophy week after week to the point of being an absolute embarrassment.  And how much more harm could be done to the team than what they have become under Gase:  The NFL's worst franchise?

13 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Why can him when he can take all the heat and the Johnsons can hide in the bunker till January? 

Someone on the board wrote something recently that blew my mind.  To paraphrase,  the Johnsons have figured out that putting a good team on the field just doesn't matter that much because the fans still remain, buy the merchandise, etc.   It's a chicken sh*t philosophy.  But I think there is enough evidence over the years to believe that they might actually be following that course.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

41 minutes ago, Pac said:

Except I didn't..  just because I let a few guys relentlessly claim that I was Maccs biggest fan doesn't mean it's true.  I just didn't care enough to correct them.  In fact I wanted him fired when he re-signed Fitz.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, dbatesman said:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You and your ilk.

• Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I made a nice long post about this a few days ago.  I’ll just copy the post here:

“I know the consensus around here is that a mid-season firing is exactly what Gase deserves, but a lot of those same people, sometimes myself included, forget that there is a human element to all of this.  Potential coaching prospects do view mid-season firings as a "bad" move.  They like to see that they will be given every last opportunity to turn it around, and they appreciate the comfort of knowing that their families lives won't be absolutely shook, smack dab in the middle of the season.  That's not even getting to the "agent factor".  An agent is supposed to look out for his clients.  If you treat a guy like he's expendable sub-human waste, do you really think an agent is going to recommend more guys to take deals or opportunities with your team, be it coaches, GM candidates, or players???  Surprising as this may be, cutting Le'Veon Bell and moving on, giving him free choice of his next team, instead of trading him to some sh*thole for a 7th, was looked at as a good move within player circles.  They see that as doing right by the guy.  Potential free agents will remember that when taking us into consideration.  Same goes for Steve McLendon.  They traded him to a team of his choice, that happened to also be a legitimate contender.  There is so much more to all of these recent moves, potential moves, and how things were done in the past that affect how an organization is viewed to everyone, whether it be coaching prospects or potential free agents.  It's very easy to get emotional and call for a guy's head from the comfort of a forum.  It's a totally different thing to actually make that call when you know the ramifications it has on their personal life and how you are viewed as an organization.  The Johnson's (and by extension the Jets) have always been viewed as trigger happy and, overall, reactionary.  That has to change.  Joe Douglas, Christopher Johnson, and yes, even Woody Johnson, are aware of that.”

Long story short, there is no reason to fire Gase mid-season, barring him killing someone in a fit of psychotic rage.  There is no interim head coach coming to save the day.  Just ride it out at this point.  There is too much long term harm a mid-season firing can do with little to no short term reward.

Stop making JD sound like he has a clue what he is doing. JD IS THE ENEMY. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

+1

47 minutes ago, Pac said:

Except I didn't..  just because I let a few guys relentlessly claim that I was Maccs biggest fan doesn't mean it's true.  I just didn't care enough to correct them.  In fact I wanted him fired when he re-signed Fitz.

This is amazing. I’m so glad Donald Batesman took the time to wryly point out such an atrocious post. It’s almost like you have ambitions one day to run for office. 

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

case in point.

25 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Great post.  I don't expect an interim HC to save the day.  Just to prepare the team and coach competently.  I don't want to see the by product of Gase's philosophy week after week to the point of being an absolute embarrassment.  And how much more harm could be done to the team than what they have become under Gase:  The NFL's worst franchise?

Someone on the board wrote something recently that blew my mind.  To paraphrase,  the Johnsons have figured out that putting a good team on the field just doesn't matter that much because the fans still remain, buy the merchandise, etc.   It's a chicken sh*t philosophy.  But I think there is enough evidence over the years to believe that they might be following that course.

On the first point, I agree with the proposition that Gase should be kept, because:

• Reputation improvement described above.
  • lack of talent to develop to counter that.
  • save the Johnsons money from hiring and promoting interims.

We have always suspected that the Johnsons spend alot of time thinking about they can maximize profitability.   There is no Professional there in charge of optimizing the quality of the football team.  There is a professional trying to maximize profitability.  The Jets used to skimp on GM staff-that was improved as a condition to hire JD.  The Jets used to skimp on coordinators (Bowles did not pay any)-they now pay Williams.  The Trainers report to Hymie-not JD or Gase, and they are not good and in large part interns.  

I believe that the Johnsons are stubborn people, but as they continue to get pummelled in the press and standings, they will come around-because they are losings fans by the thousands, and it will effect ticket sales and prices.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Sanchez, Geno, Fitz, McCown and now Darnold.   And this franchise expects its fans to just accept this ineptitude.  Please move this team out of the NY Metro Area.

You know, nothing is keeping you here.  You are a click away from becoming a Giants fan regardless of what the Jets do.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You know, nothing is keeping you here.  You are a click away from becoming a Giants fan regardless of what the Jets do.

SAR I

You're that parent that "validates" all his kids' moronic choices.

Real love is being tough when someone you care about is effing up.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I like it here.  I've been a Jet fan since 1965 so it's difficult to jettison all those memories (good and bad).  Guess I'm a lifer. 

And NEVER a Giant fan.  I'd stop watching football first.  If the Jets ever moved away, I probably wind up supporting the Steelers.  I went to school in PA and had a bunch of buddies who were insane Steeler fans.  Although with my luck, Ben retires and they go on to suck for 40 years.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, DJF71 said:

I can't wait until the Jets ruin another QB. This organization is a waste of time.

The Jets didn't ruin Sam .... Sam had Obvious Issues in college and he's still that same guy. Watch his play its loaded with bad habits that do not translate to the NFL and after 3 years I have to think these habits are being pointed out to him. Today I actually saw him making an effort to step into throws but even then that's just part of the problem. He is still slow to read defenses and he's very slow to read open receivers after the snap the ball always seems to get there late and if your Brain can not process at a particular speed thru progressions to make those throws easier they will always lead to mistakes and missed opportunities.

Like I've said a million times you either have the brain power to play QB or you don't Sam unfortunately does not. That doers not mean hes dumb its just that you have to process things very fast to be an NFL QB.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, munchmemory said:

I like it here.  I've been a Jet fan since 1965 so it's difficult to jettison all those memories (good and bad).  Guess I'm a lifer. 

And NEVER a Giant fan.  I'd stop watching football first.  If the Jets ever moved away, I probably wind up supporting the Steelers.  I went to school in PA and had a bunch of buddies who were insane Steeler fans.  Although with my luck, Ben retires and they go on to suck for 40 years.

Doesn't matter. You're a "fake fan" now because you can acknowledge that the Jets suck from top to bottom. Welcome to the club.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Believe it or not, much worse.  The Washington Football Team is the low-point we should be looking to avoid.

• Upvote 1

Just now, munchmemory said:

Oh, I've been in the "club" at various times since the win in 1969.  I had "SOJF" tattooed on my nuts after Doug Brien missed those kicks.  

Wear it will a badge of honor. "SOJF" is a label applied to those that speak uncomfortable truths.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I appreciate the sentiment and certainly your long term loyalty. But our owners are not changing, they won’t for the rest of your life. So either understand that and be patient or perhaps focus on the New York Rangers. Their rebuild is over and look to be set for a decade.

SAR I