Say Goodbye to Sam Darnold

9 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

I gave him a fair chance....for 3 years I’ve tried to see the good and hope he could cut down on the bad....

No matter how many great throws he makes at times...it’s like he automatically has to have 2-3 brain farts a game...

The stans will come in here at talk about the hand he was dealt here...some of it is warranted...but is Adam Gase responsible for him throwing off his back foot into double coverage?....is Adam Gase telling him to take 15 yard sacks?....Is it Adam Gase’s fault that he still has ball security issues?...lemme guess? Adam Gase is responsible for him continually missing WIDE OPEN RECEIVERS

1st I thought Lawrence was the only QB we take and if we didn’t get the 1st pick we should trade down or take a player that can help us elsewhere. Well guess what...everything should be wide open now. Fields and Lance should get a good look as well. That high 1st should be spent on a QB  

No, but its Adam Gase's fault the team is 0-6

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

The problem is - he was better his rookie year.  He has regressed under Gase.  That certainly doesn't excuse Sam but Gase, absolutely, has to take a good share of the blame.

I agree...looked like he was turning the corner at the end of the season under Bowles and Bates....

However....as much as Adam Gase is a fraud...at the end of the day Sam is under center every play not him 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

I gave him a fair chance....for 3 years I’ve tried to see the good and hope he could cut down on the bad....

No matter how many great throws he makes at times...it’s like he automatically has to have 2-3 brain farts a game...

The stans will come in here at talk about the hand he was dealt here...some of it is warranted...but is Adam Gase responsible for him throwing off his back foot into double coverage?....is Adam Gase telling him to take 15 yard sacks?....Is it Adam Gase’s fault that he still has ball security issues?...lemme guess? Adam Gase is responsible for him continually missing WIDE OPEN RECEIVERS

1st I thought Lawrence was the only QB we take and if we didn’t get the 1st pick we should trade down or take a player that can help us elsewhere. Well guess what...everything should be wide open now. Fields and Lance should get a good look as well. That high 1st should be spent on a QB  

His brain seems really gassy. He should stop eating so many beans. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, carlito1171 said:

Sure but we have 1,000 other threads to direct our venom for that fraud...

Its Sammy boy’s turn in this thread

And we dont have another 1,000 trashing Darnold? 

...have you ever been on this forum before? 

7 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

I agree...looked like he was turning the corner at the end of the season under Bowles and Bates....

However....as much as Adam Gase is a fraud...at the end of the day Sam is under center every play not him 

That’s not true. He had 2 good games against the two worst pass defenses in the league. He sucked against the Pats that year in the final game. 

The guy can’t figure out the blitz, it’s insane how bad he is when the team shows they’re bringing an extra man.

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Lawrence, yes, absolutely. Fields, maybe, I’ll leave that to QB evaluation experts. Lance....not so sure. Feels like we’d be forcing a pick just to take a QB for taking a QB’s sake. 

He has two bad habits that seem like they are probably going to stick :

1) He holds the ball too long (takes too long to get through his progressions)

2) He forces the ball into traffic way too often - Lots of silly interceptions

Maybe he can develop into a good QB in a better situation, maybe he can’t. But I’m pretty sure he is done here 

• Upvote 4